All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

Nice project. I think there'd definitely be interest in these wagons in N too. Good luck.

Cheers

Ben A.

They've awakened my interest for a "based on" Eccles Road model in N which had gone dormant.

Hope the 4mm model is a huge success.

• Like 1

Hi No Decorum, regarding sprung buffers, including those on our model would increase the final price. We feel that concentrating the detail in other areas of the model is more beneficial.
Releasing three different running numbers with the same livery is something that we are considering.

Thanks Ben. There does appear to be quite a lot of interest in an N gauge version.

Hi Yes Tor, The ECC version of the PGA is on our list for future releases along with the ex-Tilbury Roadstone wagon which were subsequently purchased by Redland to expand their fleet. Both of these wagons are very much dependent on the success of the PG012A in order to release further versions. We would like to produce them that is for sure!

Thanks Hugh.

Hi 60006, at the present time we have a couple of options available to us, one of which is of a crowd-funding type venture. More information will be made available in due course.

Thanks Beast. We always like to help!
What about a 4mm Eccles Road?!!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Beast. We always like to help!

What about a 4mm Eccles Road?!!!

I'll be recovering my stock from Widnes at some stage, perhaps then ...

Excuse the ignorance, but are these wagons still in service. I've looked on the web and it's ambiguous. There is a reference to withdrawals in 2006 but that's it.

Regards

See my comment regarding East Anglia

post-6662-0-87579700-1474020667_thumb.gif

post-6662-0-21929600-1474020733_thumb.jpg

Last visit to Trowse and then only a couple in the train.

• Like 4

Thanks Talltim, I agree;

https://flic.kr/p/dceVbN

https://flic.kr/p/hWX8ss

Hi PenrithBeacon, up until very recently they could still be seen running out of Mountsorrel. However, as Beast has kindly informed us, these wagons are being replaced by bogie hoppers so their usage now is being severely reduced.

Why not sell them in 3's or 4's for £90-95. More appealing and easier to make up a rake

Thank you for your suggestion.

Good choice of wagon gents.

I remember seeing these going round the unloading loop a Radlett many moons ago.

I reckon this was the first train that brought class 56 traction to the southern end of the MML.

I wish you well with the project.

Early 80s Redland ones for me.

• Like 1

Nice one. These PGAs were used from Dowlow on a Freightliner hauled flow of limestone for a while in mid 2000s and were often seen with 4 x HHA coal hoppers on this flow. I think the flow served Cottam at least for gas desulp. traffic. And sometimes the odd PGA would be seen at Peak Forest in the yard awaiting onward movement for repairs. Photos at home on pc. I have quite a soft spot for PGAs especially those with Peak District connections... any wagons really.

• Like 1

Hi Mike it has been designed with P4/EM in mind. There is clearance for those wheels however the brake gear is spaced to suit OO. We did contemplate an extra sprue of brake gear in the box to suit P4 but that may not be cost effective for a relatively small market.

Edited by RBE

Good luck with it. Always good to have more high quality modern wagons. Sadly no interest from me as that I know of not relevant to my areas of interest.

Will look out for (hopefully) future releases with interest if this does well enough, which I'm sure it will.

Hi Mike it has been designed with P4/EM in mind. There is clearance for those wheels however the brake gear is spaced to suit OO. We did contemplate an extra sprue of brake gear in the box to suit P4 but that may not be cost effective for a relatively small market.

Would it not be possible in future to have a P4 specific version for pre-order only and charge extra for it?

Regards

Very nice wagon choice, I'm guessing a 60 or 66 in EWS would be a best use for haulage for these wagons.

Mat

There is varied haulage for these wagons as outlined in Alexs first post. I have always had a soft spot for a rake of these in redland pea green with a 56 thrashing at the front but there are options for everyone with these. As for P4 I did design in an additional hole for the brake gear initially to allow them to be removed and reinserted further out. I dropped it to allow the brake rigs to be one piece but there is no reason why this can't be reapplied and the brake gear split.

It's very welcome to see a new venture formed with the intention to produce high quality wagons.I wish you both good luck and every success.

One of the wagons on my wishlist in rtr form is the covered PGA hopper in white with the BIS livery.I don't have any knowledge to understand any differences between the open wagon proposed and those covered so can I ask, how far removed from what you have drawn would this wagon be,and in due course might this be something that you may consider?.You could count me in for alot of those if one could be produced.  

Hi and thanks for the interest. The BIS covered PGA is very different really. The chassis is pretty much the same but everything else is not. It can be put on the list of wagons to do but it's not really a natural progression from the PG012A

Edited by RBE

Hi there,

Nice project. I think there'd definitely be interest in these wagons in N too. Good luck.

Cheers

Ben A.

Agreed Ben.

Work on converting two rakes is now suspended here. What chance these and the ex Tilbury versions in N in the future ?

Scott

• Like 1