All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

Hi Paul, I do like the TRL PBAs, would go nicely with some Redland PGAs!

https://transportsofdelight.smugmug.com/RAILWAYS/FENLAND-RAILWAY-FOTOS/CLASS-56/i-HGDsLtG/A

Also behind a pair of 31s!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/billatkinson2/8227736030/

Which PCAs do you mean please?

Another JGA might be a popular one to add some variety to Bachmann's RMC wagon.

Any of the straight barrel designs really unless you have a bash at the French ones seen as they are on the back burner elsewhere?

Cheers Paul

Hi Alex & Cav

The reference to the Bardon PHA is the WH Davis Wagon circa 1986 , not the ex ECC wagon ... although that would be cool also .

Certainly the PTA would be a popular selection & I personally would buy 30+ ARC/FY units & would consider a further purchase of South Wales Iron ore examples

A couple more personal selections would be

> VTG 3 door Ferry vans

> Cargowaggon Holdall Wagons ( Norsk Hydro )

> also 2nd the suggestion of the CSA presflo’s

Looking forward to any potential vote

Furthermore with the painted versions due to arrive from China .... how long do you envisage deliveries to the customer of the accepted Production models ?

Thanx

TW

• Like 1

I think the Warflat (Shildon) might not sell as well as there is the Bachmann Warflat already. Some people will want both versions but it might dilute your potential market?

Thanks BR Blue, regarding ...

It is points like you made about Bachmann's Warflat that have to be taken into consideration.

Bachmann's warflat is only suitable for the early/steam periods - these being mostly scrapped and phased out by the late 70's.

Those of us interested in the "modern image" would greatly benefit from a modern KFA-G warflat (current design code KF004B, Shildon built in the mid-to-late 70's), as our only current option is a spottily available kit. Producing a model soon(ish) to add to the recently released Hatton's warwell would actually be reasonably well timed I think. I know I would buy ~20 of them!

I would also love some of the MODA build PFA's (design code PF012D, I think) as well, I'm sure you can sense a theme building here...

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tugs.

I know about the difference and would welcome the newer version. However I feel some people many not care as much and thus potential sales maybe diluted. I was looking at it from a manufacturer's point of view. As a modeller however I would welcome some.

Hello

I vote for the YEA. I have often wondered who would be brave enough to bring to market a critical rail system. The YEA Perch, Porpoise and Chute Welded Rail Carrier are seen extensively across the next work since the 1980s through to today. 

P0079L.jpg

P0080L.jpg

P0083L.jpg

Not withstanding, the YEA can also form a Snow and Ice Treatment Train (though geographically limited to the South)

sitt-dwg.jpg

Thanks for showing why this is so difficult for a new manufacturer to contemplate - and you have omitted the power wagon Porpoise DR800xx http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/perchporpoise/e53dd29e2 At least 3 bogie designs have been used, and cabs appear to have been rebuilt at some stage. A very complex set of wagons - yes very appealing as a model but I would suggest not one for a new company.

Paul

Quite complex but not so difficult to model. There are variations in bogies chute and gantry wagons etc but you don't need to model all of the variations. Pick one, do a set. You can get away with just the YEA 'Perch' as they could be seen in workings by themselves on occassion butvonce you do the other wagons in the set you really need to produce them all at once to ensure that people can model a rake. As you say though its probably not idea as a project for a new company. It will be on my to do list moving forward and I still intend to finish my N gauge 3D printed set.

DRS seems to be a rather popular livery for locos and stock.

How about some different types of nuclear flasks for them to pull? there are a number of different designs apart from the type made by Bachmann, and a large double bogie one (probably not viable that one in RTR). There are also the military nuclear carriers which go from the nuclear sub berths to selafield.

Sticking with an aggregates theme; the Redland self-discharge sets. Leaving scope for the adventurous to make it operate ;)

Sticking with an aggregates theme; the Redland self-discharge sets. Leaving scope for the adventurous to make it operate ;)

I must say some of you are expecting a huge amount from this small company. A bogie vehicle (which could be back dated to a container carrier) and four distinctive hopper wagons. Yes they have some similarities, but also considerable differences. And thats if the drawings are available (have n't the wagons been withdrawn and possibly scrapped?

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/selfdischarge

Paul

• Like 1

Hi guys heres my wish list ;)

JGA RMC curved top could also be used as the ECC Quarries variant

Bardon Aggregates early hexagon chassis style

PGA Tilcon with extened top

Clyde Cement bogie cement tanks either..

PBA blue dowlow polybulk, this one again could be used for the roofed or open version

Last but definately not least PBA Potash "Jolly Green Giant"

Cheers. :)

Edited by richard60098

If you are asking what I will buy? ARC / Yeoman PGAs. I'd probably have at least 60 of them.

To do justice to the PGAs you've probably got to do a good cross-section of the variants (so that you can exploit the livery variations). But given that you are doing the CAD yourselves you could probably design clever tooling with inter-changable parts to achieve this? This is where your approach (doing your own CAD) probably excels over others?

I started doing this myself as a brass kit... maybe I'll finish it one of these days?

Guy

• Like 1

ZCA sea urchin?

A few differing body types granted but would be a relatively easy one compared to some of the other suggestions perhaps

Different bodies on different chassis by different Works/Contractors over a long conversion period.

At least two body styles have an A and B version.

One chassis has and A and B version.

Worms, Open, Can, Of! :)

I suspect that this is why Hornby quietly dropped their proposed model to come out along side the OTA. 

MC

Bachmann's warflat is only suitable for the early/steam periods - these being mostly scrapped and phased out by the late 70's.

Those of us interested in the "modern image" would greatly benefit from a modern KFA-G warflat (current design code KF004B, Shildon built in the mid-to-late 70's), as our only current option is a spottily available kit. Producing a model soon(ish) to add to the recently released Hatton's warwell would actually be reasonably well timed I think. I know I would buy ~20 of them!

I would also love some of the MODA build PFA's (design code PF012D, I think) as well, I'm sure you can sense a theme building here...

Hi Tugs.

I know about the difference and would welcome the newer version. However I feel some people many not care as much and thus potential sales maybe diluted. I was looking at it from a manufacturer's point of view. As a modeller however I would welcome some.

Thanks Tugs and BR Blue. I think that both the PFA and the modern Warflat would prove popular, MOD traffic seems to appeal to a lot of modellers these days. 

However, I wonder if the Cawoods and Gypsum would also interest some?

I think that with the MOD traffic, you don't need to have long rakes which means not having to buy lots and lots of wagons.