All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

Absolutely!  They usually look like this when I see them nowadays - as this viaduct runs across the bottom of my street - almost always behind a GBRf 66 and virtually impossible to tell the livery on many examples...  [excuse the image quality...]

attachicon.gifP1110278 66764 - Copy.jpg

Blimey, what livery is that?!! Looks like graffiti livery.....

Does anyone know if the Brunner Mond JEA Bogie Limestone Hopper Wagons are much different to the Bardon wagons? They do look similar.

They are probably very different and it is just me!

• RMweb Premium

According to some of the Westbury drivers and shunters, the green / yellow Bardons looked good in the car park, on occasion!

You need to do one with a squashed Skoda Estelle underneath it!

Unfortunately, I can't find a photo of said incident online :mad:

Thanks, there are a few departmental wagons to consider.

some interesting suggestions Richard.

The PWA would be a good one, especially with opening doors!

Hi guys, yes I've seen others have now mentioned the Bardon Aggregates too! A colourful interesting livery with other variants of liverys there after but it would be the mustard and green for me... wat a wagon those are love them well love anything aggregates tbh ;)

Blimey, what livery is that?!! Looks like graffiti livery.....

Does anyone know if the Brunner Mond JEA Bogie Limestone Hopper Wagons are much different to the Bardon wagons? They do look similar.

They are probably very different and it is just me!

Do you mean the AI 271xx series JGAs? Yes they do look similar to the WH Davis Brunner Mond JEAs but not sure of dimensional differences. I would have to check the drawings and compare.

Cheers Paul

Do you mean the AI 271xx series JGAs? Yes they do look similar to the WH Davis Brunner Mond JEAs but not sure of dimensional differences. I would have to check the drawings and compare.

Cheers Paul

Personally I feel that they are closer relations to the EWS HTA's.

Mark

Cheers Paul

Hi Paul, yes I did, but on closer inspection maybe not! 

Personally I feel that they are closer relations to the EWS HTA's.

Mark

Here are photos of each:

https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/J-/JGA-bogie-hoppers/JGA-Aggregate-Industries-bogie/i-tQFD7Hp/A

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tutenkhamunsleeping/6851392735

There are definitely some similarities but the designs are no doubt different.

• RMweb Gold

Great to see a new manufacturer and also asking for ideas.  I'm an N gauger, so my suggestions for N would be:

PBA- Tiger Clay.  There was talk of one from Dapol I think a long time ago though

TEA- 100 Ton Cryogenic Tank Wagon In BOC Livery

PGA- diag PG006A (different style to the old farish offering) Yeoman/ARC liveries

VDA- but Bachmann must surely shrink this down from their OO one?

JGA- RFS Industries type in RMC livery to complement the Bachmann and N Soc types

PGA- diag PG005A in Peakstone livery, to complement the RMC hoppers.  Also early ARC livery applicable.

PAA- Grainflow covered hopper

BBA- would complement the Farish BAA.  Ex Chivers kit doesn't look like it's available anymore

Any bogie aggregate wagons PTA/PXA/PHA

Other's i'd have previously suggested such as PWA UKF van, and PHV ICI hoppers are available from Shapeways.

Great to see a new manufacturer and also asking for ideas.  I'm an N gauger, so my suggestions for N would be:

PBA- Tiger Clay.  There was talk of one from Dapol I think a long time ago though

TEA- 100 Ton Cryogenic Tank Wagon In BOC Livery

PGA- diag PG006A (different style to the old farish offering) Yeoman/ARC liveries

VDA- but Bachmann must surely shrink this down from their OO one?

JGA- RFS Industries type in RMC livery to complement the Bachmann and N Soc types

PGA- diag PG005A in Peakstone livery, to complement the RMC hoppers.  Also early ARC livery applicable.

PAA- Grainflow covered hopper

BBA- would complement the Farish BAA.  Ex Chivers kit doesn't look like it's available anymore

Any bogie aggregate wagons PTA/PXA/PHA

Other's i'd have previously suggested such as PWA UKF van, and PHV ICI hoppers are available from Shapeways.

Thanks for your input Stuey.

Latest update:

Today we have spoken to the factory and the first painted samples of our PGA wagon are in the process of being produced.

We hope to have the samples within the next couple of weeks.

We will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

We are due to receive the painted samples in the next week or two to examine. Once we have looked at them and are happy that they meet our approval then we will be looking to make the production run.

At this point due to the process of tweaking the model, paints and decals we can't nail down a firm date. There is certainly light at the end of the tunnel though and we will keep you all updated as always.

We are pleased with the progress however and feel that these are exciting times for the project and Cavalex Models as a whole!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Today we have spoken to the factory and the first painted samples of our PGA wagon have been assembled and are ready to be sent to the UK.

We hope to have the samples within the next week to ten days.

We will provide an update as soon as we have more information.

post-7236-0-24025300-1525376382_thumb.jpg

post-7236-0-87584200-1525376396_thumb.jpg

post-7236-0-01972700-1525376410_thumb.jpg

post-7236-0-81330100-1525376419_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Very nice!

Been so longer since I paid my deposit I can't remember the details, but did you take delivery addresses at that time or will that info be asked for later? My address should hopefully soon be changing.

Sublime!

I was initially concerned about how dark the green "L" was on the LaFarge branding, but put that down to less than flattering lighting/photography.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

Very nice!

Been so longer since I paid my deposit I can't remember the details, but did you take delivery addresses at that time or will that info be asked for later? My address should hopefully soon be changing.

Thanks SG. We will check delivery addresses once final production is started.

Sublime!

I was initially concerned about how dark the green "L" was on the LaFarge branding, but put that down to less than flattering lighting/photography.

C6T.

Thanks C6T. We really appreciate and encourage feedback.

The painted samples are for us to review and get the factory to make changes ahead of production. Once we are happy, production can then begin.

• Like 1

Thanks to Cav and Alex for visiting today.

I have to say, the models are absolutely stunning.

Here are a few pics of the wagons from today.

I think it is reasonable to say that this wagon is up there with the very best, and perhaps sets the new bar.

The finesse of the design and printing means that these could easily be mistaken as O scale from the images.

The wagon weighs in at a substantial 59g thanks to the zinc alloy chassis

I believe it may also be the first 4 wheel wagon with a close coupling mechanism.

There are a few minor details to be tweaked, but on the whole, this is an astounding first effot from Cavalex, and I’m very excited about obtaining my stock as they are sure to fly off the shelves.

post-40-0-31013900-1526736147_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-62228300-1526736231_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-67133200-1526736267_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-54854500-1526736284_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-86858200-1526736316_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-65168000-1526736337_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-27327400-1526736377_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-67124700-1526736403_thumb.jpeg

post-40-0-31011400-1526736462_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-50323600-1526736484_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-26271300-1526736502_thumb.jpegpost-40-0-70512200-1526736521_thumb.jpeg

And of course Cav and Alex:

post-40-0-03918800-1526736613_thumb.jpeg

• Like 14