All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

Postie had an exciting delivery for me today.

post-17057-0-62496700-1543696029_thumb.jpeg

Very stylish packaging

And the contents is pretty impressive too!

post-17057-0-63564600-1543696111_thumb.jpeg

The level of detailing is stunning

post-17057-0-03916000-1543696238_thumb.jpeg

post-17057-0-27587900-1543696283_thumb.jpeg

Big thank you to Cav and Alex for producing these wagons.

• Like 6

Dear Cavalex

Do you intend to have a second run of 4mm to mirror the livery variations that you offer on the 2mm model , secondly any thought to producing a 4 mm model with the protection panel already fitted & thirdly any mileage in producing the variant similar to this one with cut off side panels ( sorry don’t know the variant # ) to add a little variation to the rake !?

Cheers

TW

Good morning Thrallwelder, We are looking to start taking pre-orders for the second run of the wagons in early January, as yet we have not finalised the liveries but will post more information nearer the time.

There will be the option of factory fitted protection panels for all liveries.

• RMweb Gold

Hello,

I received my initial batch yesterday and very pleased with the Redland wagons. Lovely detail and packaging. 

Thanks Alex and Cav for bringing this product to fruition. I just wanted to check the Cavalex gmail was the right place to email as have a query?

Many thanks

Peter

• RMweb Gold

I received my order today of the Redland version.

A really great model and many congratulations to Alex and Cav. They are so much better than the old Hornby or Lima PGAs.

I plan to give them a run out this week and am looking forward to the next wagon.

• RMweb Gold

A good spot. Just testing to make sure you were awake. Ha ha.

Hoping mine arrive soon!

Edit: I guess not - I'm apparently not in this batch at all, despite ordering in March :(

Edited by McC

Hi McC,

The second batch is due to arrive very soon. Delivery in two batches was not how we would have liked it to have been in an ideal world but is out of our hands at this point.

We felt it only fair given the unfortunate situation that the poeople who ordered first should receive their wagons first. The customers who ordered prior to April 2017 allowed this project to go ahead so this thanks has been returned.

We understand your disappointment in having to wait a little longer but although you ordered in March this year you were that last customer to order, 11 months after our initial cut off date for the pre-order discount. We did however allow people to still order after that time with full discount available so as not to discriminate between customers on our first product.

As this unforseen event has taken place we have regretfully had to deliver wagons as fairly as possible which we believe is a first come first serve basis.

• Like 1

With apologies to McC I've got my 8 wagons and very good they are too!

I quickly changed the wheels to P4 ones on four of the wagons (need to get some more wheelsets for the others). A simple job which only took a matter of seconds.

A couple of photos below of them posed on my Boston Frodsham layout.

post-432-0-79703700-1544462193_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-79506100-1544462206_thumb.jpg

Now placed on my to do list to have instanter couplings and the supplied air pipes fitted then I'll have to summon up the courage to weather them. Though I'll probably practice on my old Lima and Horny models first!

• Like 10

Hi Cav/Alex,

These look excellent wagons and you’ve both done a great job to get them produced. Whilst I haven’t a need for these particular wagons on my layout, I’m very much looking forward to a rake of BBA’s especially after seeing these.

All the best

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cav/Alex,

These look excellent wagons and you’ve both done a great job to get them produced. Whilst I haven’t a need for these particular wagons on my layout, I’m very much looking forward to a rake of BBA’s especially after seeing these.

All the best

Mark

Thanks Mark for your kind comments, you could always back date your layout to recreate this sort of scene!!

https://flic.kr/p/hWGxq7

We are also looking forward to the BBA.

• RMweb Premium

A few apologies for the photo in this post... firstly the state of my layout... it’s just starting! And secondly, I know that the self discharge train ran with dedicated and appropriate wagons... however, I’m trying to create a ‘representation’ as I used to see running past my school.

Has anyone successfully colour matched the Redland PGAs? I am trying Humbrol 120 - it’s not bad, but it is too dull. Any help would be greatly appreciated.post-1110-0-98142700-1546554485_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3