All new RTR PGA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

Thanks again to all those members that have kindly taken the time to post on our thread, it really is appreciated.

Apologies Troublesome Trucks, as Cav has said at the moment we want to focus on the PGA but who knows, may be in the future.

As previously mentioned, our plan, subject to a successful release of the PG012A, would be to release the ex-Tilbury Roadstone PGA as below;

8550534703_a272e33fe0.jpgPGA REDA 14503 TJH01 Trowse 8th June 2001 Copyright Tim Horn by Tim Horn, on Flickr

6279636811_95b674b4ae.jpgPGA REDA 14521 TJH01 Trowse Monday 9th April 2001 Copyright Tim Horn by Tim Horn, on Flickr

This would allow modellers to mix these with the PG012A and also run as a rake in original Tilbury Roadstone livery:

4910766835_f470828258.jpg47 285 westbound through Stratford. by Adrian Nicholls, on Flickr

For those that model the Peak Forest area, these particular PGAs were used for a short period of time in 2002 on a flow from Dowlow to East Anglia.

6332249827_6b74c2bbfc.jpgPGA_REDA_DSCF0274 by Paul Harrison, on Flickr

The response to the Redland liver has got us thinking……

• Like 2

Following the announcement of our all new PGA wagon and the initial feedback received, it is now becoming clear that the demand for a wagon in Redland green is greater than we anticipated.

Our original plan was to release the wagon in Lafarge livery with the Redland green version to follow in the second run. However, whilst the iconic Redland green livery appeals to myself and Cav, there also appears to be a lot of modellers out there that share our affection for this livery.

So with that in mind we would like to ask members for expressions of interest in both liveries as we are now considering releasing both liveries in the first run, subject to demand.

You can express your interest by a poll that Andy has kindly set up for us;

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/115020-cavalex-pga-livery-survey/

Many thanks in advance and we really appreciate all feedback.

• RMweb Gold

Here is a photo of a shorter rake of wagons!

https://flic.kr/p/ik2coL

Later this week we will be providing some information on train formations to help modellers.

I have a short (ish) rake on the Trowse, I'll try and find the photos and add to your information. On occasion the Trowse stone (6L39/47) has been checked passing me and I've managed to photograph the whole rake. My photos of the Trowse are nearly all in the last 5 years, adding to Tim Horns collection.

• Like 1

Hi Mike it has been designed with P4/EM in mind. There is clearance for those wheels however the brake gear is spaced to suit OO. We did contemplate an extra sprue of brake gear in the box to suit P4 but that may not be cost effective for a relatively small market.

That's fine, don't mind doing a bit of modelling! I might even see if the Bill Bedford sprung W irons will fit.

I have a short (ish) rake on the Trowse, I'll try and find the photos and add to your information. On occasion the Trowse stone (6L39/47) has been checked passing me and I've managed to photograph the whole rake. My photos of the Trowse are nearly all in the last 5 years, adding to Tim Horns collection.

Thanks very much Beast. What we would like to do is to provide prototypical information on historical workings, including the traction and stock used, to help modellers.

The variety of traction that can be used to pull these wagons is quite nice to say the least, as I am sure you well know!

Tim has some excellent photos in his collection.

Thanks again.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks very much Beast. What we would like to do is to provide prototypical information on historical workings, including the traction and stock used, to help modellers.

That would very useful.

Many thanks