Modelu Figures & Component News

alanbuttler

That's what happens when you leave a thread for five minutes - Porcy gets in and and it all goes to pot....

And I thought Revos were fancy DAB radios designed not far from here in Lanark.

I'm just going about my daily quest of bringing discerning modellers a better lampost. (Raising the Standard)

You need a lesson in domestic appliance history lesson my man.

481696382_4d3b305ba6_o.jpgRevo Electrical advert, c1950 by mikeyashworth, on Flickr

I could of course refer you to an earlier post in this thread:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/114943-modelu-figures-components-july-2017/page-6&do=findComment&comment=2789247

or to an completely different post showing an old friend of mine. (Last Pic):

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85326-dave-fs-photos-ongoing-more-added-20th-september/page-229&do=findComment&comment=2195250

But I'll not, as people may think me strange.

I thought Revos were a type of welted sole developed by Goodyear.

What a sheltered life you must have led.

post-508-0-11399600-1505998732.jpg

(except for your special purple pulling pants)...do I get a prize for getting it correct?

A/box

No but I do congratulate you on making a highly ambiguous statement, regarding my behaviour, on the very rare occasion that I resort to utilising the under crackers garment. My Granny would be proud of you.

Unfortunately my purple crackers will not be receiving their annual airing around the town centre of Aylesbury this coming weekend due to fiscal discomfiture.  (Mine and others).

P

(On his never ending quest)

Edited by Porcy Mane

I'm just going about my daily quest of bringing discerning modellers a better lampost. (Raising the Standard)

You need a lesson in domestic appliance history lesson my man.

481696382_4d3b305ba6_o.jpgRevo Electrical advert, c1950 by mikeyashworth, on Flickr

I could of course refer you to an earlier post in this thread:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/114943-modelu-figures-components-july-2017/page-6&do=findComment&comment=2789247

or to an completely different post showing an old friend of mine. (Last Pic):

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85326-dave-fs-photos-ongoing-more-added-20th-september/page-229&do=findComment&comment=2195250

But I'll not, as people may think me strange.

What a sheltered life you must have led.

attachicon.gifELRFeb2014--53-EditSm.jpg

No but I do congratulate you on making a highly ambiguous statement, regarding my behaviour, on the very rare occasion that I resort to utilising the under crackers garment. My Granny would be proud of you.

Unfortunately my purple crackers will not be receiving their annual airing around the town centre of Aylesbury this coming weekend due to fiscal discomfiture.  (Mine and others).

P

(On his never ending quest)

There is a cure for your condition. I believe it is called Revo Lotion?

• RMweb Gold

"'ello, 'ello, 'ello, what's goin' on 'ere then?"

"Oh, hello officer, I'm just scanning a lamppost."

"Scannin' a lamppost? D'you think I was born yesterday? You'd best come down the station and speak to my Sargent, sonny boy."

"No, really, there are some people who want me to do this....... ok, I'll come quietly."

(Apologies to any of the boys in blue who may read this...)

I'd think he could throw some light on my enquiries. He's certainly a shady character

• 2 weeks later...

And now for something completely different.... 

post-17930-0-66048600-1507139393.png

Back in April this year the production company Special Treats commissioned me to 3D scan and print the band XTC for a new documentary on the group. Being from Swindon and with band member Andy Partridge having an interest in figurines and models, they had the idea of filming the band in miniature at Pendon Museum.

post-17930-0-43051700-1507139406_thumb.jpg

The finished 4mm scale figures were painted by Paul Marshall-potter and hand delivered for filming at Pendon in May. We had the chance to see the documentary at a screening in Soho last month, with Pendon and the figures featuring regularly throughout the 70 minutes.

post-17930-0-63347800-1507139401_thumb.jpg

XTC This is Pop airs this Saturday evening at 9pm on Sky Arts and if you want to see the Vale Scene occupied by 'one of Britian's most influentilal yet unsung bands', then don't miss it!
http://www.radiotimes.com/tv-prog…/e/fxhhny/xtc-this-is-pop/

post-17930-0-14956800-1507139398.png

(yes that is graffiti on Pendon Parva signal box!!)

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Alan Buttler, scanner to the stars! Very rock and roll. You soon won't want to bother with us mere railway modellers.

Will XTC be appearing in the shop for those who wish to model a rock concert?

• Like 2

Back in April this year the production company Special Treats commissioned me to 3D scan and print the band XTC for a new documentary on the group. Being from Swindon and with band member Andy Partridge having an interest in figurines and models, they had the idea of filming the band in miniature at Pendon Museum.

The finished 4mm scale figures were painted by Paul Marshall-potter and hand delivered for filming at Pendon in May. We had the chance to see the documentary at a screening in Soho last month, with Pendon and the figures featuring regularly throughout the 70 minutes.

Will XTC be appearing in the shop for those who wish to model a rock concert?

Can I have a 1970s version, please?

Edited by BernardTPM
  • Like 1

I wish we had something as good in Australia as Halfords primer and their other paints. Nothing i have found is very good, so i use Tamiya spray paints which considering their size are fairly expensive.

If any Australian modellers know of anything good please let me know.

I'm currently using Septone super etch primer from Supercheap.  Tamiya is about 10 times the price per litre.

• 2 weeks later...

The first additions to the range of Loco Shed detailing components are now available from the web shop, these include:

2703 Oil Supply Can (Large)

2704 Loco Oil Supply Cans (2 sizes)

2706 Loco Slide Jack

2710 GWR Standpipe

2711 GWR Fire Hose Cabinet

2720 Loco Brake Block Stack

2722 Oil Drum (Dented)

post-17930-0-90842100-1509022427.png

post-17930-0-77321300-1509022431.png

post-17930-0-04669700-1509022435.png

The items are available in 4mm and 7mm scales currently.   I'm still working through a backlog of commission work from the Summer exhibitions and events, once that is complete I'll make a start on adding the Edwardian figures into the catalogue. 

Cheers!

Alan

• Like 16

How on earth do you manage to fit all this in to your life? 

Haha yes good question Mick! Well for the first 2 and half years or so it was by having no life.. it was the only way! Now I get a little more balance, still not as much as I'd like but an end is in sight when I get moved into the new workshop in Shrewsbury, hopefully in early November before Warley, otherwise it will be well into December.  

Once I'm settled in I'll be making a few changes to help get scan commissions out the door much quicker and also new products designed and in the range quicker.  Unfortunately it will mean that I will not be offering my design/print commissions anymore, instead I will be forwarding these onto people that offer these services solely. At present my lead times for design/print are so bad that it is much better all round for me to pass the work onto to people who can turn things around quickly.

Perhaps a bit off topic, but when did the larger (55 gal) metal oil drums first become common in the UK? (BTW love the dented look!)

Dave

Done on the pre grouping wagon load thread. Earliest is 1910s for invention somewhere in the states, so rare as hens teeth before grouping. Increase a little with grouping. Ww2 when really started to be common. If I recall the discussion correctly.
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...