Modelu Figures & Component News

alanbuttler

16 hours ago, alanbuttler said:

Hi Stephen,  apologies for the delay! We've just pushed through a load of webshop updates which now includes 7mm scale slide chairs.  If you'd like a sample popping the post please let me know,

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/product/2121/

Cheers

Alan

Hi,

Just sent you an email but basically yes please! As soon as they are available to order please let me know and I can stop trying to improve C&L ones by adding the missing chair to rail bolt.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stephen Freeman said:

Hi,

Just sent you an email but basically yes please! As soon as they are available to order please let me know and I can stop trying to improve C&L ones by adding the missing chair to rail bolt.

I'll get some off to you in the next couple of days Stephen 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, alanbuttler said:

Yes good point Jol, I've been thinking the same and struggling a little to categorise clothing styles which can span many fashion era's!  The strap line should actually read "Pre War" to encompass everything prior to 1939 in theory... I'll correct it.  

I've been having a bit of fun modifying some of your drivers Alan. Cutting and glueing the printed material is easier than I thought.

It may come as a surprise, but did you know that ModelU and Andrew Stadden have recently merged ? :jester:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

It may come as a surprise, but did you know that ModelU and Andrew Stadden have recently merged ? :jester:

Super work Mikkel!  Shows what well sculpted and anatomically correct figures the AS ones are for a white metal head to work on a 3D scanned body.    I've a new scan of a chap with a full beard (see the Manning Wardle images), if needed I can swap this head onto other bodies prior to printing

• Like 2

Hi Alan,

Loved the loco crew figures and GWR whistles I purchased last year. I will have to do another order sometime in the next couple of months.

Do you have any amateur dramatic societies in your area who may pose for you in period Victorian or Edwardian costume? A free copy of a figure of themselves could be provided as payment - I've never heard of an actor who would refuse their own likeness.

Dave R.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Devo63 said:

Hi Alan,

Loved the loco crew figures and GWR whistles I purchased last year. I will have to do another order sometime in the next couple of months.

Do you have any amateur dramatic societies in your area who may pose for you in period Victorian or Edwardian costume? A free copy of a figure of themselves could be provided as payment - I've never heard of an actor who would refuse their own likeness.

Dave R.  

Plans are afoot on this subject Dave! Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some material news, I'll slowly be replacing the red resin used for details such as lamps with a high resolution green resin.  This resin is compatible with the new machine and is of a much higher quality than the red, as these crude 4mm scale GWR Loco Lamp comparison shots show!   These are printed at 30 micron slices at a rate of x400 4mm scale lamps in 30 minutes, about 5 times faster than the older machines.

Next step is to print components in the new material and see if anything needs adjusting, in the case of lamps the handles need thickening up at touch at the apex.  More to come soon!

53525896_2532041623475914_1410878846722375680_n.jpg.18a1cde91985b99ed5bb99ec2d8dba68.jpg53657271_2532041730142570_7234782688245186560_n.jpg.40e5475f94155c02e2d9479d8dca6308.jpg

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

Out of interest, Alan, if one can get a scan done independently (I might soon have access to a scanner), would you be willing to take those scans to add into the product range? I'm simply musing that I may be able to provide you with some Southern Railway platform staff scans...

• Like 1

Sample of the 7mm scale GWR Slide chairs dropped through the letterbox this morning. I note they are in the new Grey (much better for this application than bright red).  Looking forward to them appearing on the website to order.

modelu7mmchairs.jpg

Edited by Stephen Freeman
  • Like 4

An excellent idea and the range continues to expand.  I look forward to seeing them at any (either) of the Big Shows in Scotland (please).

A suggestion, given the past popularity of Last of the Summer Wine and of course Harry Potter I am surprised a group of people have not grouped together to get a series of "trio of elderly Yorkshire men and friends " or "schoolchildren wizards" - as no doubt there are copyright issues with the names.

I'd do it myself but procuring Yorkshiremen to say nothing of school children wizards or otherwise is outwith my job description!

GP 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

On 03/04/2019 at 11:53, sem34090 said:

Out of interest, Alan, if one can get a scan done independently (I might soon have access to a scanner), would you be willing to take those scans to add into the product range? I'm simply musing that I may be able to provide you with some Southern Railway platform staff scans...

That would be fantastic, yes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/04/2019 at 11:53, sem34090 said:

2 minutes ago, alanbuttler said:

That would be fantastic, yes!

Time, then, to dust off the top hat, morning tails and sponge bags to become my very own Fat Controller!

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Been scanned today by Alan at Pendon and had a couple of figures printed, have to say the new HD plastic printing is stunning, just got home, showed it to the wife and she is amazed at the detail that can be printed on a figure under an inch tall.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, wamwig said:

Been scanned today by Alan at Pendon and had a couple of figures printed, have to say the new HD plastic printing is stunning, just got home, showed it to the wife and she is amazed at the detail that can be printed on a figure under an inch tall.

Ha! Now I know who you are! :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, PMP said:

Some of the latest figures, available today at DEMU, Swadlincote, stand E17

Cross posting should be banned.  :smile_mini2:

Now a multiple print of solitary shunters poles might be a good seller. How often do you see them resting across a buffer beam, wedged between lamp brackets or just stuck in the their purpose built sockets on the front step of an 08.

https://flic.kr/p/6PPySS

What say you? 

Edited by Porcy Mane
spiIIing pistakes.
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, PMP said:

I say catalogue number #2748 in packs of three. How many packs would sir like?  :)

Fook me! How did i miss them? 

Donkey ears duly donned.

"Eee aw, "Eee aw."

Order dispatched. Now about those lamp posts....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1