Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

The daffs are particularly convincing. 

Thanks Landlord, you should have seen how small the bulbs were! 

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, bbishop said:

But the seagull looks a bit like Rod Hull's "Emu".  Bill

That’s Gerard the seagull not so much wild as furious... 

• Funny 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

LCDR and SECR power, eh? Perhaps the pub needs to be renamed? 

Occasionally Canute Road Quay moves  location but the one constant is your Waterloo Tavern, it’s alway good to remind any area of the Primary London ‘Terminus’, besides it’s bad luck to rename a Pub l! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

I hate to be "that person", it's a curse of building too many wagon kits, becoming a wagon nerd and buying loads of books on the subject matter, some with good chapters on wagon construction. The top two planks on a 7 plank like the one in the pic were all one length, so if it had been repaired, you need to paint the whole length, not sections of it. I've seen quite a few model wagons painted like the one above. I've tried looking for prototype pics of partially replaced upper planks but not found any. Cue someone coming along with that very pic...

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 57xx said:

I hate to be "that person", it's a curse of building too many wagon kits, becoming a wagon nerd and buying loads of books on the subject matter, some with good chapters on wagon construction. The top two planks on a 7 plank like the one in the pic were all one length, so if it had been repaired, you need to paint the whole length, not sections of it. I've seen quite a few model wagons painted like the one above. I've tried looking for prototype pics of partially replaced upper planks but not found any. Cue someone coming along with that very pic...

Well spotted, yep I agree and something to add to my list of things to  amend. 

• Friendly/supportive 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Remember a blue Gronk thing from a few posts ago…

…. Work in progress, still a bit ghostly at the moment…

52BBA511-6627-406D-AE37-53231851B4C1.jpeg.851c78e04e7d076b2136f4e338698a62.jpeg

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 17
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Exhibition Update

The current planned exhibition appearances of Canute Road Quay are as follows (subject to change):

Sunday 16th January 2022- Astolat Model Railway Circle, Surrey Sports Park, University of Surrey, Richard Meyjes Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7AD

5th / 6th February 2022- Stafford Railway Circle, Stafford County Showground, Weston Road, ST18 0BD

15th October 2022 – Beckenham and West Wickham MRC, St John’s Church, Eden Park Avenue, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3JN

F323B1ED-B75E-45BE-BC68-23AB7F7842AB.jpeg.24d6bad8f02baf201098151c97c114be.jpeg

• Like 13

On 27/08/2021 at 09:51, Graham_Muz said:

Exhibition Update

The current planned exhibition appearances of Canute Road Quay are as follows (subject to change):

Sunday 16th January 2022- Astolat Model Railway Circle, Surrey Sports Park, University of Surrey, Richard Meyjes Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7AD

5th / 6th February 2022- Stafford Railway Circle, Stafford County Showground, Weston Road, ST18 0BD

15th October 2022 – Beckenham and West Wickham MRC, St John’s Church, Eden Park Avenue, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3JN

Hi,

I'll book my leave then! :D

Simon

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

From the archive #4 The quay to making puddles and something about gulls…

Although it could be said that I cheated with Canute Road Quay when I modelled the quayside wall as part of the front facia of the layout; this was not to avoid having to create the water but in fact to maximise the space available with a 12 inch deep baseboard. There are however a number of representations of water on Canute Road Quay in the form of a few puddles, see my post to read the quick explanation of the method I used to create the effect of standing water here https://southern-railway.com/2021/09/14/from-the-archive-4-the-quay-to-making-puddles-and-something-about-gulls/

Puddles_4.jpg.470a33228beb1f49ff8d80ba0e7940a7.jpg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1