Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

My November 1947 condition 21c11 General Steam Navigation is starting to go a bit green... based on a Hornby 35017 with new cab, unique front fairings, etched smoke deflectors and repositioned safety valves. 
C1046D50-7B7B-4606-A0D3-61F9E386E566.jpeg.1c22b325e46626db73652c859edba371.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 9

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

My November 1947 condition 21c11 General Steam Navigation is starting to go a bit green... based on a Hornby 35017 with new cab, unique front fairings, etched smoke deflectors and repositioned safety valves. 
C1046D50-7B7B-4606-A0D3-61F9E386E566.jpeg.1c22b325e46626db73652c859edba371.jpeg

Very nice Muz - even if it s the wrong shade of green (for my interest).  I do wonder if SK who keeps on telling us on tv that he is selling 'fun' quite thinks of it in the way you do :scratchhead:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Very nice Muz - even if it s the wrong shade of green (for my interest).  I do wonder if SK who keeps on telling us on tv that he is selling 'fun' quite thinks of it in the way you do :scratchhead:

I agree that malachite is a bit marmite, but I love both!

Also the visual perception of the actual colour on the model will change again once the casing top is black and the yellow lines go on.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Canute Road Quay made a couple of appearances during the BRM  #bigWORshow this weekend. Its main appearance is below were as well as talking about Merchant Navy General Steam Navigation   we touch on perspective modelling.  

It also appears as the backdrop to the interview with the KMRC Bossman and myself, I had to be careful with what I left on the layout, I think I got away with it....

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Exhibition update

I have been advised that the Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition that Canute Road Quay was due to attend on 5th & 6th February 2022 has been unfortunately cancelled.

The show organisers have advised: “In view of the rapidly worsening Covid situation caused by the Omicron variant, Stafford Railway Circle has decided that it is not possible to proceed with this exhibition. We deeply regret that we have to cancel it and hope that our exhibitors, traders and would-be customers will understand why this decision has been taken. Our sincere apologies but hopefully you understand.

Unfortunate but understandable, I hope to be there in 2023.

Canute Road Quay is also scheduled to be at the Astolat Model Railway Circle exhibition in Guildford on Sunday 16th January 2022, I am aware that the organisers are monitoring the current situation and will advise further in due course.

• Friendly/supportive 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 01/01/2022 at 12:57, Oldddudders said:

I like the round-ended wagon. Is it ex-LBSCR?

Hi Landlord,

Yes indeed it is an ex LBSC Diagram 1369 open.

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I am pleased to advise that the Astolat Model Railway Circle exhibition on Sunday 16th January is GOING AHEAD which makes a welcome change at a time that has seen many shows cancelled. I look forward to attending this pleasant show with Canute Road Quay. Please come along, say hello and support the Astolat MRC.

455538590_170929CanuteRdQIMG_2524WEB.jpg.a3308be030ad1a67b0539c8444df6e37.jpg

The show is being held at the Surrey Sports Park, University of Surrey, Richard Meyjes Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7AD

Doors open at 10:00 am and close at 5:00pm. Entry prices are £6.00 for Adult, £3.00 for Child (under 14) and £12.00 for family (2 + 2).

Important Covid Advisory Information.
In light of the latest government guidelines all adult visitors to the January exhibition will sensibly be required to wear masks and will require evidence of at least double vaccination or proof of a recent negative Lateral Flow Test to gain entry to the Surrey Sports Park buildings.

Obviously things and or any requirements still might change, so I advise checking the Astolat Model Railway Circle exhibition website here  before setting out to visit the show but I  look forward to hopefully seeing you there.

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

2022-01-Graham-Muspratt.jpg.3e14e5da2adee711285c6307453ede43.jpgI am delighted and honoured to have been asked to present the January lecture at The Model Railway Club on Thursday 13th January and it will feature Canute Road Quay

See here for details https://southern-railway.com/2022/01/06/the-model-railway-club-january-lecture-modelling-the-southern-13th-january/ You can also join via Zoom.

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 6

• RMweb Gold
On 05/01/2022 at 10:07, Graham_Muz said:

I am pleased to advise that the Astolat Model Railway Circle exhibition on Sunday 16th January is GOING AHEAD which makes a welcome change at a time that has seen many shows cancelled. I look forward to attending this pleasant show with Canute Road Quay. Please come along, say hello and support the Astolat MRC.

455538590_170929CanuteRdQIMG_2524WEB.jpg.a3308be030ad1a67b0539c8444df6e37.jpg

The show is being held at the Surrey Sports Park, University of Surrey, Richard Meyjes Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7AD

Doors open at 10:00 am and close at 5:00pm. Entry prices are £6.00 for Adult, £3.00 for Child (under 14) and £12.00 for family (2 + 2).

Important Covid Advisory Information.
In light of the latest government guidelines all adult visitors to the January exhibition will sensibly be required to wear masks and will require evidence of at least double vaccination or proof of a recent negative Lateral Flow Test to gain entry to the Surrey Sports Park buildings.

Obviously things and or any requirements still might change, so I advise checking the Astolat Model Railway Circle exhibition website here  before setting out to visit the show but I  look forward to hopefully seeing you there.

A Reminder - Astolat Guildford Exhibition - this Sunday 16th Jan is GOING AHEAD - See Canute Road Quay in person!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I've managed to extract Canute Road Quay and load the car ready for its visit to the Astolat Guildford Exhibition tomorrow. Come along and say hello!
It's first exhibition in a couple of years and had become a bit embedded at home, I think I've remembered everything! 
https://southern-railway.com/2022/01/05/astolat-guildford-exhibition-sunday-16th-jan-is-going-ahead-see-canute-road-quay

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

IMG_7922.jpg.417f881a79029d3d590f5ec8bce6ccc0.jpgCanute Road Quay is all set up and ready the opening of the Astolat Model Railway Circle exhibition today in Guildford 

IMG_7921(Edited).jpg

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 17