Dapol Class 22

DLPG

• RMweb Gold

Gutted.  I looking to replace my four kit built models of late production batch Baby Warships (D6334 onwards).  The Dapol ones have much better detail.
Looks like they'll be remaining in service and my £o££€¥ staying in the bank!

• 7 months later...

Looks like a new batch of D63xx are in preparation.  Five or six bodyshells in a display case at Chirk in various liveries. can't remember off hand but I think there were four green ones and two blue ones. The blue looked spot on, 100% better than the initial batch of these, and the BSYP version may prove to be a weakness for me !!!!  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Painted samples for release later this year.post-20773-0-54182600-1522004840_thumb.jpeg

and a few more behind the B4’spost-20773-0-47525300-1522004858_thumb.jpeg

Dapol seems on track to become number 2 producer when it comes to delivering on backlog, with 59, B4, GWR 2-6-0/2-6-2t and class 21/9 on track, plus this weekends announcement of the Terrier by Rails, and an almost dead cert slip of the tongue giveaway by a retailer of something else this weekend, plus another almost in the bag suggestion i’m Pretty confident that there’s more announcements in the next few months to come that will be linked to Dapol.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

The colours do look a lot better.

The 73s on show at Ally Pally also looked to be a much closer, if still not correct, match.  Speaking with Joel he professed no knowledge of colour-matching issues with the earlier 22s (nor the 73s), nor that bits apparently fall off the 73s just by looking at them.  

This improvement is welcomed.  Because the earlier 22s, especially the blue ones, were well wide of the mark unless considered to be faded and work-worn. 

• 2 months later...

Dapol's Facebook page says following now being sent to stockists

4D-012-004 D6325 BR Green No WP Disc H/C
4D-012-006 D6327 BR Blue SYP
4D-012-008 D6332 BR Blue FYE
4D-012-009 D6322 BR Green SYP Disk H/C

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Dapol's Facebook page says following now being sent to stockists

4D-012-004 D6325 BR Green No WP Disc H/C

4D-012-006 D6327 BR Blue SYP

4D-012-008 D6332 BR Blue FYE

4D-012-009 D6322 BR Green SYP Disk H/C

Woohoo!!!

• RMweb Premium

Blue SYP ordered for me.

Will go nicely with the Blue SYP Western when it comes out.

Hopefully the BR blue with FYE is the correct blue and yellow and not Dapol's "Class 73 BR blue"

I too am interested in a 22 and Western but will not be ordering anything until both colours, and how they compare with the previous releases, have been confirmed.

Edit: to be clear I'm NOT referring to the Blue SYP version

Edited by brushman47544

• RMweb Gold

Assuming it's the correct blue and yellow and not Dapol's "Class 73 BR blue"

I too am interested in a 22 and Western but will not be ordering anything until both colours, and how they compare with the previous releases, have been confirmed.

All you have to do is scroll up this very same page that you scrolled down in order to write that damnin post....

to save your finger the strain I’ve put a link below.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/1150-Dapol-class-22/page-61&do=findComment&comment=3101445

I’ve found no issue with the SYP class 73 in Blue, nor the Westerns in Blue, both of which represent the same era, and the Paint samples in the above picture are closer to the SYP 73 and 52 than the 1980’s era 73’s. As the one who took the said picture above I do have the benefit of eyes on the actual model as opposed to the keyboard so maybe i’m marginally better informed. Though I will grant you the earlier BR 1970’s Blue class 22’s were a little greener in hue than I think they should have been, and IIRC the blue full yellow ends in the above picture (very left) also looked that way still... it’s possibly the FYE that gives it that illusion... I suspect (purely a guess untiI I get the new model in the flesh) the SYP is over sprayed on the blue making a darker yellow, and a darke blue where as the FYE is sprayed yellow first then masked, before the all over blue making the both the yellow and the blue lighter.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

All you have to do is scroll up this very same page that you scrolled down in order to write that damnin post....

to save your finger the strain I’ve put a link below.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/1150-Dapol-class-22/page-61&do=findComment&comment=3101445

I’ve found no issue with the SYP class 73 in Blue, nor the Westerns in Blue, both of which represent the same era, and the Paint samples in the above picture are closer to the SYP 73 and 52 than the 1980’s era 73’s. As the one who took the said picture above I do have the benefit of eyes on the actual model as opposed to the keyboard so maybe i’m marginally better informed. Though I will grant you the earlier BR 1970’s Blue class 22’s were a little greener in hue than I think they should have been, and IIRC the blue full yellow ends in the above picture (very left) also looked that way still... it’s possibly the FYE that gives it that illusion... I suspect (purely a guess untiI I get the new model in the flesh) the SYP is over sprayed on the blue making a darker yellow, and a darke blue where as the FYE is sprayed yellow first then masked, before the all over blue making the both the yellow and the blue lighter.

Yes, I'm well aware of that photo thanks. Personally I'm interested in the later FYE version not the earlier blue with SYP (sorry my post perhaps didn't make that clear). From what you can see of the BR blue I agree it does look better, but colour in photographs can be misleading (especially through glass in that cabinet and different lighting conditions) and so I'd prefer to see old and new side by side to make an accurate comparison before committing to buy.

Edited by brushman47544

If it is, it'll match the one I have - so no problems here :jester:

That's another one which will need to be repainted.

Wrong size logos.

Numbers too low. (Probably due to the model having the driver's name holder which shouldn't be there.)

Why are the kick plates below the cab doors silver?

Is it too much to ask for these things to be right?

Geoff Endacott

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

D6327 bsyp is the same shade of green/blue Geoff

http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/55510/4D-012-006-Dapol-Class-22-Diesel-Locomotive-number-D6327

I'm now glad I resprayed my own to this livery a couple of years ago, it looks much better with the correct shade of blue, plus it rectifies the black body side grilles which shouldn't be black either. It was a pig to mask up though.

I will be getting a model of D6331 though.

Neil

That's another one which will need to be repainted.

Wrong size logos.

Numbers too low. (Probably due to the model having the driver's name holder which shouldn't be there.)

Why are the kick plates below the cab doors silver?

Is it too much to ask for these things to be right?

Geoff Endacott

And windows that need gluing in ?

• RMweb Gold

All ye of little faith...

My half yellow end blue one arrived today and is much deeper blue than its predecessor in FYE.post-20773-0-84229300-1529150354_thumb.jpeg

Old and new side by side.

I’ve checked the prototype and the double arrow is in this unusual place.

post-20773-0-97569200-1529150412_thumb.jpegpost-20773-0-90077200-1529150432_thumb.jpeg

Comparison against the western from Dapol.

post-20773-0-94836700-1529150460_thumb.jpegpost-20773-0-04101200-1529150663_thumb.jpeg

Can’t fault it, at ally pally they both looked the same blue, but I’ve only bought the HYE version today.

post-20773-0-87356700-1529150539_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1