2mm Shop 2

Yorkshire Square

Hello!

As some of you might know, I have taken on the running of the Association's Shop 2 from Steve Cooper.

The shop is generally well stocked, but occasionally items do run out. I'll use this thread to let you know when these are back in stock. 

I'll also use the thread to give you a bit more info on new products.

Please don't use this thread to ask me questions as I may not monitor it constantly. Instead, please email me at shop2@2mm.org.uk or 2mmshop2@gmail.com

Thanks!

Tony

• Like 1

Having been MIA for some time, two of our plastic body kits are now available again. These are now produced by the manufacturer of Easitrac:

2ldeec5.jpg

Note that there is no roof with the LMS van. You will need to make your own or use one of the etched roofs from the shop.

2v80sh3.jpg

Also back in stock are the Bonnet End Mink As. These are resin castings of the whole body:

sq176b.jpg

Finally, I have a small supply of 7mm disc wheels. The main stock is in the Coaching Shop (3), but occasionally you will need 7mm freight wheels:

65o379.jpg

Edited by Yorkshire Square

In the post this morning, from Bill Blackburn, filling another gap in my inventory, 2-330:

2dp7q8.jpg

This is a generic chassis etch and was one of the first to conform to the now well established standards for chassis design. Note there are no springs or axleboxes in this etch. You will need castings/etches for these.

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't had your October/November newsletter yet, or if you haven't read it  :nono: , there's good news on the p&p front for all of the Association shops.

royalmail-logo.png

UK orders of £10 and over are now POST FREE. Orders under £10 are a nominal £1.50 p&p

Overseas orders of £25 and over are POST FREE. Orders under £25 are a nominal £2.00 p&p

Fill your boots!

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Pleasant evening spent counting 400 buffers (2-072) for shipment to Denmark. Smaller quantities are available...  :O

I use a precision balance for counting large numbers of small items. Weigh 10 or 20 of them, and then do the rest by weight. 

Or, if its a regular thing, I'd build a counting-by-volume device (I assume shop keepers still have the wagon bearing counter block I built some years ago).

- Nigel

I use a precision balance for counting large numbers of small items. Weigh 10 or 20 of them, and then do the rest by weight. 

Or, if its a regular thing, I'd build a counting-by-volume device (I assume shop keepers still have the wagon bearing counter block I built some years ago).

- Nigel

Yes, I have the volume based measure for top hat bearings; very useful for what is a regular seller.

To be honest, the buffers weren't too much hassle, I put a pinch in a wooden box then flicked them from one side to the other to count them. As they don't roll very far (in little circles actually) it was fairly easy. With a bit of practice, I soon got the hang of it. Of course most members buy substantially less than 400 at a time.  :sungum:

Big batch of etchings in the post from Chris Higgs. Some out of stock items sorted and other items given a bolster on the stock level front. I'll split it into three or four posts. First up GWR stuff.

The 16' Mink Roof Etches 2-233 are now back in stock and the 17'6" version 2-232 can also be taken off the endangered list:

292mhd0.jpg

15yasz9.jpg

Another returnee is the GWR etched axleboxes and springs etch 2-311. This nifty etch folds over on itself five times to make sweating the layers together a doddle:

2iibdc0.jpg

Finally 2-361, the GWR 9' chassis etch featuring DC brake (shocking!) is now available to buy:

jr7728.jpg

Don't forget that if you have ordered any items, that were out of stock, using the Paypal method, then I will be automatically preparing these and sending you a payment request in the next day or so. You won't pay any p&p on these back order items regardless of value.

Ciao! 

• Like 1

Last century, when I ran Shop 1, at Y/E stocktaking time I had to count the whitemetal track chairpins.

Just as Nigel does later, I counted out a small amount and I then popped into my local chemist with the whole bag. After explaining my madness (and what the castings were for) the weighing was kindly done and the maths applied (not forgetting to add back on the counted-out packet) - Who remembers the little brown packets quite often with a description note in Phil Kerr's hand?

By the way. my old departed car was renowned for being a mobile foot bath as it let in so much water through the baulkhead and into the passenger foot-well. A  Ford Puma - obviously!  Probably a Friday afternoon model  when the caulking stock supply had run out. If you look up the problem on-line there are 25 pages of comments and 25 ways to fix it. I cured it by taking it to the dump! 

Edited by autocoupler942

Whitemetal chairpins, eh? There's a blast from the past!

Anyhoo, onto the next batch of deliveries. A couple more axle/spring etches...

These LMS items weren't out of stock, but we have a goodly supply now:

29ooqpg.jpg

These BR roller bearings were out of stock, but are now ready to be snapped up by all you "modern" modellers:

14kjfi8.jpg

Finally, I had a sneaky suspicion that Fruit D was a GWR van. I checked and indeed this completes the GWR roster in the pack. This etch replaces the chassis on the Dapol model bringing 2FS finesse to your rolling stock:

m7vztf.jpg

One more instalment to come!  :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Last in this batch of updates. All back order Paypal requests have been sent, so please check your inboxes and send me some dosh. Then I can send you your bits!  :sungum:

Before I go on, I'd just mention that the last of the Air Ministry Tank kits (riveted version) has gone. I have a decent supply of the welded version. To be honest, I had to get the high power magnifier on to differentiate between the two, just a few bands of microscopic dots around the tank itself. Anyway, on to what we do have! The last tranche in this update is a miscellany of chassis.

First up the RCH 9' wheelbase chassis 2-324. This can also be used for the SNCF mineral body; zut alors!

11vi420.jpg

Also featuring a 9' wheelbase, 2-342 represents a closer to home Midland prototype:

ridkll.jpg

Finally, a couple of fitted chassis, 2-366 being of Southern persuasion and having four brake shoes:

av3byw.jpg

and 2-372 being LNER which has 8 shoe clasp brakes. This underframe complements the Parkwood plastic bodies:

vvno9.jpg

That's all for now. I've just fulfilled an order for 20 lots of top hat bearings (1000 bearings or 250 wagons!). Look out for some very big 2FS layouts coming your way!  :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Last in this batch of updates. All back order Paypal requests have been sent, so please check your inboxes and send me some dosh. Then I can send you your bits!  :sungum:

Before I go on, I'd just mention that the last of the Air Ministry Tank kits (riveted version) has gone. I have a decent supply of the welded version. To be honest, I had to get the high power magnifier on to differentiate between the two, just a few bands of microscopic dots around the tank itself. Anyway, on to what we do have! The last tranche in this update is a miscellany of chassis.

First up the RCH 9' wheelbase chassis 2-324. This can also be used for the SNCF mineral body; zut alors!

11vi420.jpg

Also featuring a 9' wheelbase, 2-342 represents a closer to home Midland prototype:

ridkll.jpg

Finally, a couple of fitted chassis, 2-366 being of Southern persuasion and having four brake shoes:

av3byw.jpg

and 2-372 being LNER which has 8 shoe clasp brakes. This underframe complements the Parkwood plastic bodies:

vvno9.jpg

That's all for now. I've just fulfilled an order for 20 lots of top hat bearings (1000 bearings or 250 wagons!). Look out for some very big 2FS layouts coming your way!  :scratchhead:

2-372 is also good for the Farish LNER vans. It does not mention them as it was produced before they came into existence.

Chris

• Like 1

Those of you teetering on the N Gauge/2FS divide will be pleased to know that the Farish RP25 converion axles are now back in stock:

2n07las.jpg

These can be used to enable N Gauge wheels to be used in our standard etched chassis. Convert away!

Jumpers back in stock I see. :) 

Chris

Hi Tony

Would you be able to tell me the wheelbase in mm for the Fruit D please

As its for the Dapol model, I assume the etch is 1:148 rather than 2mm scale.

I think the vans had a wheelbase of 18' so if N scale I would expect 37mm but if 2mm scale 36mm.

Thanks

John

Hi Tony

Would you be able to tell me the wheelbase in mm for the Fruit D please

As its for the Dapol model, I assume the etch is 1:148 rather than 2mm scale.

I think the vans had a wheelbase of 18' so if N scale I would expect 37mm but if 2mm scale 36mm.

Thanks

John

37.07mm. Is there a particular reason why you ask?

Chris

Thanks for replying Chris. Hi John, please see my initial post; if there's not much happening here, I might not reply to your enquiry for several weeks. Probably best to email me with specific queries - shop2@2mm.org.uk or post in the Any Questions Answered thread.

Cheers

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Having been out of stock for a little while, I'm pleased to say that item 2-347 is now available again:

2lswhd.jpg

Most frequently used when the cylinder was mounted above the chassis, these components are supplied in pairs. Suck em and see!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tony.

Any plans to get 2-517 (LMS Box Van) back in stock again? 

Cheers, 

Tom. 

Hello Tom

This product has been out of stock for some time, indeed back to when I was Sales Officer. It seems that David has had no more success than I at obtaining a supply. This kit is in fact the N Gauge Society kit and from their website seems to be still current and available. Why they won't sell any to us is beyond me...