Love this dirty US loco in this video!

Welly

• RMweb Premium

I found this YouTube video of the one time Maumee & Western Railroad which was famous for it's poorly maintained track.

https://youtu.be/O0EgQBOiB24

Check out the weathering on that loco! And the drone footage (rather close to HV power lines!)

Happily Pioneer is investing in repairs to the track as the Napoleon, Defiance & Western. 

Was over in Defiance a couple of weeks ago to check out the ND&W and then swung past the Defiance yard again last Friday on the way back to Indiana.  Overall, the line is significantly improved from what it was in 2012 under Maumee & Western ownership.  Still certainly not up to mainline standards at all but it's really good to see Pioneer putting some money into the line.

BTW, anyone looking for a nice small yard for your layout, Defiance is a good one.  Just a few tracks but you can get a lot of switching done, especially if you give the yard tracks a little bit of length and an equally long lead to work the yard.

Jason C

10 miles west of the ND&W

Dear Gismo, 

you could'nt model track like that loco's would just fall of straight away

You'd think that, but a quick search both here and on YT shows that it has been done, can be done well, and can run reliably...

File it under "never say never"... ;-)

Happy Modelling,
Aim to Improve,
Prof Klyzlr

Someone called..?? :D

To be honest the YouTube video isn't great; I couldn't film & control the train very well at the same time, added to which, the layout was set up in my shed which isn't much wider than the layout, so I couldn't get the crucial 'head on' view.

My favourite photo of all is this one:-

post-7480-0-78009800-1413925019_zps9m0gu

And one looking in the opposite direction, taken during construction.

IMG_1314_zpsdphxra4h.jpg

The layout is stored up the shed at the moment, while I concentrate on hand-laying track on my loft layout. Mmmmm.... more rickety track!! :yes: ;) (code100 rail with O Scale trains :mosking: )

IMG_2140_zpsf7qpjfmr.jpg

Archived