Hornby announce the ex SECR / SR / BR(s) Wainwright H Class 0-4-4 tank as part of their 2017 range

Graham_Muz

Um as on the website, £28 membership fee, plus £99 for model. Am I missing something. Is there a 'joining fee' beyond the annual subs?

You get a free GWR 101 loco! No details about what fee us abroad will pay (or if even we can join) yet.

Apologies if this has been discussed before although I haven't seen it mentioned. It looks to me from the illustrations that the BR Black early crest version announced for 2018 is a non push pull fitted version is that correct? I don't have my reference books to hand to check the history. I did note that it also has the flat sided bunker to differentiate itself from the initial late crest version

Norm

• RMweb Gold

Apologies if this has been discussed before although I haven't seen it mentioned. It looks to me from the illustrations that the BR Black early crest version announced for 2018 is a non push pull fitted version is that correct? I don't have my reference books to hand to check the history. I did note that it also has the flat sided bunker to differentiate itself from the initial late crest version

Norm

Yes 31265 will correctly be non pull push fitted and have the flat bunker sides, one of 15 originals to do so (ironically as they were fitted with the SECR style pull push gear subsequently removed).

Yes 31265 will correctly be non pull push fitted and have the flat bunker sides, one of 15 originals to do so (ironically as they were fitted with the SECR style pull push gear subsequently removed).

Many thanks Graham. Norm

Ironically, as the SECR pull/push gear, motor train gear or whatever they called it at the time was a low level rod-worked system not unlike the GWR type ( possibly identical under Mr Holcroft's influence ) so the flat bunkers can only have been intended to improve the sight line when running in reverse : arguably more important for a driver when NOT in auto-train mode !!?!

Sorry hadn't been keeping up to date with the Club ....... but I understood it wasn't 'open' yet !!?!

The "new" Club is not open yet. Anyone with existing or very recently expired membership - there membership will continue until the new Collectors Club starts. The SECR H Class will be limited to "one" per customer, and will not be available until July 2018. I spoke to the Club by phone today.

• RMweb Premium

.... has he cancelled the 'olive' green 'H' class too - or is that just delayed as well ? ( supposedly due this month : obviously second half ! )

(enter Diana Ross) I'm  Still Waiting............. :jester:

Keith

Still looking for an SECR H Class? One can be yours for £244.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-00-GAUGE-R3538-SECR-WAINWRIGHT-H-CLASS-NO-308-NEW-BOXED-IN-HAND/273030574455?epid=25011369622&hash=item3f91e3f177:g:bU8AAOSwi8xZ9MHM

Good Grief.

Yes, also impatiently waiting for the Southern version.

Looks like that price includes your twenty quid commission !!?!

The SR version , it's not comming this month, not next month , but according new update on Hornby's site , it is now comming March, this year hopefully :scratchhead: , i want it , i want it, i want it

Sorry , to greedy perhaps, we going to have a little :whistle: again :jester:

• RMweb Premium

The SR version , it's not comming this month, not next month , but according new update on Hornby's site , it is now comming March, this year hopefully :scratchhead: , i want it , i want it, i want it

Let's hope they leave China in the first two weeks of Feb; otherwise forget March.  Chinese New Year will impact from mid-February

Still due January according to Hattons ........... I think that's meant to be THIS year ! * ................................... but I've given up believing ANYTHING since Trump invented fake news !

* Yeah - they DO say January 2018 ........... but there ain't a lot of the month left now !

Edited by Wickham Green

• 2 weeks later...

Still due January according to Hattons ........... I think that's meant to be THIS year ! * ................................... but I've given up believing ANYTHING since Trump invented fake news !

* Yeah - they DO say January 2018 ........... but there ain't a lot of the month left now !

Zzzzzzzz ...... hattons have just woken up and advised that "Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us March 2018" .................................... that's only a suggestion, of course .........................

Zzzzzzzz ...... hattons have just woken up and advised that "Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us March 2018" .................................... that's only a suggestion, of course .........................

It'd be nice if Hornby gave some kind of explanation. The near silence at such late notice doesn't inspire confidence.

• RMweb Gold

Someone's put a jinx on the Maunsell green livery .... what with the 'H' and the 'birdcage' Composite .................

Two different manufacturers. Is green an unlucky colour in China? I believe it may be in certain partisan parts of the UK.