Hornby announce the ex SECR / SR / BR(s) Wainwright H Class 0-4-4 tank as part of their 2017 range

Graham_Muz

My pre order from Hatton's is on his way to me, so others who have placed an order by  them, i believe it will be there soon too.

My pre order price for 90,- pounds has stated, but strangely, it was sold out on pre order for 90,- but they have now more than 10 in stock for 119,99 full price.

So i think they offered a part of their stock for a pre order price of 90,- and when that was gone , they keep their rest for full price stock when it arrived. 

It looks like a new buisness strategy from Hatton's , they who pre order get a nice price for that ammount of pre order stock, who waits after release pays the full price.

Edited by Cor-onGRT4

My pre order from Hatton's is on his way to me, so others who have placed an order by  them, i believe it will be there soon too.

My pre order price for 90,- pounds has stated, but strangely, it was sold out on pre order for 90,- but they have now more than 10 in stock for 119,99 full price.

So i think they offered a part of their stock for a pre order price of 90,- and when that was gone , they keep their rest for full price stock when it arrived.

I did wonder this, because I had missed out on pre ordering for whatever silly reason.

The other theory I was toying with was if maybe due to the massive delays they added more to the production run?

I did wonder this, because I had missed out on pre ordering for whatever silly reason.

The other theory I was toying with was if maybe due to the massive delays they added more to the production run?

The same happend with the SECR version , sold out on pre order, but on the day of release they had also more than 10 in stock for full price , that went soon too for full price in less than three days i believe.

last week they had one for 160,- pre owned, so rising prices for that one too.

When I missed out on Hattons pre order price for the sr version and saw what happened with the price hike for the secr, I preordered with Kernow and mine arrived today. £99 is I think a good price. I haven’t got a problem with hattons policy as it now seems to be their business model for popular or first releases. I have never preordered a standard issue only ever limited editions or exclusives but I didn’t want to miss out.

Right, as it’s snowing here am off to run in my new engine. There are some birdcages that have been waiting for this day and the roster clerk objected to the haulage choices so far.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The same happend with the SECR version , sold out on pre order, but on the day of release they had also more than 10 in stock for full price , that went soon too for full price in less than three days i believe.

last week they had one for 160,- pre owned, so rising prices for that one too.

What can happen is that some people can cancel their orders at the last minute when they see the actual sales price, or because funds simply don't permit at that time.

Then add in those who ordered on a card that has now expired and have not updated their order* with the new card details.

* and it is specifically the order and not just the details you have registered with them - as I found to my cost with the Wainwright C Class.

Taken together this can lead to quite a number of available units when they arrive.

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived from Derails this morning - thanks Little Dan & Co.

Looks a nice little loco, wonder how much room there is for the decoder? No doubt someone will have posted something earlier in the thread.

Keith

Looks a nice little loco, wonder how much room there is for the decoder? No doubt someone will have posted something earlier in the thread.

Keith

Not a lot, the TCS DP2X-UK direct plug in is about the easiest to fit.

• RMweb Gold

Not a lot, the TCS DP2X-UK direct plug in is about the easiest to fit.

I used the DCC Concepts ZN8D, which is also about the easiest to fit.

Except AFAIAC they don't cut the mustard!

I've a box full pulled from other locos.

Keith

I’ve never had a problem with them except in a couple of locos when even the likes of Lenz and Zimo needed a lot of tweaking to get smooth slow speed performance.

If you want to sell a few, PM me.

Should add that me BR H-class runs perfectly with one.

Edited by tender

• RMweb Premium

Could you be more explicit, please Keith? I have reservations about them, would be interested to hear your findings.

Non linear speed/handset setting response

Different speed on setting when going up on a handset to when coming down.

See these traces from TrainController:

(the one on the left is reverse, the one on the right is forward)

post-6208-0-66791200-1521365300.jpg

post-6208-0-48772400-1521365376.jpg

This happens on not just on one but all of the ones I bought.

They aren't the only brand I have found like that

At first I thought they were good value but as I got more in to Train Controller I found they just weren't consistent enough.

Here is one with a Lenz chip fitted instead:

(just the forward)

post-6208-0-06340800-1521365495.jpg

(Ignore the figures at the bottom, 0-28 or 0-1000, they don't affect it)

Keith

Edited by melmerby

I am confused.

I got an e-mail this morning from Hattons stating that Hornby were not producing their "early BR" version of the H-Class.  I went to the Hornby web site and according to it I can order R3631 still, checking with the Hattons website THAT says it will be produced in October.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/337758/Hornby_R3631_SECR_H_Class_0_4_4T_31265_in_BR_black_with_early_emblem/StockDetail.aspx

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stockdetail.aspx?SID=229856

Any definitive news ?

Edited by phil gollin

• RMweb Premium

I am confused.

I got an e-mail this morning from Hattons stating that Hornby were not producing their "early BR" version of the H-Class.  I went to the Hornby web site and according to it I can order R3631 still, checking with the Hattons website THAT says it will be produced in October.

http://www.hattons.co.uk/337758/Hornby_R3631_SECR_H_Class_0_4_4T_31265_in_BR_black_with_early_emblem/StockDetail.aspx

http://www.hattons.co.uk/stockdetail.aspx?SID=229856

Any definitive news ?

Its quite simple.

Hornby are not producing a BR early crest version as part of its delayed 2017 offering.

For 2018 Hornby have announced 1 further H class model - a BR early crest example.

Thus Hattons are indeed correct if you are talking about the original (2017) release.