Minerva GWR Pannier Tank - open for advanced orders

81A Oldoak

• RMweb Gold

Here are some photographs of the first test shots of the large components for the Minerva 0 Gauge RTR 8750 from the moulds. Obviously there is still much to do, but we remain confident about delivery in July 2017.

The discounted offer price for advanced orders of the Minerva GWR 8750 0-6-0PT locomotive  expires on 31st March 2017. Deduct £40 from the normal prices shown below:

• DC   £265 + £9 carriage

• DCC fitted  £320 + £9 carriage

• DCC sound fitted £390 + £9 carriage

The welded and riveted 57XX versions will  become available around October and Christmas of 2017 respectively.  The prices are the same as the 8750 version, but we are pleased to announce that we are extending the deadlines for these discounted advanced order prices to:

• 30th June 2017 for the welded tank version

• 30th September 2017 for the riveted tank version

In each case, this is approximately 3 months before production quantities are received.

Order forms can be downloaded from the Minerva Model Railways website at https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/how-to-order/

or you can telephone your order to 02920 531246 or 07775 782086

The numberplates and shedcode plates will be available from Narrow Planet for an exclusive 50% discount to  Minerva customers. Details will be contained in the box.

Chris,

I noticed that the metal footplate casting on the above photos didn't seem to feature the holes for the handrail knobs for the little handrail on the footplate above the leading steps. Presumably this will follow in due course, please?

Chris,

I noticed that the metal footplate casting on the above photos didn't seem to feature the holes for the handrail knobs for the little handrail on the footplate above the leading steps. Presumably this will follow in due course, please?

If you look carefully on the short video clip you can see the small handrail moulded in black plastic above the leading footsteps.

• 2 weeks later...

The working first engineering prototype (EP1) of the forthcoming minerva RTR 0 gauge GWR 8750 0-6-0 pannier tank locomotive has arrived. Because this is an EP1 some features will change as we refine the design. The balancing pipe between the tanks is missing as we are revising the way it will be fitted to the model. One of the photos shows the low relief dummy inside motion. The locomotive runs comfortably around PECO Setrack curves. The numberplates are by Narrow Planet and each loco will include a voucher giving a 50% discount off the Narrow Planet price for the relevant GWR and BR plates.

The retail price is £265 for DC, £320 DCC fitted and £390 DCC sound fitted. All prices include UK VAT and the loco is only available directly from Minerva Model Railways by mail order or from our stand at selected model railway shows. For more details go to our  website www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk or call 07775 782086 or 02920 531246. The EP1 will on show at the NEWGOG show in Newport, Gwent on Saturday 22nd April 2017.

post-13142-0-27372800-1492621737_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-92650200-1492621739_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-54071300-1492621742_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-07384300-1492621745_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-09060400-1492621786_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-88149900-1492621798_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-23979200-1492621810_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-82180000-1492621826_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-58203600-1492621838_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-01983100-1492621841_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-73368700-1492621844_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Superb Chris and Chris.

Just one question, where is the speaker designed to live?

Is it going to be a Bunker Dweller?

Regards

Jinty ;)

Like the Victory 0-6-0T, the speaker will sit in the smokebox under the bored out chimney.

Regards,

Chris

Looks really great, Chris. Me, too, am glad having preordered a rivetted one. One question: on the right cab side it looks like the ATC bell. If this is so, wiil the model have an ATC pick up shoe under the back buffer beam ?

Thanks and Regards

Bernd

Edited by Franzburg

Looks really great, Chris. Me, too, am glad having preordered a rivetted one. One question: on the right cab side it looks like the ATC bell. If this is so, wiil the model have an ATC shoe under the back buffer beam ?

Thanks and Regards

Bernd

The ATC box will be supplied as a loose accessory for the customer to fit.

• RMweb Gold

Temptation get thee out.

Mr K you area very wicked person posting these pictures, terrible wicked.  Just think of the state Coachmann is now in having just moved back from 0 gauge to 00 and of me with all my 00 stuff.  Crimes against railway modellers that's what I call it offering us the r-t-r model of the decade like that.

Temptation get thee out.

Mr K you area very wicked person posting these pictures, terrible wicked.  Just think of the state Coachmann is now in having just moved back from 0 gauge to 00 and of me with all my 00 stuff.  Crimes against railway modellers that's what I call it offering us the r-t-r model of the decade like that.

I can only agree haha. Seriously though, when I turn there is no going back. 

The working first engineering prototype (EP1) of the forthcoming minerva RTR 0 gauge GWR 8750 0-6-0 pannier tank locomotive has arrived. Because this is an EP1 some features will change as we refine the design. The balancing pipe between the tanks is missing as we are revising the way it will be fitted to the model. One of the photos shows the low relief dummy inside motion. The locomotive runs comfortably around PECO Setrack curves. The numberplates are by Narrow Planet and each loco will include a voucher giving a 50% discount off the Narrow Planet price for the relevant GWR and BR plates.

The retail price is £265 for DC, £320 DCC fitted and £390 DCC sound fitted. All prices include UK VAT and the loco is only available directly from Minerva Model Railways by mail order or from our stand at selected model railway shows. For more details go to our  website www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk or call 07775 782086 or 02920 531246. The EP1 will on show at the NEWGOG show in Newport, Gwent on Saturday 22nd April 2017.

I can only agree haha. Seriously though, when I turn there is no going back. 

Hi Chris,

Good steady progress boys, just an observation, the dummy inside valve appears to be the wrong way around, trust this is an assembly error.

Johng

I bet that the release of this locomotive has people looking over drawings to consider possible conversions.

Saw the EP's on Saturday at NEWGOG, nice work, received well, nice detailed cab backhead,best to date. Some finer detail points on tank tops need minor attention, rivet detail on smokebox and washout plug doors, top feed pipes require flange joint near cab front and a casing on tank sides, concur with other observation posted.

johng