Lancashire and Yorkshire 0-6-2 tank

Good morning all

I have recently bought a Cotswold L&Y 0-6-2T kit, but sadly instructions were not included.

The kit was later produced by Nucast as NC215.

I would appreciate it, if someone could copy the instructions for me.

It is an unusual kit as the 0-6-2Ts were all withdrawn by 1932.

Research shows that the loco was designed by Barton-Wright and originally worked passenger services west of the Pennines, before migrating east in later life.

I have pics in Barry Lane's book of L&Y locomotives and the Illustrated History of LMS Locomotives to help me building the kit, but there are a few pieces that I cannot fathom where they fit.

Earlswood nob

This looks interesting.  I have the Cotswold 2-4-2T kit.  I got a EM chassis from Mousa (Bill Bedford).  Then Bachmann came out with theirs - curses!  I'll follow this with great interest - you may even inspire me to do mine.

John

Good morning all

Thanks for the replies and info.

John (Brossard), I also have the Cotswold 2-4-2T to build. I thought about the Bachmann RTR 2-4-2T, but it has a short bunker and I wanted the long bunker variant.

I will build the 2-4-2T before the 0-6-2T, but first I have the L&Y 7F 0-8-0 to complete.

Earlswood nob

I got the Bachmann 2-4-2T model from a friend, in a swap, and I have to say it really looks great. Pretty sure I couldn't do one that is as good - then again, maybe this kit building business is more about challenging oneself to do better.

John

Archived