PLD

Hull Model Railway Show 2016

The 2016 show will be on Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th November 2016

*** Remembrance Weekend as usual ***

Opening times are Saturday: 10am to 5pm; Sunday: 10am to 4:30pm

At the Costello (Athletics) Stadium, Anlaby Park Road North, HULL, HU4 6XY

Admission: Adult: £5.00, Junior (5-15 years old) £1 [under 5 free]

post-491-0-79490300-1475442356_thumb.png

Featuring around 18 layouts in scales from 'N' to - 'G' plus the usual varied selection of trade stands and demonstrators.

Full Details are available from the Society Website.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A layout has had to withdraw from the Show.  We are in touch with a replacement and will post details on the website once confirmed. Sorry about this but one of those things that happen.  http://www.hullmrs.org/hullshow

Peter

Just read the Hull MRS website layout details.  Please note that 'Woodsville' is not all mine!  My 2 colleagues (Bob Smith and Geoff Tiffany) actually did considerably more work than me so they deserve credit as well!

Just read the Hull MRS website layout details.  Please note that 'Woodsville' is not all mine!  My 2 colleagues (Bob Smith and Geoff Tiffany) actually did considerably more work than me so they deserve credit as well!

Sorry to Bob and Geoff, but I only put in the information that I was given, some time ago.  The Show Guide does give credit to all three of you.  I will update later this evening or tomorrow morning.

Peter

Website has been updated with the replacement layout, see post 7 for link.

Peter

• RMweb Premium

I am pleased to report that Church Warsop has survived a long period in storage with only two broken solder joints, both easily found and fixed, along with a slight case of scenery being eaten by something!

After setting up and testing today, all is ready to go.

The biggest problem was finding all the bits, some of which are shared with other layouts, which have been in use more recently. After a frustrating time yesterday, everything came together today, so Ken and I are all set and ready for action.

I wonder how many other layouts there are where every single loco, carriage and wagon is either kit built or scratchbuilt, with no RTR to be seen at all? Hopefully it makes for something a bit different. 

I am pleased to report that Church Warsop has survived a long period in storage with only two broken solder joints, both easily found and fixed, along with a slight case of scenery being eaten by something!

After setting up and testing today, all is ready to go.

The biggest problem was finding all the bits, some of which are shared with other layouts, which have been in use more recently. After a frustrating time yesterday, everything came together today, so Ken and I are all set and ready for action.

I wonder how many other layouts there are where every single loco, carriage and wagon is either kit built or scratchbuilt, with no RTR to be seen at all? Hopefully it makes for something a bit different. 

That scenery must be pretty tasty....

Well we had an excellent weekend at the Hull Show, many thanks to Ken & Co. for their hospitality and to Rob, Dave & Malcolm for their help with operating.
Pleased to say the layout performed extremely well, just needs more stock!
Also pleased to see Pete Johnson's Canada Street layout and get the chance to speak to him. Superb layout, just wish the organisers hadn't put it next to my feeble effort!
A few pictures below (apologies for the poor quality, no lighting rig as yet and the lighting in the hall was rather poor - didn't help when trying to couple/uncouple the stock either!)

post-432-0-53345700-1479067647.jpg

post-432-0-08694300-1479067664.jpg

post-432-0-77291500-1479067680.jpg

post-432-0-48346100-1479067695.jpg

Archived