Revolution Delivers UK's First Ever Crowd-funded RTR models

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Feelings of jealousy absolutely blown away by delivery of the first half of my first order yesterday (2 parcels noted on packing slip).

There will also be another with my second order - my! what a lot of tanks! Plenty more motivation to get the layout completed to put under them.

Regards, Gerry.

• RMweb Premium

got mine yesterday great wagon they are

some of mine have a rattle i think the weight is loose but i don't think it will be a problem

fitting DG couplings to the outer ends of my rake looks like a challenge

john

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks

If you get one that rattles it almost certainly means that the internal barrel weight has come loose in the post.

It is important to note that a loose barrel weight should not affect running, but if you want to secure it then the following should sort things:

- remove one of the barrel ends (preferably the non-ladder end) - it should just ease off though you may find a thin blade useful to get things started
- put the weight back into the retaining clip
- if it is really loose then a drop of superglue or epoxy should do the trick
- replace the barrel end.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I didn't take any pictures, as there's a shameful amount of detritus on my baseboard shattering any sort of illusion that it's a reasonable layout! I did take a blurry iPhone video though!

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nick,

Wow, thanks for posting. I haven't myself seen a proper "long train" of the Greenergy tanks yet, even though Mike and I have spent hours packing and posting them out over the last two weekends. I am very happy with how they look.

A note on the weights - I had a look at some of the samples we received and the weights are lengths of steel rod held in place by a plastic loop in the centre of the barrel. I suspect that if the wagons get cold (maybe they did in transit) perhaps the rods contracted and therefore slipped loose. But it is worth pointing out that they can only slide back and forth a couple of centimetres, and cannot actually "roll" about. This doesn't have any impact on the running, but can be fixed as Mike has outlined above.

There are still some wagons to be sent out, and with the exception of some very large orders we are sending them all out in the order the orders were received, if that makes sense.

We certainly expect to get all the models dispatched by the end of October, including those to traders.

Cheers

Ben A.

Here's all 10 of mine with a pair of TDAs done from the 3D print available on Shapeways. I've not added any weight to the 3D prints yet and I was pleasantly suprised how well they held the track inbetween the heavy TEAs! The 0117 (Bristol) phone number on the Hazchem board is a nice touch for those modelling the Murco trains. Much better traction than Ben and Mike had running at TINGS, too :P

post-6899-0-63072500-1476211878_thumb.jpg

post-6899-0-49379500-1476211880_thumb.jpg

post-6899-0-45773700-1476211879_thumb.jpg

Please excuse the dining table, it was the only space available for setting up the test oval today.

Here's 6B33 Theale - Margam seen on 9th May 2015.

post-6899-0-42919100-1476211881_thumb.jpg

Visible in the mix are the red and grey VTG tanks done by Revolution along with several TDAs like the 3D print. Most of the other types are potentially convertible from older Farish models

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Waiting next door for me to collect was this lot
post-1557-0-48870900-1476294885_thumb.jpg

So four of them immediately unboxed. Only another 17 to go

Superb is an understatement. Excellent close coupling.
post-1557-0-67918200-1476294987_thumb.jpg

I can see me being busy weathering them this Sunday

Thanks Ben and Mike plus anyone else involved with these.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

It's great to see people now receiving their models and every package delivered proves that if we work together as modellers we can make things happen.

Thanks too for all the kind words. As everyone will know, Rapido, VTG (and Mike and I!) worked really hard to get as much detail in as possible while ensuring at the same time that the models would work and not be crazy-expensive.

Now we are looking forward to completing and delivering the Pendolino and showing off progress on the 321 and KFA flats at Warley. Plus the OO tankers and, further down the line, the Class B tankers and the containers. And there's something else too... Oh yes, the 92!

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Weathering and coupling changing has commenced. Using the short fixed Dapol knuckle coupler on a few to test on Banbury. If they work fine then the rest will be converted.

I have also replaced one axle with a fox Valley resistance fitted wheel set to work future block detection. The plan is to do about a third of the rake with these.

The non ladder tank end does come off with a bit of careful easing with a knife blade. I then cleaned off the paint so that it's a slightly easier butvtighter fit. This will allow fitting of a battery operated tail light in he next few days.

Despite all the handling including removing wheeelsets all the detail is still in place as they do feel much more robust than other makes of finely detailed wagons. Bogies are screwed in place rather than clipped in.

post-1557-0-67449600-1476336440_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I have a feeling I've missed out here . . . . . 

So another production run of these TEAs unlikely?

As Matt said try C&M or Colletts, though I don't know what they have left.

In terms of a second run - we will have to see.  It wouldn't be for some time and we would have to be convinced that there was sufficient demand to produce another run.  Plus of course we've got a few other projects to work on (320/321, KFA, 35t tank, 92 and a couple of other things...).

Cheers, Mike

Following a cancellation, we have the following available. Please note that we hope to receive our stocks through in the next 7-10 days.

EWS Grey (Triple)                    x1        NOW SOLD

EWS Grey (Single)                   x1        NOW SOLD

Freightliner Green (Single)       x9        NOW SOLD

VTG Red (Triple)                      x12

Link to our online shop is:

http://www.ekmpowershop7.com/ekmps/shops/cmmodels/tea-bogie-tank-wagons-340-c.asp 

Mike, C&M Models

Edited by 87029
  • Like 1