Dapol Announce New OO Gauge Functioning Water Tower

MGR Hooper!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Spam Can Man said:

...I cannot understand why they moulded the base in white plastic; an earth brown earthy colour would be more appropriate!

White being a more universal colour? Easiest base colour to start with and you can go either way with dirt, grass and concrete....

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Spam Can Man said:

Hopefully' when Dapol sort out the electrical fault, they will do a Southern one. I cannot understand why they moulded the base in white plastic; an earth brown earthy colour would be more appropriate!

Maybe if there are still some of the dodgy electrical components in the parts bin, a rerun of the GW version for the shop at the National Space Centre? The water tank looks a bit like an early space capsule anyway, and the orbital capability when run on 16v might appeal.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Spam Can Man said:

Hopefully' when Dapol sort out the electrical fault, they will do a Southern one. I cannot understand why they moulded the base in white plastic; an earth brown earthy colour would be more appropriate!

Possible a preserved one has the base painted white for some H & S reason and they’ve copied this?  Mine has been repainted to match the platform , which I have now set it into,, and a bit of grass and general flock mess spread around the back edge.  It is still working perfectly, perhaps because it isn’t the motorised version...

Thankfully I just avoided buying one when news of their explosive qualities came to light. However, this and other examples of poor design/quality control have made me very wary of buying Dapol products. I have Dapol signals that have never worked properly and Dapol wagons where the hooks on the tension lock couplings simply fall off. I like the look of their forthcoming 43xx Mogul and 78xx Manor, but there is no way I'd risk pre-ordering either. 

Yes I have had numerous problems with the Dapol signals. I found that after a few uses the completely cease to work (these are the Southern Railway rail built ones). It's a real shame. I have contacted Dapol regarding replacement circuit boards as my signals are bedded down into the baseboards but they say they will not supply new boards as it's not cost effective! I will just rewire the LEDs separately and operate the semaphore with a servo.:nea:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...