• RMweb Gold

I can confirm that I also saw it in a branch of WH Smith yesterday. I was most pleasantly surprised. It was there amongst a load of other magazines, also aimed at model railway enthusiasts. I thought that whole 'collecting of all the magazines under the same subject matter' thing was fantastic, and someone deserves an award for coming up with such a good idea.

So where did I see this marvel of presentational skills?

On the top shelf, of course.

By the way, Rob, I've discovered that there is a place in Blighty that has an annual sausage festival, where you get a load of chitties and go from outlet to outlet, sampling sausages until you can't take any more.

The same town does the same thing with beer, and at the same time.

All that's missing is the opportunity to sample MRJ presentational skills at a variety of newsagents in the same town, how superb that would be.

Beer, b**locks and sausage...........does it get any better!!!!.????

• RMweb Gold

Agreed, this and the accompanying GWRJ threads serve as a useful heads up. Thus I can drool over the latest pretty pics & later on, drag out my crayons & colour them in...

The sign of a true artiste. Not only do you have crayons and not eat them like the rest of us but you actually colour something in.......sheer bloody genius.

Rob.

By the way, Rob, I've discovered that there is a place in Blighty that has an annual sausage festival, where you get a load of chitties and go from outlet to outlet, sampling sausages until you can't take any more.

The same town does the same thing with beer, and at the same time.

Round by us not only do they have a sausage festival at the same time as the beer festival but they hold it in the same location.

https://whittinghamclub.com/index.php/beerfest

Round by us not only do they have a sausage festival at the same time as the beer festival but they hold it in the same location.

https://whittinghamclub.com/index.php/beerfest

Up here in the North East we do find sausages amusing but prefer to go the whole hog and simply have a Proper Food Festival. Vegetarians were also catered for.

http://northumberlandsausagecompany.co.uk/events/proper-food-festival-south-shields/

I'm guessing that after last time there will be no point in discussing the contents when it comes out.  No-one took a blind bit of notice when I tried.

Chris

After 11 pages of informative* comment, I fear that you were probably correct.  Anyhow, another thread has apparently been opened to cater for such discourse so it will be possible to judge the effectiveness of such a bilateral approach for issue 251.

In conclusion, I'd like to report that this Sunday, my local whsmith had three copies of 250 on the bottom shelf....

* Admittedly, the topics of information DO vary wildly.....

Not really because that was posted in the inane b**locks thread and not the serious content discussion thread.

I haven't seen a topic entitled Inane B*ll*cks on RM web. Could you give me directions please?

I do note your promotion of sausages in the MRJ 250 thread above. I suspect the pot in which those sausages were cooked was as black as any nearby kettles.

I also note there is has been a brave attempt at a thread called "MRJ 250 Incredibly Serious Discussion Of Contents Only thread" but it seems that in that thread, MRJ 250  hardly gets a mention. It's the contents of other issues, editorial choices, why I keep/dispose of back issues and whether MRJ has changed down the years that seems to be taking up more bandwidth.

IMHO that's how it should be. Depending on context, if a thread sticks strictly to topic it would soon become boring and would see readers/contributors  (to the thread) jumping ship never to return.

Keeping to a strict agenda makes things very tedious. I guess that's why this MRJ 250 thread got so many contributions?

P

Why, what's happening then?

Its nearly two weeks after Bonfire Night, so you should be sorting out your Christmas decorations by then.....

Also, we'll probably have another week to go before the first copy of MRJ 251 is spotted in Ealing!

Think thats enough "Inane B*ll*cks" for Adrian, or should I try harder?  :jester:

(Oh come on Andy Y - I thought you'd have shut this load of Inane B*ll*cks down by now!)

Archived