Versaline Turnout Chairs

PeteDavey

I have been looking into building some turnouts using the Versaline chair system. In particular a B6 turnout. I have noticed the only chairs available are an A6 or a B7. Am I correct in thinking that I can use the chairs from the A6 etch for the crossing using the assossiation jig and then use the extra chairs required for the additional sleepers for a B6 turnout from the B7 etch lined up by eye? Or will all need to be aligned by eye?

Pete

I have been looking into building some turnouts using the Versaline chair system. In particular a B6 turnout. I have noticed the only chairs available are an A6 or a B7. Am I correct in thinking that I can use the chairs from the A6 etch for the crossing using the assossiation jig and then use the extra chairs required for the additional sleepers for a B6 turnout from the B7 etch lined up by eye? Or will all need to be aligned by eye?

Hi Pete.  Geoff Jones is your man to answer that question as he designed the system.  I don't know if he looks on here at all, but I will email him for you and point him to your post.

Jim

Hi Pete.  Geoff Jones is your man to answer that question as he designed the system.  I don't know if he looks on here at all, but I will email him for you and point him to your post.

Jim

Thank you Jim, that is much appreciated. If I can't find an easy work around I may looking into getting something suitable etched, I like how the versaline system works with the jig and including some turnouts for a friend I have 40 B6 Turnouts to build over the coming months so repeatability is key.

Pete

Hi Pete

Yes you can do as you suggest. However, you will need to adust some of the angles as the B7 etch is designed for a rather larger radius curve than the B6. Initially it would probably be best to treat the whole turmout as a B6. I think the plain B7 chairs are actually the same as B6s.

Regards

Geoff

Hi Pete

Yes you can do as you suggest. However, you will need to adust some of the angles as the B7 etch is designed for a rather larger radius curve than the B6. Initially it would probably be best to treat the whole turmout as a B6. I think the plain B7 chairs are actually the same as B6s.

Regards

Geoff

Thank you Geoff, I shall order some chairs and see what works.

Archived