Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

Great to see you've started a WB thread for all your projects .

Your workbench sounds full lol ,good work on the 08 did you manage any pics of the dodgy paintwork before your rescue job,or was it that bad you just wanted to get paint off lol

it'll be a lovely model once your through with it I'll look forward to the finished loco and hearing the biffo sounds

Are you using one of your big speakers like in your 25?

Brian

Oooo, Errrr, wherever did that 08 & OAA spring up from Jinty...!!.

Perhaps some covert plan`s are a foot?.

Will be following this WB tread with interest,and hopfully nick, learn some new technique`s along the way!.

Cheers,

Brian.

Great to see you've started a WB thread for all your projects .

Your workbench sounds full lol ,good work on the 08 did you manage any pics of the dodgy paintwork before your rescue job,or was it that bad you just wanted to get paint off lol

it'll be a lovely model once your through with it I'll look forward to the finished loco and hearing the biffo sounds

Are you using one of your big speakers like in your 25?

Brian

Hi Brian,

I have got a picture which I took on my phone, with an open tin of Phoenix BR Blue for colour comparison, although the blue on the loco looks lighter in the photo that it actually was.

post-14906-0-83227500-1475705005_thumb.jpg

I'll be fitting it with LED directional lighting. I've already drilled the lamp units out with a 1.75mm drill ready for the fibre optic to fit in after being attached to the SMD LED's.

Tove,

Well I've got to compete with all this Blue and RF I keep seeing on here!!!!! ;)

Jinty ;)

• Like 9

Nice bit of textured painting lol you can tell difference between the sides and the smoother cab roof

ha if you can't beat them join them lol

Brian

what procedure was the 08 painted with before stripping ? was it blown on through a drinking straw ?

A blindfolded Lithuanian knife thrower  on a treadmill, holding a finished glass of vodka in his left hand and balancing a pineapple on his head.

Jinty ;)

Morning Jints .... what procedure was the 08 painted with before stripping ? was it blown on through a drinking straw ?

Look forward to seeing this delevop.

Craig

A blindfolded Lithuanian knife thrower  on a treadmill, holding a finished glass of vodka in his left hand and balancing a pineapple on his head.

Jinty ;)

Hi Craig,

The 08 is mine and is the result of the 'Numpty' from Scarborough. Fortunately David has come to the rescue and his statement pretty much sums up the finish on it.

I'll probably get it back from David before Dapol gets their 08's out so I won't feel guilty spending all this money on it when I could get the Dapol one for much cheaper.

Regards

Chris

Hi Craig,

The 08 is mine and is the result of the 'Numpty' from Scarborough. Fortunately David has come to the rescue and his statement pretty much sums up the finish on it.

I'll probably get it back from David before Dapol gets their 08's out so I won't feel guilty spending all this money on it when I could get the Dapol one for much cheaper.

Regards

Chris

I thought so Chris ...... was also your stuff recovered ?

When Jints has finished you won't be disappointed

Craig

Edited by muddys-blues

Hi Craig

I did get everything back. Though the two 03's required a lot of fettling to get them running properly. Plus the 60 wasn't finished nor the two 20's.

I know David will do a good job going off what I've seen in his posts.

Regards

Chris

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Brian,

Well I've got to compete with all this Blue and RF I keep seeing on here!!!!! ;)

Jinty ;)

Well Done Jinty

A bit of competing will be good :)

08 is coming on nicely!

Rich

I've made a start on the OAA wagon.

A couple of washes and some detail weathering started, I need to replicate the spills inside as they show outside.

This is more of an experiment to see how the Heljan paintwork reacts to certain types of weathering mediums.

A long way to go yet, and the Heljan paintwork is accepting different mediums very well.

post-14906-0-98140100-1476212904_thumb.jpg

I should have some more of the 08 to show tomorrow, the body getting very near the painting stage.

Jinty ;)

• Like 11

Just a little update this evening, to show the 08 body just about ready for paint.

I've fitted the front box covers, replaced the grilles all round correctly as they were just glued on top of the original grilles, added the overhead hazard warning plates, added the window surrounds on the rear and side windows and re-soldered the door on one side in an open position.

All washed and cleaned up and awaiting primer.

post-14906-0-46745000-1476293624_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-34537600-1476293628_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-55544800-1476293631_thumb.jpg

Next it's onto one of what I believe to be the hardest part, the floor and subframe including the buffer beams and replacement tanks and mounting units.

Also 08886 did not have the filleted valance at the cab end, so that will need cutting away, and I'll get cracking on that over the next couple of days now.

Right off to prime that body.

Jinty ;)

• Like 9

The 08 is now nice and dry in white primer and a quick look over the shell shows that there isn't much in the way of imperfections, so I'll be attacking this with colour at the beginning of next week. I say this as I'm waiting for my yellow and blue to be mixed up in cellulose from swatches I've painted myself.

I've used the Phoenix BR Blue as a base but mixed a small amount of BR Faded Blue into it to lighten it off a touch, and then got my local autopaint experts to mix it up accurately in Celly form as I prefer that as a medium to work with. Not the cheapest at £20 a half litre, but if you add the equivalent cost of either Phoenix or Railmatch to that 500ml ammount, I think you'll see how cheap it is in reality.

Here's the 08 in Primer, awaiting a little gentle rub down in a few areas...........................

post-14906-0-24318700-1476384339_thumb.jpg

And a big thanks to Steve at Railtec Transfers for his new line of custom transfers to any number 08 with any depot code.

The order code is C0804 and you will be asked what depot code and number you want.

No connection just a repeat satisfied customer on numerous occasions.

Here is the sheet...........

post-14906-0-91926800-1476384342_thumb.jpg

More over the weekend I hope, including the continuation of the weathering.

Jinty ;)

• Like 12

The 08 is now nice and dry in white primer and a quick look over the shell shows that there isn't much in the way of imperfections, so I'll be attacking this with colour at the beginning of next week. I say this as I'm waiting for my yellow and blue to be mixed up in cellulose from swatches I've painted myself.

I've used the Phoenix BR Blue as a base but mixed a small amount of BR Faded Blue into it to lighten it off a touch, and then got my local autopaint experts to mix it up accurately in Celly form as I prefer that as a medium to work with. Not the cheapest at £20 a half litre, but if you add the equivalent cost of either Phoenix or Railmatch to that 500ml ammount, I think you'll see how cheap it is in reality.

Here's the 08 in Primer, awaiting a little gentle rub down in a few areas...........................

attachicon.gifWB11.jpg

And a big thanks to Steve at Railtec Transfers for his new line of custom transfers to any number 08 with any depot code.

The order code is C0804 and you will be asked what depot code and number you want.

No connection just a repeat satisfied customer on numerous occasions.

Here is the sheet...........

attachicon.gifWB12.jpg

More over the weekend I hope, including the continuation of the weathering.

Jinty ;)

The details are very crisp. I am always rather relieved when I spray the priming coat onto a model as it pulls the messy appearance together. What it your plan for the wasp stripes?

Regards,

Chris

The details are very crisp. I am always rather relieved when I spray the priming coat onto a model as it pulls the messy appearance together. What it your plan for the wasp stripes?

Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Well the wasp stripes are going to be masked on the rear and on the front sides, but around the radiator grille unit they will be hand painted as getting behind the pipework with masking tape would be difficult. Alternatively I could remove the pipework, but that seems like more work to be honest.

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

Hi Chris,

Well the wasp stripes are going to be masked on the rear and on the front sides, but around the radiator grille unit they will be hand painted as getting behind the pipework with masking tape would be difficult. Alternatively I could remove the pipework, but that seems like more work to be honest.

Jinty ;)

Bon chance.