Jinty's WB for 7mm

Jintyman

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Jintyman said:

A few class 37/4's have traveled over the WB this last few weeks.

You've seen 412 above, and you've seen 413 above.

413 unfortunately was wrong. The nose grilles should of been the darker grey, so I've now corrected that as shown below:

Next up is 37426 "Vale of Rheidol" in BR Large Logo Blue livery.

Next is 37403 "Ben Cruachan" in BR Heritage Green Livery.

And finally, the best livery of all, 37421 "The Kingsman" in Regional Railways Livery.

That's all for now

Jinty ;)

Blummin amazing weathering and modelling skills Dave.

Awe is an appropriate word.  

Cheers 

Ade

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, brossard said:

I read this thread with my mouth open and in awe.  I can only hope to to start to approach your standards.

I do have a question related to sound.  I installed a Loksound V4 decoder into my Tower Brass J39 and I'm puzzled by the start characteristics.  For the first few second it staggers and makes a loud noise after which it all quietens down.  My suspicion is that start BEMF is the issue and I'm wondering if there are adjustments that can be made (I did have a brief play with the associated CVs but nothing changed that I could see).  I have to admit that the loco is barely run in so I'm hoping that once that happens things will get better.

Funny thing is that all my other locos have Zimo sound and work marvellously.  I had to go to Loksound because Digitrains won't ship to N. America.

John

Hi John,

Thank you for your kind words.

As for the ESU problem I'm not going to be much help as I switched to all Zimo a long time ago.

I do believe though that the ESU decoders from the V4 onwards have an 'Autotune' feature which may help the running characteristics for your J39.

Google ESU Autotune, or put it into the search box on here and see if anything comes up. I know I've read about it on here somewhere.

Regards

Jinty ;)

On 20/11/2019 at 05:47, Jintyman said:

Hi John,

Thank you for your kind words.

As for the ESU problem I'm not going to be much help as I switched to all Zimo a long time ago.

I do believe though that the ESU decoders from the V4 onwards have an 'Autotune' feature which may help the running characteristics for your J39.

Google ESU Autotune, or put it into the search box on here and see if anything comes up. I know I've read about it on here somewhere.

Regards

Jinty ;)

Just want to thank you again for the Autotune tip.  I just got my test track set up and tried it.  WOW!  Now my loco runs perfectly, so happy.

Amaizngly simple, set CV54 = 0, go back to Ops mode and press F1.  The loco shoots off for about 4 ft (make sure you have enough track) and stops.  Run the loco, mine behaved in a very civilized way compared to the juddering before.  I set CV53= 120, as recommended.  Now my performance is great.

For others who might want to see if their Loksound V4 decoder perf can be improved, I used this:

http://www.sbs4dcc.com/tutorialstipstricks/esuloksoundmotorautotune.html

John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jintyman

Being the Jinty - man I am assuming you are knowledgeable on the said 3F’s and might be able to recommend a good sound file for my o- gauge jinty?

Your observations and experience would be appreciated and apologies if I’ve missed it in the previous 41pages of posts!

Kind Regards DM

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Art Dent said:

Hi Jinty,

I'm longing to see what my locos are looking like.

Any chance of 'in progress' pictures?

Art

Patience patience but one things for sure it will be well worth the wait ......prepare to be amazed :fan:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dmeaden said:

Hi Jintyman

Being the Jinty - man I am assuming you are knowledgeable on the said 3F’s and might be able to recommend a good sound file for my o- gauge jinty?

Your observations and experience would be appreciated and apologies if I’ve missed it in the previous 41pages of posts!

Kind Regards DM

Without a doubt it would the the Paul Chetter protodrive sound project through Digitrains and would need to be loaded onto a Zimo MX644D sound decoder. Jeremy at Digitrains does some excellent 3D printed speakers and a very good stay alive too!!! 

Jinty

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2018 at 16:11, Jintyman said:

A busy afternoon in the garage, getting a few little jobs out of the way.

One of the jobs is a Dapol 08 that had a fried Zimo decoder!!!

She has been tested both on DC and standard DCC and there is no fault with the loco.

A replacement was organised and I've shoehorned one of my cube speakers in behind the grille ready for it.

The customer wanted the 08 weathering so I've fitted more chunky vac pipes instead of those anaemic Dapol ones. Correct ends were added and then wipers were also added, as supplied by Giles of this parish.

A few passes with some washes and various dirts, and here she is, awaiting her decoder and a good testing, before going off to her owner.

post-14906-0-06799100-1541952414_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-57342600-1541952423_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-37673900-1541952434_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-34743400-1541952445_thumb.jpg

A few more bits are underway, and I'll update over the next few days.

Jinty ;)

Hi Jinty , New here and was wondering where you sourced the wipers and beefier pipes from ? Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi David, some more cracking stock.

37425 is my favorite. I am doing 37423 but having trouble finding nameplates. Also do you varnish the body before adding the transfers? I ask because the Heljan finish does have a gloss finish. 

Cheers Peter.

8 hours ago, P.C.M said:

Hi David, some more cracking stock.

37425 is my favorite. I am doing 37423 but having trouble finding nameplates. Also do you varnish the body before adding the transfers? I ask because the Heljan finish does have a gloss finish. 

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the kind comments.

I fit the transfers straight to the Heljan factory finish body. I then brush Johnsons Floor wax (The new Klear) over the top and after a couple of coats the transfer is protected.

Then on with the weathering after it's dried for a day or two.

Regards

David ;)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jintyman said:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the kind comments.

I fit the transfers straight to the Heljan factory finish body. I then brush Johnsons Floor wax (The new Klear) over the top and after a couple of coats the transfer is protected.

Then on with the weathering after it's dried for a day or two.

Regards

David ;)

Thanks david, not sure we get klear here but i have varnish.

Cheers Peter.