Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

Ben,

It's good to know the 92 is coming along well. Although that brings with it a question of payments. For those of us wishing to pay in instalments, when will the next payment become due? And, so I can budget accordingly, how much will it be?

Regards,

David

• RMweb Gold

Ben,

It's good to know the 92 is coming along well. Although that brings with it a question of payments. For those of us wishing to pay in instalments, when will the next payment become due? And, so I can budget accordingly, how much will it be?

Regards,

David

David

The information should be on our website (somewhere!) - the split was roughly 20:40:40 in percentage terms.  The second installment we will start billing for relatively soon as we have to cover tooling costs.

Best wishes, Mike

The second installment we will start billing for relatively soon as we have to cover tooling costs.

Best wishes, Mike

This is about the only thing that I'm not looking forward to from RT - This and the third one of course!

Cheers, Andy.

Edited by theplasticbrummy

David

The information should be on our website (somewhere!) - the split was roughly 20:40:40 in percentage terms.  The second installment we will start billing for relatively soon as we have to cover tooling costs.

Best wishes, Mike

Thanks Mike, I thought the next payment could be close given how rapid the progress has been with its gestation so far!

David

• RMweb Gold

As Mike noted, some of you will start to receive the invoices for the second installments (so we can pay for tooling which is well under way) - if you paid a deposit then you will eventually receive a bill for the second installment though not everyone will get the invoice at the same time!

We are hoping to have some of the first shots out of the tooling soon!

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ben and Mike,

I haven't received my balance invoice yet. Are they still being sent out?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi

The invoice to be paid should be in your account on the revolution trains website.

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben and Mike,

I haven't received my balance invoice yet. Are they still being sent out?

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

See my post above - ie if you paid a deposit then you will eventually receive a bill for the second installment though not everyone will get the invoice at the same time!

The system sends them out automatically depending on the date you placed your order.  There will be some that I have to trigger manually but I'm going to let the website do the majority.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Rapido have sent us a couple of images of the first samples of the forthcoming class 92.

The model is being sent to us and we are hoping to have it on show at the DEMU showcase exhibtion this weekend in Burton.

When we receive it we will take some proper photographs, but in the meantime here are a couple of cropped teaser images sent by Rapido...

post-420-0-72471400-1496172809_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-80233000-1496172796.jpg

There will I am sure be some tweaks to be made but first impressions are very good!

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Frustratingly a day after we got back from the DEMU Showcase event DHL managed to deliver the Class 92 sample. It had suffered a little in transit, so apologies for the wonky buffer, but apart from that it's looking pretty terrific in my view - Rapido have done a simply stunning job.

post-420-0-42243900-1496682954_thumb.jpg

post-420-0-83277400-1496682966_thumb.jpg

The roof in particular is beautifully done. The side enclosure panels for the pantograph well are separate parts (there is an exploded photo on our website showing all the different bits that go into this model - it's staggering!) to create an accurate "undercut" appearance.

post-420-0-95594900-1496682978_thumb.jpg

Rapido have moulded both extended and retracted pick up shoes which are a push fit. And the sandboxes are separate parts too.

post-420-0-69871400-1496682990_thumb.jpg

The model is motorised with Rapido's proven powerful and robust motor and while this model does not yet have the PCB and lighting parts we will be able to check the smoothness of the drivetrain and motor's haulage capability.

We will also, of course, assess the mouldings for accuracy and scale.

But it's worth bearing in mind when looking at the high res and super close-up images above just what size this model is:

post-420-0-87078200-1496683004_thumb.jpg

I think Rapido have done a stunning job with this one. Next step will be painted samples and all being well we will be ready to close the order book and move to production soon, with the models potentially with customers before the end of the year.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 16

Ben,

Where is the "simply stunning" button?!!! That's a stunning model and I can't wait for the painted samples now.

I may just have to put my hand in my pocket and order another model or two to accompany the four I already have on order!

Keep up the excellent work guys!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1