Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

Hi Ben,

Is there any chance the order book will be open for a week or so at the beginning of January?

It might give people a little chance to get Christmas / New Year out of the way before committing payments, especially as some people are paid at the month end.

I appreciate there may be other reasons why it has to close in December but wondered if it was possible.

Thanks,

Ixion

I appreciate there may be other reasons why it has to close in December but wondered if it was possible.

The newsletter that came out today from Revolution said

"We will announce the closing date in a future newsletter and on our website once we have a better idea of the date."

Ben, Mike.

Have there been enough orders for the un-numbered/named triple grey version to be produced?

I'm also interested in this as I've got two un-numbered versions on order but would really like to swap one for 92003.

If by changing my order it'll tip the un-numbered into a no-go position I'd stick with my order as-is in order to prevent disappointment to others.

I'll await a response from Revolution before deciding what to do.

• RMweb Gold

Hi guzzler17,

The un-numbered version will go ahead since it just requires the factory to pluck painted models out of the production line before the lettering stage. MOQs for other liveries reflect the additional setting up that is required - for example tampo masks for names or numbers, paint masks for complete schemes.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Stu,

Ask me on Friday!  

Seriously, we can look at it but adding new models to the production now, when we are so near to closing the order book, is likely to cause confusion and hesitation.  Some may wish to switch, some may just miss this and then feel disappointed...

I think I would have to be seriously convinced the positives outweigh negatives!   

Cheers

Ben A.

• Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Ben A said:

Hi Stu,

Ask me on Friday!  

Seriously, we can look at it but adding new models to the production now, when we are so near to closing the order book, is likely to cause confusion and hesitation.  Some may wish to switch, some may just miss this and then feel disappointed...

I think I would have to be seriously convinced the positives outweigh negatives!   

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben,

You have to draw the line somewhere. I appreciate that it is probably too late, and a little unwise, to add another option at this late date in the production cycle.

Perhaps in the next batch.....

See you at the SECC.

Stu from EGDL.

On 21/12/2018 at 01:40, Ben A said:

The un-numbered version will go ahead since it just requires the factory to pluck painted models out of the production line before the lettering stage. MOQs for other liveries reflect the additional setting up that is required - for example tampo masks for names or numbers, paint masks for complete schemes.

Cheers

Ben A.

This train is going ahead 

• Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I don't know if it's too late in the day, or too small a mod for the model, but I've today learned the Dellner fitted 92s for the sleeper have retractable buffers and little cutouts on the panel below the headlights to allow their retraction, presumably a pin to hold them retracted. Pic should be a clickable link to Flickr if the clever new forum software has done it's stuff

Modified vs Unmodified

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Why not just order one now...?

The order book closes tomorrow night at midnight, so tomorrow is fine anyway. it’s a manual process to close the book, so it’ll depend how quick Ben/Mike are to click, but I dare say you’ll be safe in the small hours of Wednesday morning too. 

I’ve just ordered a plain grey, to become 92044 as its still running in that condition for GBRF. I knew resistance was futile!

Edited by njee20
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/02/2019 at 17:54, Steadfast said:

I don't know if it's too late in the day, or too small a mod for the model, but I've today learned the Dellner fitted 92s for the sleeper have retractable buffers and little cutouts on the panel below the headlights to allow their retraction, presumably a pin to hold them retracted. Pic should be a clickable link to Flickr if the clever new forum software has done it's stuff

Modified vs Unmodified

Jo

Hi Jo,

We did notice this at Loughborough a couple of years ago when they were doing the first conversion; we discussed whether we could replicate it with slides etc but at the time Brush weren't 100% sure that the mod would be needed with all the conversions (they were still trialling different ideas) so we had to take a decision to go ahead without it.

Still, for the very keen it should be relatively simple to replicate.

The order book for the 92s closed at midnight; production is expected to begin shortly.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Hi Gang,

The extension of the ordering deadline tempted me into ordering an additional un-numbered 92 for the forthcoming fleet.

I blame Ben and Mike for this!!!:lol:

Later,

Stu in EGYP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

Yes, we are finalising the PO to give to Rapido - and adding the retailer orders -, then the factory will begin production.

I don't know how long production will take though.  The Pendolinos took around 6 months IIRC, but then with 1200 trains that's 12000 cars.   There are significantly fewer 92s to make, and the matrix is a good deal simpler too, as there aren't lots of cars to be married up to specific sets etc, and the packaging is simpler too.

I am hoping the models will be here sometime in Autumn, but this is just an estimate!  As ever, we will post any production pics Rapido sent us online, either here with permission, on Facebook or on our website.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1

Hello Ben,

Do we get to see painted samples of the Class 92?

All we've seen so far is a single hand-painted sample of the Caledonian Sleeper Class 92.

No negativity here, I admire hand-painted stuff as I do my own and know the pains of doing it. But I wanted to see what the factory painted ones look like. Especially the other liveries.

Cheers!