Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

They were hoping production would be complete before Chinese New Year. Any idea if this was achieved as I’m wondering if the workers returning after New Year could be delayed by the health issues currently affecting their country?

2 hours ago, Kev48 said:

They were hoping production would be complete before Chinese New Year. Any idea if this was achieved as I’m wondering if the workers returning after New Year could be delayed by the health issues currently affecting their country?

Hallo,

It will depend on the province. The company I work for has 3 plants in China, 1 is definitely closed next week, the other 2 are scheduled to open, last I heard, but central government can decree at very short notice.

es grüßt 

pc

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No, the 92s are not finished yet.

Many of the factories have been asked/told not to re-open until 9 February, though this is obviously subject to changes. Aside from the obviously terrible impact to those who contract the virus what we don't know yet is how badly affected getting new workers to the factories will be ie will people want to travel or even be able to travel. That is a case of wait and see.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, ash39 said:

Am I correct in assuming that the omission of the Class 92 from the latest newsletter means these are still in production with no ETA?

The guys recently commented elsewhere that the 92s and car transporters are the next models due into the country so possibly not far away now, current circumstances permitting! 

They are also having a Facebook Live session tomorrow at 18:00 so more info may be available via that: https://www.facebook.com/revolutiontrains/

Tom. 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, TomE said:

The guys recently commented elsewhere that the 92s and car transporters are the next models due into the country so possibly not far away now, current circumstances permitting! 

They are also having a Facebook Live session tomorrow at 18:00 so more info may be available via that: https://www.facebook.com/revolutiontrains/

Tom. 

Apologies, must have missed that post. Good to know!

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, ash39 said:

Am I correct in assuming that the omission of the Class 92 from the latest newsletter means these are still in production with no ETA?

No, it just means that we limit the length of newsletters (one of the final paragraphs specifically says about other projects!) and/or that we have nothing new to say about a particular project. 

The 92s are in production but until Rapido tell us that they are ready to ship there’s not much more we can say (that is true for all projects once they enter production). 

Our website (click on projects) has the latest info on every project. 

Cheers Mike

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

On the livestream that was held on 26th, there was a mention of the Class 92. However my internet was a bit slow so the video lagged and buffered a bit.

Either Ben said they will be with us in approx 5 weeks time

or

Ben said they will be shpping from China in about 5 weeks time

Hopefully Ben/Mike can clarify this. I'm absolutely excited by this.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

On the livestream that was held on 26th, there was a mention of the Class 92. However my internet was a bit slow so the video lagged and buffered a bit.

Either Ben said they will be with us in approx 5 weeks time

or

Ben said they will be shpping from China in about 5 weeks time

Hopefully Ben/Mike can clarify this. I'm absolutely excited by this.

Hi,

Just to add clarity, Ben stated Rapido had notified RevolutioN just before the Bank Holiday weekend that shipping was expected in 5 - 6 weeks.

The livestream is available on the RevolutioN website:

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/revolution-trains-facebook-live-3-2/

the mention is at about 36mins in.

HTH

Regards, Gerry.

Edited by steam-driven boy
my confusion over BH!

• RMweb Premium

Very, very excited about these! Far more so than any grown man should be about a toy train.

Went a bit heavy on the EWS ones, as they were still in wider use when I ordered them, but hey ho!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njee20 said:

Very, very excited about these! Far more so than any grown man should be about a toy train.

Went a bit heavy on the EWS ones, as they were still in wider use when I ordered them, but hey ho!

Nothing wrong with that sort of healthy excitement. I'm so excited I have no idea what one I ordered. It's going to be a surprise.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, njee20 said:

You may be able to go and celebrate in a pub by then:drink_mini:

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, drs37038 said:

Has there been any update on the delivery of the 92’s

In production, estimated delivery to UK Q2-3 2020 is what it says on Revolution’s project page.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Until the factory tells us that they’re ready to ship we won’t know any more information. 

The latest is that they are due to send us production samples for approval. Once they arrive and assuming there are no problems(!) then it shouldn’t be long before production is completed. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, red death said:

Until the factory tells us that they’re ready to ship we won’t know any more information. 

The latest is that they are due to send us production samples for approval. Once they arrive and assuming there are no problems(!) then it shouldn’t be long before production is completed. 

Looking forward to seeing production samples.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

It is unlikely the 92s and IPAs will be shipped together as they are not being produced in the same location, but they may arrive at the same time.  Neither has left China yet though.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Agree 1

My modelling goals have changed a bit at a very inopportune time: a bit earlier and I'd have saved a lot of money by pre-ordering several class 92s, among other things, but there you go.

Is the unnumbered version going ahead? Will it include names, depot logos and beastie vinyls for all of the locomotives? Thanks

Jim

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jim,

The unnumbered version is just that - fully painted triple grey body with electrification flashes, TOPS panels and small markings but no numbers, BR Arrows, depot plaques or other identifying features.

Etched versions of the plaques, arrows and Chunnel rounders are included, but number and name decals will need to be sourced separately.

I am not totally sure which retailers are taking stocks of these, and as ever due to cancellations etc we may have a flash sale in a few months of anything left over, as we did with the HOAs and IZAs.

cheers

Ben A.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

16 hours ago, Ben A said:

but number and name decals will need to be sourced separately.

Hi Gang,

I really hope that one of our enterprising decal manufacturers has spotted this and is on the case with a suitable selection!!

Later,

Stu from EGDL 

• Agree 1