Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Premium

And one presumes this means production samples are done and thus hopefully about to ship, very exciting. I rather hope there’s a small gap between the 92s and the IPAs arriving, for the sake of my bank balance!

As an aside I’m amused they all appear to have retained blue roof wells regardless of livery!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, njee20 said:

And one presumes this means production samples are done and thus hopefully about to ship, very exciting. I rather hope there’s a small gap between the 92s and the IPAs arriving, for the sake of my bank balance!

As an aside I’m amused they all appear to have retained blue roof wells regardless of livery!

That is indeed look odd...but not something that really worries me.

Edited by MGR Hooper!

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

That is indeed odd...

Correct though:

15200159536_936bf82891_o+%25281%2529.jpg

Also not unusual. Cross country voyagers still have Virgin Red roofs. Or at least they do under the the filth that makes it blend into the XC plum! 

Tom. 

• Informative/Useful 1

There have also been a few 92s that have had noticably replaced panels or modules,  where the entire panel has come off a triple grey machine. All variety and quirks of the prototype!

Not as visible, but on a similar note 60044 has quite a bit of Mainline blue visible inside the grills.

Jo

• RMweb Gold

EPs looked great on the Facebook live tonight. I'd actually forgotten I'd ordered mine with DCC sound so looking forward to that even more now! 

Tom.   

Did anyone else hear on Facebook live tonight that the model will come with one super detailed end i.e. lots of pipework with the other having a standard coupler?

I'm rather hoping I mis-heard as a loco without a coupler at each end won't work too well on my terminus layout.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, Ben definitely said one end is super detailed - I was planning on double-heading my EWS/DB 92s.... here’s hoping there is a NEM socket hiding behind the detail.... I’m sure Ben and Mike will have considered this though....

Notwithstanding, they looked fantastic!!!

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks

There is indeed an NEM coupler pocket on the bogie behind the super detailed end.  The detailing is a (tight!) interference fit and with a bit of care/force should pull out so you can fit a coupler if you wish.

Cheers Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I know one or two of the mainstream decal suppliers do numbers and names for 92s, but I have been in contact with a couple of customers discussing the possibility of doing something for the unnumbered and unnamed 92s in the Steadfast Models range. Once I have my 92s it'll be easier to know how I'm going to proceed. I'll do my best to colour match the Revolution names so they shouldn't stand out. The unnumbered 92 features as built data panels, I may also include the later (much bigger) data panels to go by the cab door and later yellow style overhead wire stickers to cater for the whole lifespan of the grey 92s.

Jo

• Like 1

Got the Stobart 92 on order, after watching the Facebook live 4, not sure of the roof colour a search on web and I can't find a picture to match the model. Can anyone help with a picture?

Thanks

Jacko

• 3 weeks later...

After not receiving a reply from Kernow, I thought I'd come on here for an answer.  As sjacko above also asks, is the roof colour on 92017 correct?  The numerous photos that I've viewed online compared to the one in the RT video would suggest not.

The DB example also looks quite a bit on the light side.

Apologies for bringing this up but these models are not cheap.

Regards, Paul.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The colours of all the 92s are as per the specifications we were sent or able to source.  Having said that, I often feel that the correct colours don't necessarily look right due to the effects of scale, weathering, light conditions etc, as Mike mentions above.

Certainly for my own models I usually feel a dusting of weathering improves the 'out-of-the-box' look, though I realise not everyone is comfortable taking an airbrush to a brand new model.

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Hi Mike.  It's a shame but no, I don't.  I wish I had.  If I did, I wouldn't have had to ask.  As for comparing, unfortunately, this is the only option I have as I don't have the model in my hands.  This why I asked the question before spending £180.

I've gone through a large number of photos and specifically looked for ones where lighting is even and without shadow or reflection.  Take a look for yourself.  You can also compare the shade to the blue high intensity light surround and horns on end 2 of the loco, which I would say are still in EPS blue.

Ben, thanks for the quick response.  I agree that lighting conditions and scale do affect colour, but after all that I have looked at with varying conditions, it just doesn't look like right.  Perhaps Mike is correct and it was the lighting of the model in your video.

"As per the specification we sent or able to source".

Did you struggle to source some of the colour spec? Is this one of those colours that you struggled to get?

Just to confirm, is the roof colour correct?  If you say it is, I'll take your word for it and get back in my box.

Regards, Paul.

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/08/2020 at 15:25, carlw said:

Hi all,

From looking at photos available online I would say that 92017’s roof should be the same blue that was used when the 92’s were originally painted in RFD..

Carl

Thanks Carl, looking at many pictures on the web, think the roof is Blue or even black, so will not be buying as it's a bit to expensive for me when the colour's don't look right and as it would cost even more to get it painted or weathered down, it's a model I will have to pass on. :(

thanks

Jacko

• RMweb Premium
On 11/09/2020 at 20:41, drs37038 said:

Hi all 

is there any update on the delivery of the class 92's

thanks

Andrew

When there is definitive news you’ll know about it. 

They’re coming soon. IPAs and KUAs are landing in the next 7-10 days, so one would assume the 92s will wait until they’ve been dealt with. 

Ben and Mike are good at updating when there’s an update ;)

• Agree 3