Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

2 minutes ago, ash39 said:

That looks great!

Do etched channel tunnel roundels come in the box? 

Thanks! And yes they do, hidden under the tray in a bag with some cast BR arrows and a couple of other detailing bits :wub:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My Caledonian Sleeper sound fitted one turned up today - most impressed although slightly amused at the packaging just being a cardboard box with no padding.

Just letting it run in before getting it programmed to my DCC perferences :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 03/01/2021 at 14:05, red death said:

The last email I had from you was 6/12/18 asking to stick with your original order - please drop us an email today if you want to change it as otherwise it will be going in the post!

Thanks Mike

Hello Mike, could you confirm you've received my email ref payment query - I realise you'll be busy sorting through orders, but just want to make sure you have got the email.  Thanks

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Stuart A said:

Hello Mike, could you confirm you've received my email ref payment query - I realise you'll be busy sorting through orders, but just want to make sure you have got the email.  Thanks

I think you’ve answered your own question!

We’ve sent out emails to everyone we think had an outstanding balance. 

We’ve then focused on sending out fully paid orders. We’re starting to get to the end of the fully paid orders and then I will deal with any queries/questions etc. 

Cheers Mike

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, red death said:

I think you’ve answered your own question!

We’ve sent out emails to everyone we think had an outstanding balance. 

We’ve then focused on sending out fully paid orders. We’re starting to get to the end of the fully paid orders and then I will deal with any queries/questions etc. 

Cheers Mike

Ok no worries. I did email you back in July asking you to confirm that the outstanding payment had been received (along with the extract from my bank statement), but hadn't got anything back until the reminder email at the end of December. 

Hi All

My 3 Class 92s arrived last week (92003, 92018, 92036). 92003 performed like a dream straight from the box. Smooth and quiet form very slow crawl to high speed. I held back for commenting, though, as the other 2 did not run well at all. 92018 stuttered a little and 92036 was a very poor runner, would often stop without reason and struggled even with a small load. Close inspection showed that, on both locos, one of the traction tyres was slightly twisted and not correctly seated on its wheel. This meant the bogie was not lying flat and so not all the wheels were touching the rails. Adjustments made and they now run perfectly.
I am very impressed with the locos and they look superb. Amazing detail throughout and the roof is a work of art. The intricate detail on the roof is far better than my CJM 92s. Printing is spot on and very fine. I love the etched roundels and depot plaques. Although the locos are light, haulage for me is OK as I will not be asking them to haul more than 10 coaches or 12 IPAs. 
Well worth the wait and Congratulations, once again, to Ben and Mike.

Cheers,
Ged.

Mine arrived today. Quick run to check it works and it's impressively smooth and quiet. 

Fitted the etched bits whilst I had it out. Finishes it off a treat.

Well worth the wait, well done everyone involved.

Screenshot_20210106-202454_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-202506_Gallery.jpg

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, gedlee said:

Hi All

My 3 Class 92s arrived last week (92003, 92018, 92036). 92003 performed like a dream straight from the box. Smooth and quiet form very slow crawl to high speed. I held back for commenting, though, as the other 2 did not run well at all. 92018 stuttered a little and 92036 was a very poor runner, would often stop without reason and struggled even with a small load. Close inspection showed that, on both locos, one of the traction tyres was slightly twisted and not correctly seated on its wheel. This meant the bogie was not lying flat and so not all the wheels were touching the rails. Adjustments made and they now run perfectly.
I am very impressed with the locos and they look superb. Amazing detail throughout and the roof is a work of art. The intricate detail on the roof is far better than my CJM 92s. Printing is spot on and very fine. I love the etched roundels and depot plaques. Although the locos are light, haulage for me is OK as I will not be asking them to haul more than 10 coaches or 12 IPAs. 
Well worth the wait and Congratulations, once again, to Ben and Mike.

Cheers,
Ged.

Hi

My 92003 didn’t run very well at all out of the box. An hour running on DC seems to have cured it and it now runs much better on DCC. I’m hoping a prolonged period of running in will sort it completely.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ash39 said:

Mine arrived today. Quick run to check it works and it's impressively smooth and quiet. 

Fitted the etched bits whilst I had it out. Finishes it off a treat.

Well worth the wait, well done everyone involved.

Screenshot_20210106-202454_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-202506_Gallery.jpg

Very nice, the etches certainly finish it off, will hopefully get mine fitted soon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Shawplan have etched name plates in stock for the four fitted with them:

92009 Elgar
92022 Charles Dickens

92023 Ravel
92030 Ashford

£5.50 + £2 P&P. (No connection other than as a customer)

How are people sticking the tunnel logos & BR arrows? Glue, varnish or double-sided sticky tape?

Steven B.

For fitting the etched details, I used some Humbrol gloss varnish. Used tweezers to position then pressed dry with a bit of paper towel. 

There was a tiny bit of seepage but all invisible now it's had a coat of grime

Screenshot_20210107-222929_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210107-223302_Gallery.jpg

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Nice work on the weathering Ash, really brings out the loco! Really does illustrate what a great model it is, character is spot on.

One thing I was surprised at was that the cab lights and top headlight are lit all the time on DC, no switch like there is for the tail lights. Still, it looks easy enough to sort with some electrical tape or black paper over the LEDs as they are open on the chassis end. 

With the etched fittings, I plan to use matt enamel varnish, it's what I use on all nameplates etc. Easy enough to take off any excess once it goes tacky.

Jo

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Steadfast said:

One thing I was surprised at was that the cab lights and top headlight are lit all the time on DC, no switch like there is for the tail lights. Still, it looks easy enough to sort with some electrical tape or black paper over the LEDs as they are open on the chassis end. 

Jo

Hi Jo,

It should be straightforward to put a small square of tape across the end of the light guides for the cab interior light and, if you want, the top marker, so that while the LEDs are on, no light makes it to the 'bulbs.'

For the tunnel rings, I was wondering about the red interior edges myself.  It is a *very* subtle effect; I am thinking about pressing them onto a piece of slightly de-tacked masking tape, running a red wash over them, waiting for it to start drying then rubbing it off the faces to leave fine red beading, hopefully, just on the half etched lines and inner edges.  The outer edges are not red AFAIK.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

18 hours ago, Ben A said:

It should be straightforward to put a small square of tape across the end of the light guides for the cab interior light and, if you want, the top marker, so that while the LEDs are on, no light makes it to the 'bulbs.'

Great minds there Ben, exactly the kind of thing I was thinking. And yes you're correct, it's just the inner face of the circles that is red. On a lot of them it was lost under the dirt. I've been trying to ascertain if 92001 kept the red inners when in EWS colours. I think it did, but it's hard to tell.

Jo

• Like 1

Wow been a while since I last checked back on this thread..they look fantastic.  I have to say that if you compare the price to a smiliar sized locomotove from other manufacturers (e.g. rrp 149.95 for class 60/50 then factoring in the extra detailing all round and seperate parts needed for the roof it seems like a pretty good deal to me.  Im off to look at some electrification/catenary...

• Like 3

Hello all, 

A couple of mine arrived today and WOW! Ever since I’ve modelled in N I’ve always wanted a 92, somehow I’ve always put off a CJM one but the wait was well worth it, straight from the box running beautifully, congratulations Mike and Ben on another fantastic model! 

A686B8CE-6317-4749-912D-222F400A7CD8.jpeg

EB7A53EE-E925-43DF-94BE-ECC4EC841A5F.jpeg

468C536C-275A-4221-849B-FDC76FE54248.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I now have my un-numbered two tone grey version.  The roof section is fine on mine.

Its currently running on the test track on DC and a very smooth runner. 

Not a criticism but just  a thing to check. One of the buffers fell out of the buffer shank when I put it back in the box. This has been glued back and a touch of glue added to the others to make sure that they don't so might be worth checking yours so as to make sure that you don't lose any. With such finely detailed models and so many parts its bound to happen.

I also notice that many places don't have the cheaper Zimo next 18 decoders in stock but did find the Zimo ones at Peters Spares after a fellow rmwebber pointed me in that direction. Its a loco that wont get much use till I build a new N scale layout so no point spending on a top of the range decoder.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1