Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

13 minutes ago, jpendle said:

Other than it being illegal it's a great idea :D

John P

Ah shows how much I know doesn't it :scratchhead::lol:. Luckily I can stick to vibration analysis professionally and don't need to worry about that kinda thing with any kind of consequence. Would it really be illegal for them to speak to each other along the lines of "if you do the 90, I will do the wagons to go with it"?

How have the oil companies managed to do that kind of thing by working together controlling supply to match the demand for so long? Surely almost everyone in the world would have a valid claim against them if it's illegal. Sorry distracting slightly from the topic, but I find things like that fascinating. 

All the best,

Dave

Back to a more modelling related topic, does anyone know the difference in chassis between a class 90 and 87? I know the 90 at one stage was even going to be named the 87/2 and there are similarities, but are they close enough to allow both models to be produced from one set of chassis/boggie/underframe etc. tooling? I know I am jumping the gun hugely and someone producing a class 90 is the first step, but the thought came to mind when thinking about the additional runs that would be possible with a class 90. 

All the best,

Dave

6 hours ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

How have the oil companies managed to do that kind of thing by working together controlling supply to match the demand for so long? Surely almost everyone in the world would have a valid claim against them if it's illegal.

""Seven Sisters" was a common term for the seven transnational oil companies of the "Consortium for Iran" oligopoly or cartel, which dominated the global petroleum industry from the mid-1940s to the mid-1970s."

"Despite the fact that OPEC is considered by most to be a cartel, members of OPEC have maintained it is not a cartel at all but rather an international organization with a legal, permanent, and necessary mission."

No law breaking here, move along please :nono:

Thread drift over.

John P

Edited by jpendle
More stuff

16 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Class 410 - 1956 - 2005

Class 411 - 1956 - 2005

Class 414 (and its reformations) - 1955 - 1995 with GLVs lasting until 2005

Class 415 - 1951-1995

Class 416 - 1955-1995

Class 419 - 1959 - 2004

Class 421 - 1964 - 2005

Class 422 - 1964 - 2010

Class 423 - 1967 - 2005 (only 38 years)

Engaging pedant mode :)

The earlier builds of classes 414-416 were based on SR rather than MK1 carriage profiles, so the MK1 versions of those pretty much didn't hit 40 years in service ;)

22 hours ago, frobisher said:

Engaging pedant mode :)

The earlier builds of classes 414-416 were based on SR rather than MK1 carriage profiles, so the MK1 versions of those pretty much didn't hit 40 years in service ;)

Even more Pedant, SR designed 2EPB 416/1 (416/3) was built after the Mk1 2EPB 416/2 (416/4) and the SR designed 2HAP were delivered along side the second half of the first Mk1 batch of 2HAP (414/2). Only 53 SR designed 4EPB were produced before the first Mk1 EPB was delivered (5701 in Jan 54).

• Informative/Useful 1