Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hello Harry,

Thanks for getting in touch - PM sent.

In general terms, our website is having to deal with traffic levels far greater than anticipated when it was originally created to support the Kickstarter Pendolino campaign. We are in the process of revamping it to significantly improve its layout, capacity and functionality so please bear with us!

Timing wise we are just waiting for the second EP sample of the 92 with lighting/PCB etc and once that is approved we will be in a position to consider moving to production, but this won't be for a couple of months yet, meaning that if anyone does want to amend or add to orders there is still plenty of time.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hello Harry,

Thanks for getting in touch - PM sent.

In general terms, our website is having to deal with traffic levels far greater than anticipated when it was originally created to support the Kickstarter Pendolino campaign. We are in the process of revamping it to significantly improve its layout, capacity and functionality so please bear with us!

Timing wise we are just waiting for the second EP sample of the 92 with lighting/PCB etc and once that is approved we will be in a position to consider moving to production, but this won't be for a couple of months yet, meaning that if anyone does want to amend or add to orders there is still plenty of time.

Cheers

Ben A.

Am I right in saying that the 2nd EP will be painted samples?

• RMweb Gold

Am I right in saying that the 2nd EP will be painted samples?

Hi there,

I doubt it - the second EP is just to check that the model works as it should - motor, lights, etc - in "production" configuration.

Sorting out the liveries will come after that.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Thought I'd post this photo of 92010 looking very clean at Edinburgh Waverley on Sunday evening for reference.

attachicon.gifimage1-1.JPG

This livery is slowly growing on me and can't wait to get my hands on the finished models.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for sharing that, exactly the livery I have on pre-order. I am looking to acquire a small Caledonian Sleeper collection.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say that Revolution Trains is on stand 16 at The International N Gauge Show (TINGS) in Warwickshire this weekend.

We will have the first EP sample of the 92 running or on display, along with some unpainted components to show the levels of detailing that Rapido have achieved.

post-420-0-95724700-1504814132_thumb.jpg

We are expecting the next running sample, with some improvements that Rapido have done, within weeks.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Ben and Mike,

When are the second invoices due to be paid? I got both of mine at once and wasn't sure if they had deadlines...

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

They are due when you receive them I'm afraid - they get produced automatically by the system 5 or 6 months after you placed the deposit. Which reminds me I need to start manuall triggering some of the invoices for the more recent orders.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mike,

Like many I received premature third invoices when I paid my second ones - will these be re-sent when the third instalment is actually due, or do I need to keep half an eye on things to make sure I’m not delinquent?!

• RMweb Gold

Sorry if I've missed, but are you'll expecting painted EP samples for Warley?

Hi there,

No, we wont have painted samples for Warley. The livery drawings have not yet been completed.

The working sample we had in July featured the moulded parts but with a hard-wired motor and no lights/PCB as these were still being worked on.

The next stage is to have a sample will have the final PCB/lights/motor/drivetrain for testing. We are hoping to get this in time for Warley, but the important thing is that the designers get it right, not that they rush it for a show.

Once the model with production chassis has been thoroughly tested and approved we will move to the liveries and then into production.

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Hi there,

No, we wont have painted samples for Warley. The livery drawings have not yet been completed.

The working sample we had in July featured the moulded parts but with a hard-wired motor and no lights/PCB as these were still being worked on.

The next stage is to have a sample will have the final PCB/lights/motor/drivetrain for testing. We are hoping to get this in time for Warley, but the important thing is that the designers get it right, not that they rush it for a show.

Once the model with production chassis has been thoroughly tested and approved we will move to the liveries and then into production.

Cheers

Ben A.

Ahha...So in my head I was one EP sample ahead. Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to getting this beautiful N gauge locomotive.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

It was good to see everyone at the Warley show, and a huge thank-you to the Kinlet Wharf team for allowing us to put our Caledonian Sleeper 92 on the layout with their superb full Caledonian sleeper rake.

post-420-0-26696300-1511817012_thumb.jpg

Just for clarity this is a hand-painted model assembled for the show from the parts Rapido had previously sent us to assess the mouldings. It is not factory-completed or painted and lacks some of the finesse that the final models will have.

There had been a chance that we would receive the next running sample - with final PCB and lighting arrangements - in time for Warley but it was not to be. Once we do naturally we will let our supporters know here and on our own website.

When the running sample has been throughly tested and approved we'll be ready to check liveries and start production, and will probably be looking to close the order book sometime in Spring 2018.

Once again a big thank-you to everyone who has committed to this project - crowd-funding is never about individuals but is a shared endeavour where everyone taking part can share the credit and enjoy the satisfaction of making these beautiful models happen.

Cheers

Ben A.,

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Hi ND,

Our only 00 models so far are the TEA tankers which are now in production. When they are delivered (probably Spring next year) we will take a view on future plans in 00.

We haven't quite decided what to do yet, and the chances are it will be another wagon. An 00 92 from Rapido would be a stunning model, no doubt, but at this time we don't think the conditions are right.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Merry Xmas - see festive message from Revolution here https://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/ with an early 92-shaped Xmas gift from Rapido!

Next week I'll be posting a Revolution Round up of 2017, and looking ahead to how we *hope* things will pan out in 2018!!

Thanks to everyone who has supported us this year.

cheers

Ben A.
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Slightly random question... Will the chassis be common between different liveries? I'm twitching on a GBRF one (as they're now in charge of the silver bullet trains it seems rude not to), and would quite like a sound one, but would probably rather put the sound chassis in one of the EWS liveried locos. Do you know if a quick body swap is likely to be possible, or are there differences/livery elements on the chassis which will preclude that?

Slightly random question... Will the chassis be common between different liveries? I'm twitching on a GBRF one (as they're now in charge of the silver bullet trains it seems rude not to), and would quite like a sound one, but would probably rather put the sound chassis in one of the EWS liveried locos. Do you know if a quick body swap is likely to be possible, or are there differences/livery elements on the chassis which will preclude that?

I would assume that as Rapido have fitted speakers in all of the Pendo’s that the same method would be used on the 92’s, as it only costs pennies for a job lot of speakers. So even if the body swap isn’t possible due to any detail differences, it would be a relitively simple job of swapping the decoders over.

Alistair

• RMweb Gold

Alistair is correct.  I can't remember off the top of my head if there are any body specific markings on the chassis, but as Alistair says swapping the sound decoder is literally a case of remove bodyshell, take Next18 decoder out of socket and do in reverse to the other 92.

Cheers, Mike