Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gang;

Been a bit quiet on this one since Christmas.....

Later;

Stu from EGDL

Hi Stu,

Plenty is happening in China and Canada!  Rapido have a couple they are testing exhaustively, and once that's done they'll send them to us, hopefully in time for Model Rail Scotland.  

Once chassis/lights/PCB/drive-train are approved, the liveries will be finalised and checked.  I think Rapido are nticipating production taking place over the summer, with the models delivered sometime in Q3.

So we will probably be closing the order book in April/May - but of course experience tells us that can change!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Hi Stu,

Plenty is happening in China and Canada!  Rapido have a couple they are testing exhaustively, and once that's done they'll send them to us, hopefully in time for Model Rail Scotland.  

Once chassis/lights/PCB/drive-train are approved, the liveries will be finalised and checked.  I think Rapido are nticipating production taking place over the summer, with the models delivered sometime in Q3.

So we will probably be closing the order book in April/May - but of course experience tells us that can change!

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

Are you planning to announce anything at model rail Scotland

Thanks

Alan

• RMweb Gold

Hello Alan,

We do have plans to open up a new item for expressions at Model Rail Scotland, since by then our Pendolinos and Class B tankers should be here (or very close.)

Going forward we are aiming, at least in principle, to match announcements with deliveries.  We understand that requiring people to put money up front is a big ask, and I totally understand why some might hesitate, but seeing models actually delivered will enhance our credibility with even the most ardent doubters.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 4

Hello Alan,

We do have plans to open up a new item for expressions at Model Rail Scotland, since by then our Pendolinos and Class B tankers should be here (or very close.)

Going forward we are aiming, at least in principle, to match announcements with deliveries.  We understand that requiring people to put money up front is a big ask, and I totally understand why some might hesitate, but seeing models actually delivered will enhance our credibility with even the most ardent doubters.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

Thanks for your response

Thanks

Alan

Hello Alan,

We do have plans to open up a new item for expressions at Model Rail Scotland, since by then our Pendolinos and Class B tankers should be here (or very close)

Ben A.

Hi Gang,

I believe now is the time to speculate.....loco or wagon??

Unfortunately I cannot make Glasgow this year due to workload.

Later,

Stu from EGDL

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gang,

I believe now is the time to speculate.....loco or wagon??

Unfortunately I cannot make Glasgow this year due to workload.

Later,

Stu from EGDL

Isn't non-attendance at the SECC a courtmartial offence?  Damn shame you can't make it!  Best show of the year!

cheers

Ben A.

• 3 months later...

Just had an email inviting me to pre-order 92s and CargoWaggon Twin Sets from Rails of Sheffield. I'm already (well) in but it might interest customers who are not into crowdfunding but are happy to pre-order via a shop like Rails. Also builds on the trust Revolution have already built up for themselves.

Looking forward to mine!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

@Ben

Will the black outline for the headlights be tampo printed onto the production models? I know you painted the Caledonian one by hand and therefore left that out. But it does indeed affect the appearance of the loco? Also will the recess for the headlights be painted black/dark grey? Slotting in clear plastic just doesn't capture the look.

• RMweb Gold

Hi there,

The light clusters will be correctly painted black. The factory making the 92 is the same one that made the Pendolino, and that is the standard of fit and finish we are expecting.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Adam Phillip,

Yes, we were given a final approval sample by Rapido at Warley and the model ran well throughout the show.

We are expecting to close the order book once Rapido tell us they have a factory slot ready, probably towards the middle or end of next month.

If you don't want to pre-order then you should be able to get them from our usual stockists, though of course they'll add their retail margin.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The working sample we had at Warley has been sent to Legomanbiffo so the sound we recorded at Polmadie last year can be tuned to the motor. Once this is done the files will be sent to Rapido, and then presumably forwarded to ESU for the final version of the sound chip to be produced.

Here's a photo of the sample I took before it was sent; it's unpainted as it's purely to test the running. Naturally on the production model the wheels will be blackened.

post-420-0-51467700-1543769768_thumb.jpg

We are now just waiting for Rapido to confirm everything is ready for production then we will close the order book and send them the final PO. I expect this will sometime before Xmas - we will let people know when we have a firm deadline, but if you aren't signed up for our newsletter and don't check here that frequently now may be the time to order to avoid inadvertently missing out.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 11

Hello all,

The working sample we had at Warley has been sent to Legomanbiffo so the sound we recorded at Polmadie last year can be tuned to the motor. Once this is done the files will be sent to Rapido, and then presumably forwarded to ESU for the final version of the sound chip to be produced.

Here's a photo of the sample I took before it was sent; it's unpainted as it's purely to test the running. Naturally on the production model the wheels will be blackened.

IMG_6225.jpg

We are now just waiting for Rapido to confirm everything is ready for production then we will close the order book and send them the final PO. I expect this will sometime before Xmas - we will let people know when we have a firm deadline, but if you aren't signed up for our newsletter and don't check here that frequently now may be the time to order to avoid inadvertently missing out.

Cheers

Ben A.

If you don't mind me asking, when approximately are the painted samples due?

Cheers!

Genuinely overjoyed customer

• Like 1