Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Premium

The payment plan option is most welcome - as a student still for the next five years (doing a PhD now), I've had to miss out on the 321 due to low finds, and was worried I'd miss the 92 (despite already owning a CJM one), but can happily afford it with the split payments.

Edit: well I was going to order ones but the EWS livery is showing out of stock so can't add to basket

Congrats on the PhD, this presumably means no more awesome 3D prints though?!

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Some may have seen that GBRf is being acquired by EQT, who tend to put their rail operations under the Hector Rail brand.

Needless to say, this is something we had become aware of but now this surprise at least is out.  

post-420-0-22593900-1476873505_thumb.jpg

Having said that, the deal has not yet been concluded and so a firm decision on repainting locos has not, to my knowledge, been made.  We will of course only offer the livery if they go ahead and repaint one or more of the 92s.

It looks rather nice though!  Purposeful and well balanced, in my view.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3

Hi Ben,

Can you please tell me what is the division of payments roughly for the installment method? How many installments are there and how much is each?

Hello all,

Some may have seen that GBRf is being acquired by EQT, who tend to put their rail operations under the Hector Rail brand.

Needless to say, this is something we had become aware of but now this surprise at least is out.  

attachicon.gifGFX12 92028 HR - 50.jpg

Having said that, the deal has not yet been concluded and so a firm decision on repainting locos has not, to my knowledge, been made.  We will of course only offer the livery if they go ahead and repaint one or more of the 92s.

It looks rather nice though!  Purposeful and well balanced, in my view.

cheers

Ben A.

Reminds me of the old Railfreight Red stripe livery

• RMweb Gold

Can you please tell me what is the division of payments roughly for the installment method? How many installments are there and how much is each?

It is roughly 20:40:40 (though actually the intial deposit is slightly lower than 20% and the other two slightly higher than 40). It is approximately £19: £58: £58 with the deposit taken straight away, then the second payment in 6 months and the final payment when we start production. Those figures all include VAT, but if you are ordering from outside the EU then website will automatically deduct VAT.

Initial take up has been fantastic!

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

It is roughly 20:40:40 (though actually the intial deposit is slightly lower than 20% and the other two slightly higher than 40). It is approximately £19: £58: £58 with the deposit taken straight away, then the second payment in 6 months and the final payment when we start production. Those figures all include VAT, but if you are ordering from outside the EU then website will automatically deduct VAT.

Initial take up has been fantastic!

Cheers, Mike

Do you'll accept PayPal?

• RMweb Premium

The payment plan option is most welcome - as a student still for the next five years (doing a PhD now), I've had to miss out on the 321 due to low finds, and was worried I'd miss the 92 (despite already owning a CJM one), but can happily afford it with the split payments.

Edit: well I was going to order ones but the EWS livery is showing out of stock so can't add to basket

Hi

Good luck with the PhD. Its something I've been considering but having just finished my Masters alongside a full time job I think I may wait a few years first.

Cheres

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Is there any chance of a OO scale loco?

I would love to order with you, as I feel you guys have acted and continue to act in a most professional and dignified way.

Thanks GW.

Ben and I did think about offering it in OO as well prior to the "other" scheme's announcement.  I think that the most we would say is let's see what happens - if we were convinced that there would be enough demand then we would consider it.

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi GW,

I know very little about the 00 market.  

I am sure Rapido would be receptive to the idea of a 00 92 (whether or not it involves Revolution) and we would be happy to share our research.  All the licences we have cover 00 as well as N so that wouldn't be an issue.

We are sharing a stand with Rapido at the Warley National Model Railway Exhibition at the NEC next month, if you're there - or anyone, come to that - please come and have a chat.  

There is already what I would call a "reasonable" 92 in 00 but if the message from the 00 community is that a high-end 92, of a similar standard to the APT-E, would sell then I am sure Rapido could be persuaded...

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

There is already what I would call a "reasonable" 92 in 00

Unfortunately the Lima 92 has been unavailable for many years and was standard Lima pancake under the bonnet. I presume this is the version you are referring to?

The Hornby version, despite the lights, doesn't match up in my view.

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately the Lima 92 has been unavailable for many years and was standard Lima pancake under the bonnet. I presume this is the version you are referring to?

The Hornby version, despite the lights, doesn't match up in my view.

Hi there,

Thanks, that clarifies things.  I actually thought the Hornby and Lima models were the same, since Hornby owned Lima tooling, but as I said the 00 market is one with which I am not familiar.

The other issue with a 00 92, from Revolution's point of view, is that we think it helps our credibility to hold off announcing too much until we have delivered.  We were going to announce the 92 at Warley once the TEA tankers in N had all been delivered. (Though as has been documented elsewhere it was announced for us!)

By the same logic it makes sense to wait until the OO TEA tankers are here before looking at the 00 market again.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Just placed an order for the 3 I want.

I was also going to ask the question of DCC sound and if you had a rough price for it at the moment?

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin,

Apologies - an oversight.  We are offering factory fitted DCC Sound option.  I think the price will be around £230.  We are just adding it to the website.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Martin,

Apologies - an oversight.  We are offering factory fitted DCC Sound option.  I think the price will be around £230.  We are just adding it to the website.

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

How do I change my order to one of the DCC sound fitted models?

Cheers

Paul