Revolution Trains proposes Class 92 in N

Revolution Ben

In the second photo (batch showing the entire loco), she seems - to my untrained eye - to sit a bit high on the bogies but nothing else to say.

Other than, how are getting those BW pantos to stay up? (probably a top secret given the number of makes working on such pantos for their various models right now).

They will look great speeding through Dallam buddy!

Best regards,

Jeremy

I know, heres hoping they will be ready for Stafford 2018, no probs if not though. Not sure what to do with the 2 kits I have - could still build them I suppose.

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold

In the second photo (batch showing the entire loco), she seems - to my untrained eye - to sit a bit high on the bogies but nothing else to say.

Hi there,

Ride height is certainly one of the things we will be checking.

My first impressions were that the model is not too far off - it certainly didn't jump out at me - and I think the angle, the very visible brass wheels and the fact that you can see right through - are exagerrating it. On the real thing it's rare that you get to see through between the bogies and the body. This photo is the best I have to hand:

post-420-0-59579900-1496743439_thumb.jpg

You can see clear air between the body and the bogie, and if it had been taken from slightly lower that would be even more pronounced.

But it also shows that the top of the wheel is clear of the body and it may be here that a small compromise has had to be introduced because even RP25 wheelsets have overscale flanges. The priority has always been that the model looks good *and* performs well. This one is not intended to be a display cabinet queen!

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

I know, heres hoping they will be ready for Stafford 2018, no probs if not though. Not sure what to do with the 2 kits I have - could still build them I suppose.

Cheers

Simon

Well just placed my order for 92003 Grey and 92001 EWS, cannot wait. Now IZA's hmmmmm

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Premium

I don't need a second class 92.

I want a second class 92.....

Happy modelling.

Steven B

• Like 7

Hi Gang,

As I have already ordered some pure DC models, how do I go about upgrading some or all to DCCSound. I have paid the full cost up front so not paying the instalment plan currently.

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

Morning all,

I posted a short video on Facebook last night of the first EP for the class 92 that has arrived.  Unfortunately someone in China sent it in kit form so myself and Ben A built it last night and by just before midnight on the test track (9" curves!!), we had a functioning EP, which is primarily for Ben and Mike to check all the body and under-frame detailing is correct..  Buffers still to fit ;)

Here is a short taster for those of you that do not have FaceBook!...

Paul.

Edited by Only-Me
  • Like 3

Morning all,

I posted a short video on Facebook last night of the first EP for the class 92 that has arrived.  Unfortunately someone in China sent it in kit form so myself and Ben A built it last night and by just before midnight on the test track (9" curves!!), we had a functioning EP, which is primarily for Ben and Mike to check all the body and under-frame detailing is correct..  Buffers still to fit ;)

Here is a short taster for those of you that do not have FaceBook!...

Paul.

Nice video but it was just not long enough! :jester:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

So here is a slightly longer one... The 92 sample was put through its paces at last week's meeting of the Northants and Cambs Area Group of the NGS, running on the club's new Crowland Green layout.

Rapido have supplied a running sample, but the lights were added by Paul (only me) and do not represent the production version. Thanks to Richard for filming and uploading the video.

With the layout still at the tracklaying stage, and eventually depicted a line across the Cambridgeshire Fens in the mid 1960s, this was strictly a Rule 1 operating session, right down to the train - the three samples of the NGS forthcoming Carflat, which are on show this weekend at the GCR event.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

This week we completed another important step in the continuing development of the forthcoming Revolution/Rapido Class 92 - recording all the myriad noises for the DCC Sound version.

To produce our own exclusive and top quality files we were invited to Polmadie depot in Glasgow where Alstom, GBRf and Serco very kindly hosted us and put Caledonian Sleeper liveried 92014 with a driver at our disposal for the afternoon.

post-420-0-00482000-1498236093_thumb.jpg

From the pantographs to the sanders; the driver door slam to the compressors; and everything in between the loco was either static or trundling back and forth as our sound expert Legomanbiffo recorded numerous takes.

The best of each will then be selected and ether loaded as a separate sound - such as the air horns - or mixed to create the general operating noises such as starting up, pulling away, braking etc.

It is worth bearing in mind that even under DC power the chip will be able to control many of these sounds to represent the behaviour of the loco.

post-420-0-22582300-1498237381_thumb.jpg

And, sad as we are, we couldn't resist posing our tiny 1:148 sample model in the doorway of its grown-up counterpart...

post-420-0-45590900-1498237351_thumb.jpg

I also checked the gap between the loco body and the bogie.

post-420-0-62307800-1498236115_thumb.jpg

The prototype scales at just over 8.24, the model is around 8.35, so I think the difference of 0.11mm (just over 1.5cm scaled) is acceptable.

Once the experienced professionals at Rapido have passed the sample then a further EP will be produced with the factory lights etc fitted, and at that point we will be ready to specify liveries and move to production.

This process may not take too long, so while we are not ready to close the order book yet we would urge anyone interested to at least get a deposit down to avoid inadvertently missing out on the discounted pre-order price.

Once again a huge thank you to all those who have supported, and continue to support, our humble efforts - none of this could happen without enthusiasts coming together to do things for themselves!

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A
  • Like 10

Hi Guys;

Great news about the sound recording. Polmadie is one of my most favourite places...from my teenage years...right up to the present day!!

How do I upgrade some of my order of fully paid DC models to Dcc Sound. Would this be a viable option or is it better to cancel and reorder...

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

Edited by Stu from EGDL

• RMweb Gold

Folks

Don't worry too much about any invoices for 3rd installments I think there has been a glitch with a recent software update (but difficult to check from a small tablet on the other side of the world).

Obviously if you pay the 3rd invoice no harm will come to your order (though I can't vouch for your bank account!).

Apologies for any inconvenience. We will let people know deadlines for paying various installments - not all the second Installments have gone out yet!

Cheers Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ben,

Will the pantographs be available seperately? I bet there'd be a good amount of people who would be up for some!

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

We will look into this, but the issue is that it's not just a case of producing "a few extra" while the main production ones are done.

For a start, they need to be packaged so they reach us, and then reach you, safely. In the factory's eyes this turns it into a different product line, and triggers the usual MOQ questions.

The only real way I think we could make this could work is to get a price for, say, 500 blister packed pairs and see if there are enough pre-orders to take it forward.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Folks

Don't worry too much about any invoices for 3rd installments I think there has been a glitch with a recent software update (but difficult to check from a small tablet on the other side of the world).

Obviously if you pay the 3rd invoice no harm will come to your order (though I can't vouch for your bank account!).

Apologies for any inconvenience. We will let people know deadlines for paying various installments - not all the second Installments have gone out yet!

Cheers Mike

Does that mean you are in China Playing with the Pendolinos! Edited by roundhouse

Hi Jeremy,

We will look into this, but the issue is that it's not just a case of producing "a few extra" while the main production ones are done.

For a start, they need to be packaged so they reach us, and then reach you, safely. In the factory's eyes this turns it into a different product line, and triggers the usual MOQ questions.

The only real way I think we could make this could work is to get a price for, say, 500 blister packed pairs and see if there are enough pre-orders to take it forward.

Cheers

Ben A.

I'd buy several pairs!

I had the part 3 invoice this morning and paid it immediately. I've now had the part 2 invoice as well. Do you want them both paid now? Or can I leave "invoice 2" unpaid for now, as I've already paid "invoice 3" ?

Justin

• 1 month later...

Hi Ben and Mike,

I sent an email 4 weeks ago about changing the liveries on my orders for a Class 92 and some KFA wagons, but have not yet heard whether the order changes have been done. Woukd it be easier if I just cancelled the original orders and then reordered?

Cheers,

Harry Reed