Blyth to Hunterston FL flow

Hi Guys,

Would anyone be able to advise what it is that Freightliner are moving from Blyth to Hunterston? Its a flow that's been running for around a month but having only seen the empties going back to Carlisle Yard, it would be interesting to know. Seems to be a regular Tuesday and Thursday working.

Thanks

This is interesting. I haven't seen any Freightliner trains on the Blyth & Tyne for ages. The only facilities at Blyth are the coal terminal and Alcan alumina loading point, both at North Blyth

Are the empties you've seen coal hoppers?  I'd also be interested to know. Anything on Realtime trains?

Mal

This is interesting. I haven't seen any Freightliner trains on the Blyth & Tyne for ages. The only facilities at Blyth are the coal terminal and Alcan alumina loading point, both at North Blyth

Are the empties you've seen coal hoppers?  I'd also be interested to know. Anything on Realtime trains?

Mal

Hi Mal,

the wagons are the new "box" type that FL have. The train is running to Hunterston low level so I wouldn't be expecting to see conventional hopper wagons as there are only grab loading facilities at the low level.

Link to RTT.....http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R01351/2016/10/05/advanced

Any takers for the commodity being moved?

Funnily enough. I was wondering what was in the wagons as I had been working in Troon and kept seeing at Freightliner 66 going past with new box wagons. My questions were answered on Tuesday when I ended up on a roof of a building overlooking the Largs branch and managed to see that it was coal. There was still some in the bottom of the wagons on the return leg.

Archived