Frothing for 2017

Crepello

A great start to the froth.

So yes, the maroon Hawksworths - bring them on! But the great omission in the Hawksworth range is the brake composite - essential for the BR/WR light branch/cross-country trains which were so often formed of Hawksworths.

Or bring out the Collett non-corridor suburban/branch coaching stock.

And for locos - shrink the BR 4MT 4-6-0 down from 00 to N! Would a "Dukedog" shrinkdown be feasible? Or a Dean Goods new tooling?

Or put a BR Standard 2MT body on the Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0 chassis.

Or just make and ship the BR Standard 3MT 2-6-2T in unlined green instead of just teasing us since the 2012 catalogue.

I'm not convinced there will be much at all announced in the coming year.

Hopefully the NGS priming the Thompson coach range with the full brake might lead to those being shrunk, though the line I've had from within Bachmann is that "the N-gauge coach market is saturated at the moment".

Apart from that I'd like to see the 101 centre trailer issued as a stand alone item.  - and the next pair of A1s done as a Darlington one with late crest and a Doncaster one with early (opposite way round to the first pair, actual numbers don't bother me that much, it is the flush versus snap-head riveting that is the issue.)  The A1s might not yet be due for another run, however.

Les

Edited by Les1952

Les,

Agree on the Thompsons - the market might be saturated, but there isn't (other than kits) a convincing set of East Coast stock for the 1950s - and Thompson's carriages ooze style, in my opinion.

Solid progress on the J72 would be welcome, but realistically it must be a year or more away.

Regards,

Roy

I'm not convinced there will be much at all announced in the coming year.

Hopefully the NGS priming the Thompson coach range with the full brake might lead to those being shrunk, though the line I've had from within Bachmann is that "the N-gauge coach market is saturated at the moment".

Probably some truth in that, there certainly seems to be a glut of some vehicles on the market; traders seem swimming in SR Green Mk1 FOs, for example.  RFOs are even worse, to be honest I can't see the logic behind making that coach at all in the absence of the kitchen cars they commonly ran with (i.e not RUs)

• Like 1

Probably some truth in that, there certainly seems to be a glut of some vehicles on the market; traders seem swimming in SR Green Mk1 FOs, for example.  RFOs are even worse, to be honest I can't see the logic behind making that coach at all in the absence of the kitchen cars they commonly ran with (i.e not RUs)

Hallo,

The poll is now open, time for us to vote for RK(B), RB®........ 

es grüßt

pc

They are still catching up with work on bringing models to market that were announced a while back and will not be announcing new ones unless they are at a sufficiently advanced stage of development and are sure that they can be launched in the life time of the brochure/catalogue where they first appear.

So although they are likely to launch a new brochure in the early part of next year it will probably include slim pickings of new previously unannounced products. Be prepared to feast on the 'in development' products already announced (like the Castle, class 40, birdcage stock, class 319 and so on) rather than a host of new flavours by way of new additions. Frothing is definitely very much not the current coffee fad for N gauge and is probably a waste of time. Drink tea with no froth instead.

G.

Edited by grahame

• RMweb Premium

So although they are likely to launch a new brochure in the early part of next year it will probably include slim pickings of new previously unannounced products. 

If pickings of new announcements get any slimmer than in the past couple of years they will be non existent. 

I hope I am wrong, but I  tend to agree with Grahame, I am not expecting anything of significance to be announced. There are still models from previous announcements that are not even at CAD stage yet and re-liveries without delivery dates and I think they may want to deal with those first.

If and when we do see new announcements, from what Bachmann have said they will take place much later in the development process so at least there shouldn't be the long delays between announcement and delivery experienced in recent years.

So, safe to say I will not be frothing as much come the new catalogue.

To be honest I'll be happy to have the already listed weathered Ivatt  - with a Wickness sound install courtesy of Zimo/Youchoos of course!

Roy

I would buy a set of BR maroon Hawksworth coaches.  It seems like an obvious thing to do as I'm sure they would be popular.

I'm sure the NGS Thompson BG will result in a range of suitable coaches, but I wouldn't like to guess when they'd arrive.

A Class 101 trailer on its own would be useful.

Talking of DMUs, an N-gauge version of the class 117 in green would be a 'must have' for me and I'm sure plenty of others would like to see a high-density, long underframe unit.  But I'm quite prepared for there to be no new tooling items announced this year, maybe the 117 will come in 2018?

They are still catching up with work on bringing models to market that were announced a while back and will not be announcing new ones unless they are at a sufficiently advanced stage of development and are sure that they can be launched in the life time of the brochure/catalogue where they first appear.

So although they are likely to launch a new brochure in the early part of next year it will probably include slim pickings of new previously unannounced products. Be prepared to feast on the 'in development' products already announced (like the Castle, class 40, birdcage stock, class 319 and so on) rather than a host of new flavours by way of new additions. Frothing is definitely very much not the current coffee fad for N gauge and is probably a waste of time. Drink tea with no froth instead.

G.

Spoilsport - frothing is fun!

You will note I had already said I wasn't expecting much if anything new (and my gap fillers were exactly that- variants of stuff they have already done and which are like rocking horse droppings)...

Les

• RMweb Premium

A fresh run of Blue Large Logo 37's, either another 37/4 or a unrefurbished example like 37262 would be welcome. Better still a set including a Class 101 observation car would be nice.

37407 sold out very quickly and what few still appear often are going for crazy prices now.

• Like 1

The lack of the Hawksworth and Bulleid BCKs is a bit of a disappointment. Like Maroon Hawksworths they seem like low-hanging fruit and it is puzzling they have not been done.

Dapol plug the gap to some extent as they offer Collett and Maunsell BCKs (the latter coming soon and definitely on my shopping list ;)).

As mentioned above, I am not expecting many new announcements in the near future. Having said that, I do keep hoping that City of Truro will finally make its way through Barwell's shrink-ray.

• Like 1

A fresh run of Blue Large Logo 37's, either another 37/4 or a unrefurbished example like 37262 would be welcome. Better still a set including a Class 101 observation car would be nice.

37407 sold out very quickly and what few still appear often are going for crazy prices now.

Absolutely agree about another Large Logo Blue 37/4. I hesitated a bit too long on this one and regretted it. Another run of these with a different number would be very good and I would not hesitate for a moment this time.

It is also clear from the second-hand prices that they are fetching that another run of Network Rail yellow 37s would also be popular (although not for me personally).

Some more 47 liveries would also be good, e.g. Railfreight Grey, Railfreight Red Stripe, Railfreight Distribution (original triple grey), Trainload Metals/Construction/Petroleum, Civil Engineering 'Dutch', etc. Popular liveries - most of which have been done on the 37 but none on the 47 yet.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It would be great to see some more progress on some of the already announced projects.  I agree that Farish could also do a lot more with their existing tooling (particularly 37s and 47s).

In terms of new things there some obvious things they could shrink down from 4mm: 2EPB, 2HAP, 85, updated 90, 117, 450, S stock, Wickham trolley (OK now I'm just dreaming!), updated FFA/FGA...

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Premium

We seem to be getting away with frothing so far without Andy's clunking great fist coming down on us! Some good suggestions so far--keep it up. I particularly like Tim H's one for a Mark 1 FK to go with the Carflats.

New Castle coming too which means GWR modellers will finally have a top-link loco to modern standards for our expresses. The LMS and LNER have plenty to choose from and even the SR have their Merchant Navy so this is very welcome.