Frothing for 2017

Crepello

• RMweb Premium
It is also clear from the second-hand prices that they are fetching that another run of Network Rail yellow 37s would also be popular (although not for me personally).

Bloody hell! Maybe I should sell mine, not sure I've ever used it! :O

Edited by njee20

At the risk of frothing off the deep end, how about more 45/46 variants?  Flush front and split box?  Or is the Peak too long in the tooth now?

Presumably they can utilise the new Class 40 Chassis as the existing Peak chassis is not DCC  ready. The bodies are perfectly OK. I would certainly like some more Peaks especially the split-headcode version.

Presumably they can utilise the new Class 40 Chassis as the existing Peak chassis is not DCC  ready. The bodies are perfectly OK. I would certainly like some more Peaks especially the split-headcode version.

The 40 is quite a bit longer than the 45, so they can't use the same chassis unless the bogie centres are adjustable.

As others have said, a Class 117 DMU is a much wanted unit in N gauge to complement the Class 101 & 108.

It's covered a fair few regions from Network southeast, the south west, The midlands, & even Scotland, so I think it would be very popular.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

Finally putting the ex-Poole 25/3 to bed would be my preference, the 25/1 makes it both redundant and more needed. Refurbing the class 31 would be a winner too, all those livery variants!

I'd go for a high density DMU too, a 116 would be preferable, but I suppose I could live with a 117 if I absolutely had to.

• Like 1

They don't appear to have much in development locomotiv wise so the backlog is clearing, Castle is in production (or will be soon if its here in Feb), 40 won't be too far behind, just the J72 and 319 to go really. Will we see more loco's announced? Probably but not many I reckon, maybe the last 40 variant and 1 or 2 steamers - each of the big 4 has a top link engine, mixed trafic engine and a tank engine except a southern tank and a GWR mixed traffic tender.

Most logical GWR mixed traffic is either the Modified hall or the 43XX 2-6-0 not sure which they would go for though but not sure which southern tank, O2, SECR H?

Most logical GWR mixed traffic is either the Modified hall or the 43XX 2-6-0 not sure which they would go for though but not sure which southern tank, O2, SECR H?

Modified Hall would seem sensible since they do the 00 version (although given its reception they might not bother). Whether the market has been saturated by the Dapol Halls is another matter. The GWR Moguls are already on their way from DJM although given that there is quite a bit in the queue in front of them, I don't know if that would necessarily be a problem for Farish.

Guys

I agree with comments regarding 37's and 47's would like to see a Motherwell 37/3 and also the 117 DMU would be great used to travel on them from Fife to Edinburgh in the mid to late 90's also the class 08 in Scotrail regional livery

Wagons I would like to see the OTA timber wagon and the PTA/JUA wagon

Pie in the sky would be the class 06

Think it will be a consolidation year would also like to see better sets from them most of diesel ones have been green or blue era or not suitable for my region.

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Guys

I agree with comments regarding 37's and 47's would like to see a Motherwell 37/3 and also the 117 DMU would be great used to travel on them from Fife to Edinburgh in the mid to late 90's also the class 08 in Scotrail regional livery

Wagons I would like to see the OTA timber wagon and the PTA/JUA wagon

Pie in the sky would be the class 06

Think it will be a consolidation year would also like to see better sets from them most of diesel ones have been green or blue era or not suitable for my region.

Dave

Particularly agree with the PTA/JUA; you can't just buy one of these so it should be a big seller. Rotary couplings too?

Large Logo 37407 (non-DCC fitted) just sold on eBay for 133 quid plus shipping. The prices these fetch will only go up as people realise it is the only way they will get them, much like the Network Rail yellow ones.

I really hope another Large Logo 37/4 run is done.

Edited by 47475

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Large Logo 37407 (non-DCC fitted) just sold on eBay for 133 quid plus shipping. The prices these fetch will only go up as people realise it is the only way they will get them, much like the Network Rail yellow ones.

I really hope another Large Logo 37/4 run is done.

I have one I bought when I was going to do a 90s china clay layout which I no longer require. Its only been out of the box to test run. If somebody wants to give me £100 plus p&p its theirs. Otherwise if they are going for £130.00 plus I shall pop it on ebay - pm me if interested.

Jerry 

Despite the frother offer from Aldi, the foam seems to have sunk and disappeared on this thread.

So what we really need from Farish in the new year is a 2EPB emu - just a matter of shrinking down the OO version which they still seem to be churning out regularly in new liveries so it must have been a great success. Let's now have it in N gauge scale.

G.

• Like 1

Despite the frother offer from Aldi, the foam seems to have sunk and disappeared on this thread.

So what we really need from Farish in the new year is a 2EPB emu - just a matter of shrinking down the OO version which they still seem to be churning out regularly in new liveries so it must have been a great success. Let's now have it in N gauge scale.

G.

Couldn't agree more.  It seems such an obvious choice.   The way things are going though, we'll probably get another 92.

Mark