2mm Scale Association AGM 2016

antyeates1983

Here are photos of the competition winners from yesterday's extravaganza at The Model Railway Club in London.

post-8304-0-18890600-1476635743_thumb.jpg

Groves Trophy - Nigel Ashton for GWR Duke 3287 "Mercury".

post-8304-0-15188300-1476635585_thumb.jpg

Neil Ballantine Quaich - Alan Whitehouse for Class 123 four-car DMU (one car shown here).

post-8304-0-33912000-1476635685_thumb.jpgpost-8304-0-79439200-1476635716_thumb.jpg

Dreadnought Trophy - David Eveleigh for North London coaches.

post-8304-0-74998200-1476635611_thumb.jpg

John Barker Trophy - Andy Carlson for "Putting a tiger in your tank" (ESSO tank wagons).

post-8304-0-71627600-1476635871_thumb.jpg

Willis Cup - Laurie Adams for point rodding.

post-8304-0-22480000-1476635794_thumb.jpg

Malcolm Stone Award - Andrew Gibson for Bridge TJC3/155 at Swinton.

post-8304-0-73103700-1476635771_thumb.jpg

Members' Choice Cup - Ian Smith for Great Western Metro Tank.

post-8304-0-04761800-1476635639_thumb.jpg

Chairman's Trophy - Tom Knapp for PAGET London Christian Mission building.

Photos of the other entries will find their way into the 2mm Magazine.

Other awards were as follows:

Mike Bryant Cup - Steve Cooper for services rendered (running Shop 2).

Geoff Balfour Memorial Award - Ian Smith for his article on baulk road trackwork.

Geoff Jones Layout Trophy - Tony Simms for Brafferton.

• RMweb Premium

Been  out celebrating the Duke success with all day running on John Greenwood's Wadebridge today at the Uckfield Show. Layout was awarded best in show, so further accolades for John. Jerry should be posting more pics on the North Corwall topic. in the meantime, here's one I took.

post-25417-0-60116700-1476648422_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Been  out celebrating the Duke success with all day running on John Greenwood's Wadebridge today at the Uckfield Show. Layout was awarded best in show, so further accolades for John. Jerry should be posting more pics on the North Corwall topic. in the meantime, here's one I took.

attachicon.gifIMG_0814 copy.jpg

Just back from an exhausting but very enjoyable weekend at Uckfield. As well as Nigel's superb Duke we also had a rake of Steve Sykes beautiful pre-group wagons running. I will post some pictures on the North Cornwall thread when I get a chance to process them.

Jerry

That's a nice surprise!  :stinker:

You should have had an email from me about it, Tony. Congratulations btw.

The trophy was accepted on your behalf and is in the care of someone (I forget who...)!

I have the trophy and certificate at present. Hopefully we can arrange a suitable presentation sometime soon (next NEAG meeting maybe?)

Andy

Here are photos of the competition winners from yesterday's extravaganza at The Model Railway Club in London.

Chairman's Trophy - Tom Knapp for PAGET London Christian Mission building.

I trust Tom will be flying back from San Francisco to collect his trophy!

Great photos, BTW. Would have liked to have attended the AGM, but a bit too far from Cornwall.

I've just been writing up the competition entry details for Anthony to use when he publishes the photos in the 2mm Magazine. There were 32 entries in the competitions, made up as follows;

5 entries for the Groves Trophy (best loco produced during the year, judged on appearance, running and mechanical excellence)

7 entries for the Ballantine Quaich (best converted or modified proprietary loco)

7 entries for the Dreadnought Trophy (best coaching stock)

4 entries for the John Barker Trophy (best rolling stock model excluding Dreadnought Trophy entries)

6 entries for the Malcolm Stone Award (best non-rolling stock model)

3 entries for the Willis Cup (best technical development)

In the past there have been some years where we've not awarded some of the trophies due to a lack of entries, so it was good to see a healthy number of entries in all categories this time round.

Andy

Could the web page now be updated as you have all the facts and photos?  But probably not the time! as  I note it was mid November last year before the amendments were made to the home page. ( which I consider, for browsers, to be the uppermost advert for 2mm )  

It's in hand, but as the person who took all the photos is also the 2mm magazine editor and will be putting the next issue to bed at the moment, I guess that this has taken priority.

Andy

Edit - see post 16 below.

Andy

I've just been writing up the competition entry details for Anthony to use when he publishes the photos in the 2mm Magazine. There were 32 entries in the competitions, made up as follows;

5 entries for the Groves Trophy (best loco produced during the year, judged on appearance, running and mechanical excellence)

7 entries for the Ballantine Quaich (best converted or modified proprietary loco)

7 entries for the Dreadnought Trophy (best coaching stock)

4 entries for the John Barker Trophy (best rolling stock model excluding Dreadnought Trophy entries)

6 entries for the Malcolm Stone Award (best non-rolling stock model)

3 entries for the Willis Cup (best technical development)

In the past there have been some years where we've not awarded some of the trophies due to a lack of entries, so it was good to see a healthy number of entries in all categories this time round.

Andy

Good to hear. Thanks for the round-up, Andy. Looks like a proper competition this year! Only wish I could have made the AGM. But I'll look forward to reading all about it... :read:

• RMweb Premium

Good to hear. Thanks for the round-up, Andy. Looks like a proper competition this year! Only wish I could have made the AGM. But I'll look forward to reading all about it... :read:

Shame you couldn't see Nigel's 'Duke', Phil, as you would have loved it. I had the pleasure of running it up and down the MRC test track and its running is as delightful as its looks. However, being me, I was rather swayed by Andy Carlson's 'Warship' . . .

David

Could the web page now be updated as you have all the facts and photos?  But probably not the time! as  I note it was mid November last year before the amendments were made to the home page. ( which I consider, for browsers, to be the uppermost advert for 2mm )  

The website has now been updated with photos of the winners and details gleaned from the competition entry forms. Photos of the other entries will follow in due course.

http://www.2mm.org.uk/galleries/agm-2016/index.htm

Thanks to Anthony and Nigel for taking the photos and updating the website respectively.

Andy

Archived