SWAG 2017 - Scratchbuild a Lineside Item Challenge - (SLIC)

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

As a bit of fun, I can hereby announce the 2017 SWAG Party Scratchbuild a Lineside Item Challenge.  (SLIC)

The items will need to be brought on the day (Sunday April 30th) or posted to a nominated person (tbc) beforehand, and members on the day will be able to vote for their favourite item.

Once completed, if the entrant is happy to donate their item, they will be added to a plain module (by a person or persons tbc) which can then be used in future SWAG Party module layouts.

Some guidelines :

• Line side items only - but this could be buildings, huts, road vehicles, goods yard items, etc
  • 4mm / 1:76 scale only - so they can be used on the module afterwards

Other guidelines might be added later.

You have 6 months - go !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bump - no takers so far ?

(and yes, I'm planning to build a toilet...)

I shall see what I can knock up. I have never scratch built anything before so will give it a go.

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Bump - no takers so far ?

(and yes, I'm planning to build a toilet...)

Sorry Stub but not convinced by the idea. Im all for encouraging people to build something to bring along but restricting the scale it's built in and having to donate your handiwork after puts me off. Also, with no restriction on what is built, other than it being a lineside feature, the odds of them all being included on a module in any sort of coherent way seems slim to me

I will be bringing a number of new things I've built this year along with me to share but they'll be in 2mm and all be coming home with me after

• RMweb Gold

Jerry,

You're quite right, not everyone is going to want to take part, or donate their finished item.

Hopefully though, it may encourage some to have a go at something, knowing that what they make will be on display on the module.

As to the module being no more than a collection of random items, that again is partly the idea, so members can say 'That bit's mine'. (I get a real buzz seeing my caravans on DitD and buildings on BCB).

And as the modules are generally all 4mm ( although I did make one previously at about 1/24 scale) it just seemed a natural choice. It would be interesting to blend a 2mm item into the scene.

Stu

Archived