Anyone seen this month's Railway Modeller?

There's an article about a guy who is using 'outdoor gauges' on an indoor layout, including live steam. Someone here has probably seen him at an exhibition somewhere as one picture seemed to be from such an event. I haven't read the article as I was skimming it in the supermarket, but it looked really interesting.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

It has been done before. The ALSRM show at reading has featured such layout built I believe by the same team that built the 0 gauge Runswick Bay.

A friend with a 16mm garden layout also has a line round his workshop which is quite handy on a wet day.

However if you go to the 16mm assocition big show at Peterborough there will be quite a number of layouts all running live steam.

Try this link http://timpdon.co.uk/timpdon/index.htm Timpdon LAke railway is superb.

Don

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This month's has two garden railways featured, including the Axe Valley Railway, which is the cover star.

I have to say Axe Valley blew me away. A lovely layout. Very inspirational. It may very well be the one thing that has swayed me toward a garden layout (eventually). The builder certainly seemed to know what he was talking about. 

• 4 weeks later...

I believe that Railway Modeller has also ran an article on the SVR's Hampton loade garden railway?

Great article Night Thunder, are you not involved there and mentioned in the mag' yourself? or am i thinking of someone else?

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Many years ago there was an indoors live steam model railway called Lynbridge built into the house of a very talented modeller by the name of (I think) Henry Holdsworth.

I believe it was a permanent fixture rather than a portable erected indoors to keep out of the cold.

Many years ago there was an indoors live steam model railway called Lynbridge built into the house of a very talented modeller by the name of (I think) Henry Holdsworth.

I believe it was a permanent fixture rather than a portable erected indoors to keep out of the cold.

And on his death it was broken up and sold off ,which was a real shame  .phil;