Hornby Announce Mk1 FO and BSO

MGR Hooper!

Hornby has a history of putting wrong interiors into coaches. Perhaps we might have to tolerate compartments in an “open” coach. Then perhaps Hornby has tried to compensate by leaving the lavatories open.

Which ones were you thinking of? The only one I recall is the Mk2a BSO where the problem was not that the interior had compartments, but that the coach was decorated as a 2nd class one when it was in fact a BFK (and indeed the original Triang-Hornby version had been a BFK).

Which ones were you thinking of? The only one I recall is the Mk2a BSO where the problem was not that the interior had compartments, but that the coach was decorated as a 2nd class one when it was in fact a BFK (and indeed the original Triang-Hornby version had been a BFK).

Some of the FGW blue sleepers had MK3 open interiors, although you couldn't them they had them! 

• RMweb Gold

The CAD on the Engine Shed announcement shows the correct interior moulding so the side on photo on the product page had to be a photo shop.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/10730/

Ah thats good news, hadn't seen that one....

Cheers

Phil

reminds me of some posts you see on FACEBOOK where you get folk make statements such as "what a bad day today"......or   "I cannot believe it!" leaving everyone else bemused and having little choice but to get sucked into their world wondering what on earth they are referring to..........Oh, it was the wrong interior moulding.  Got it now........

• 3 months later...

I'm somewhat confused. The Mk1 FO has already been done has it not? Fairly recently, by Bachmann. I have one of each in three different liveries (blue/grey, maroon and crimson/cream).

Is the Hornby Mk1 FO different to the Bachmann one? In other words, is there more than one type of Mk1 FO?

Edited by southernelectric

I'm somewhat confused. The Mk1 FO has already been done has it not? Fairly recently, by Bachmann. I have one of each in three different liveries (blue/grey, maroon and crimson/cream).

Is the Hornby Mk1 FO different to the Bachmann one? In other words, is there more than one type of Mk1 FO?

Different diagrams. The Bachmann version very few were made, its based on the RFO version. The Hornby version is based on a prototype of hundreds.