Topics and replies

Siphon208

• 3 years later...
On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 16:27, Siphon208 said:

How come  a post can have 120 views, but no replies? I have put 2 posts on here now, and people have viewed, but not replied- does anyone else have this problem?

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 17:16, beast66606 said:

I find putting the topic in the right section helps get better responses

During the lockdown and with lots of free time on my hands I've been wading through this 'Very General Section' which has over 440 pages, and have been surprised at how many topics have been started in this UK Prototype Questions  section that would be better placed in their own more specific section.

For example, there are Somerset & Dorset questions here, but there is a Somerset & Dorset section under  ... Prototype,  Special Interests - UK Prototype

There are WR/GWR questions that would be better placed under .... Special Interests, GWR Rolling Stock Model & Prototype 

There are lots more sections under ... Prototype,  Special Interests - UK Prototype ... for all sorts of interests ... for example Class 37 questions ...  and there's loads more.

If questions are placed in their own section you are more likely to reach the experts in those subjects.

The problem with putting topics in this 'General' section is that it's so big that your topic soon disappears off the bottom of the first page and then it's easily missed by the people who have your specific interest.

Peter.  

Edited by Combe Martin
  • Agree 1

On the other hand, it will be seen by more people, some of whom might have the answer. For instance, I don't have sufficient interest in the S&DJR as such to open the specific section, but I do have some knowledge of the subject from the LMS loco side, some of which might be relevant.

• Agree 1

On 01/06/2020 at 10:01, LMS2968 said:

On the other hand, it will be seen by more people, some of whom might have the answer. For instance, I don't have sufficient interest in the S&DJR as such to open the specific section, but I do have some knowledge of the subject from the LMS loco side, some of which might be relevant.

I also tend to view the Prototype Questions and Prototype Discussion forums regularly.

What is important is getting some detail into the question being asked, and perhaps adding some tags. For example I always look at questions about freight/1970s/1980s,

cheers 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1