Farish Mk 2 Intercity Swallow

justin1985

Have Farish ever produced their Mk2 air-cons in Intercity Swallow livery? After the Mk3s in that livery in last year's catalogue, I was hoping that the Mk2e's would follow this year, but no luck.

As far as I can tell, the only Mk2s produced under Bachmann-Farish have been in FGW "fag packet", Virgin red\grey and most recently blue and grey with intercity branding. Judging from eBay, Poole Farish also produced loads of Virgin livery on the newer flush sided body, as well as Scotrail, NSE etc. However the only Intercity ones I have seen from that era have the older style sans-serif "Inter-City" branding, and had the older style insert windows. Does Swallow livery exist at all on Farish mk2s ?

Cheers

Justin

• RMweb Gold

Poole did produce INTERCITY livery MkIIs around 1990 ish, product numbers were 0807 for the TSO and 0817 for the FO if I remember correctly. Still pop up on Ebay and swapmeets.

Stu

Poole did produce INTERCITY livery MkIIs around 1990 ish, product numbers were 0807 for the TSO and 0817 for the FO if I remember correctly.

The first batch of TSOs accidentally used the FO tampo sides so ended up with seven windows. Interestingly this made them just about right for the reseated FOs converted to 'commuter' TSOs that were in Anglia IC formations at the time. They got the TSO right for the second batch.

The first batch of TSOs accidentally used the FO tampo sides so ended up with seven windows. Interestingly this made them just about right for the reseated FOs converted to 'commuter' TSOs that were in Anglia IC formations at the time.

Many thanks, I will keep a closer eye on eBay. The old Inter-City ones do seem to crop up an awful lot, Poole must have made them by the thousands (or perhaps just no-one wants them ...)

Cheers

Justin

Many thanks, I will keep a closer eye on eBay. The old Inter-City ones do seem to crop up an awful lot, Poole must have made them by the thousands (or perhaps just no-one wants them ...)

Cheers

Justin

Would be great if Farish would introduce them brand new. We now have the InterCity excec Class 47, they would be an ideal match. I can't understand why we have 'InterCity' mark 1's...but no mark 2 air cons :blink:

Cheers

Justin

I could really do with a rake of swallow livery air cons or two - I started collecting the old farish ones but I found the paint flakes off them extremely easily - also the livery on the first class ones seemed a completely different to the standard class . Did they ever do a brake - as i've never seen one?

tfn

Jon

• RMweb Gold

I could do vinyls for the IC Mark 2s if anybody's interested.

As I tend to work to order, it would be possible to specify numbers, branding (Exec or Swallow) and whether you want CDL lights or not.

Please feel free to PM me.

Archived