Iowa Central Railway

JAMO

Ok, hands up everyone who has more locos than track to fit them on, all at once..?? :rolleyes:

No hiding at the back, there, Mr Jamo... :D

Unless I'm forgetting some, I've only got a mere 7 locos for my tiny plank. I think they'd all fit on the track (Not counting my ancient UK OO stuff).

Freight cars on the other hand, I'm not sure my entire collection would fit on the baseboard, never mind the track.

• Like 1

NO NO NO, stop it, it's not fair, Alco RS1's,i will not weaken, I will not!!!!!!!!

Note/temptation for Ray; the Atlas RS1 is a rather better/more accurate model that the RS3. ;)

I believe the Factory-DCC RS1 also comes with a smoke generator. *evil laugh smiley* :mosking:

• Like 1

Ok, hands up everyone who has more locos than track to fit them on, all at once..?? :rolleyes:

No hiding at the back, there, Mr Jamo... :D

:D :D :D

Yes, at this time, I have more locos than track but I have too: more cars than track: 12 locomotives and a near 30 cars.

:D :D :D

Hand up here. 8 locomotives for my tiny plank.

Excellent work Jamo. Again, I am on the list of people who must resist the charms of O gauge.

Ah! I'm not alone!

To resist to the charms of the O gauge? Yes, but I think one day you'll have a try like me.

And now I'm hooked by this magical scale.

I still like N and HO scale. Each scale has its advantages.

Thank you for your compliments. I have a lot of fun modelling O scale trains.

Note/temptation for Ray; the Atlas RS1 is a rather better/more accurate model that the RS3. ;)

I believe the Factory-DCC RS1 also comes with a smoke generator. *evil laugh smiley* :mosking:

Yes the comparation between the RS-3 and the RS-1 shows the RS-1 is really a better detailed model.

Mine is DCC ready. No sound, no smoke.

Thanks for the photo. I am a Norfolk Southern locomotive engineer; third generation Central of Georgia. Glad to see we're represented in France!

Regards,

Tom Holley

Tom, a friend of mine in France has a big 6 axle diesel in vintage paint of the Central of Georgia. A nice model!

And glad to learn you are a locomotive engineer in the USA! I believe you drive big diesels and pull looooong trains?

50-footers "too  long"??!! You'd better not borrow my MTH Center-beam Flats, then!! :mosking: :D

Yes Jordan, I remember the photos with your looooong cars in the sharp curves. :good:

But you model modern era and I model early 60's. So I don't think you have to loan me your Center beam flats :dancer:

• Like 1

Tom, a friend of mine in France has a big 6 axle diesel in vintage paint of the Central of Georgia. A nice model!

And glad to learn you are a locomotive engineer in the USA! I believe you drive big diesels and pull looooong trains?

Hello, Jack. I am currently on a switch engine, but a good portion of my career was spent on three big engines and long trains. On my district, road power is three Dash 9s or equivalent and around 10,000 tons. The Birmingham District of the Central always had to have the biggest power we had. Regards, Tom Holley

Waow! That's interesting Tom.

10,000 tons? That's impressive. Here in France when we can see 2,000 tons trains it's great! :)

What kind of switcher do you drive? Have you a photo please?

Waow! That's interesting Tom.

10,000 tons? That's impressive. Here in France when we can see 2,000 tons trains it's great! :)

What kind of switcher do you drive? Have you a photo please?

I am currently on a paper mill switch engine at Coosa Pines, AL. Our power is usually a CSXT four axle engine and a NS four axle engine. Our power this week has been NS 4627. I normally don't take pictures at work, but I'll see if I can get you one next week. I am offline Saturday nights through Thursday, as I rent a place up there and don't have Internet access. I'll be back and send you a shot on Thursday.

I also have a web site with photos I took in the 1970s and 1980s in and around Columbus, GA of Southern Railway power. Feel free to take a look. The address is: https://tomstrainpictures.shutterfly.com/pictures/8. Feel free to take a look.

Regards,

Tom Holley

• Like 1

Thank you Tom.

Your photos are great!

I like especially this one:

gallery_27876_4070_94397.jpg

...and the A&M Alcos!

Southern black and white scheme is nice! The high nose GP-30s look big engines.

Thank you to share.

• Like 1

Thank you Tom.

Your photos are great!

I like especially this one:

gallery_27876_4070_94397.jpg

...and the A&M Alcos!

Southern black and white scheme is nice! The high nose GP-30s look big engines.

Thank you to share.

Hello, Jack. Thanks for the kind words. Those photos are the tip of the iceberg; I have many more to scan and post. I just don't have the time. When I retire I'll try to be more productive.

The Chattahoochie Valley Alco was one of two engines they had; they also had a SW1500. They were owned by a textile mill company, and ran from West Point, GA to Bleecker, AL. They were abandoned in the 1980s when the cotton mills went out of business.

Regards,

Tom Holley

Here is the last version of my layout trackplan. You can see the second part of my project (MARKI'S STREET and WORKSHOP YARD).

The name anf the plan of "Workshop yard" can change. It's not definitive. I've just choosen this name because my workbench is located just under. :mail:

gallery_27876_4092_31864.gif

• Like 5