The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

What is "Luck"

chris p bacon

[

Oh Lucky, LUCKY MAN!

Clearly by posting this yesterday

Which reminds me, I must get a Euromillions ticket.....

I enhanced my luck because today I received notification from the 'International FIFA World Cup Online Lottery', yes, that one, that owing to a cock up I have now won £725,000:00!!. Tax Free!

post-6861-0-27608700-1477391442.jpg

And I never even entered!

Keep it quiet lads whilst I send off my bank account details, passport, fingerprints and retina scans because apparently;

"this information must be kept away from public to avoid unwarranted abuse of the program or fraudulent acts from criminally minded and unauthorized persons".

Are there really criminally minded people out there committing fraudulent acts? I am shocked.

...I am lucky. How can I be sure? Well, because if my luck holds for another 3 weeks I will attain 68 years. I am in reasonable health. I own my own house. I have a couple of pensions and a new wife.....

http://youtu.be/k_mpaF5-SlU

.....Are there really criminally minded people out there committing fraudulent acts?

No, they're just trying their, er, luck.....*kof*

You say Lucky,   but I look at it they they saw in you Potential and skill.

I better phrase it slightly differently.

It was luck to be in the right place at the right time to hear about the opportunity.

As for your other comments. I think they actually wanted a stroppy, argumentative, thick skinned person to sort things out when the brown stuff hit the fan. I suppose you could consider it as a type of skill.

Bernard

• RMweb Gold

It was luck to be in the right place at the right time to hear about the opportunity.

As for your other comments. I think they actually wanted a stroppy, argumentative, thick skinned person to sort things out when the brown stuff hit the fan. I suppose you could consider it as a type of skill.

Bernard

Did you met my father?

• RMweb Premium

Bernard

Probably wouldn't have found him by dumping half the CVs, ignoring half of what they were told, only speaking to half the people they though would help or to your dad for half the time! Oh, maybe it wasn't a job in the Swindon area?

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Bernard

Interesting description that paints an interesting picture Bernard. Could I suggest that they were looking for a strong, calm and assertive person with exemplary negotiation and people skills who could see ways forward when things were going badly? I think that makes your dad sound a much better person, however I could be wrong?

Phil

• RMweb Premium

I've left two companies just ahead of them going into a tail spin and shedding staff (I like to think their demise was not all my own work, and for those who think inept management is a peculiarly British disease one company was German and another American), people said I was lucky but was I? I'll admit that I had no conscious thoughts that I should get out while the going was good, but looking back I think that whether I dwelt on the fact or not I had actually concluded that the companies were a train wreck about to hit the buffers. As I say, I don't think it was a conscious thing but some almost sub-conscious analysis of the company's prospects and understanding that they were about to head down the pan and made my decision. Others seemed oblivious to this and were genuinely stunned when the proverbial hit the fan yet all of the indicators were there (a good reason to take an interest in corporate accounts and reports is plain self preservation if you need to work for a living).

Archived