naturol

Hi de hi camper. This scale is massive. Baz, I'll need a bag full of plastic tat for sure.

Decided on three 4'x 2' boards, similar in structural style to Vopak.

Simon watts has built the boards and I sourced the track at the Cardiff show last week.

Ordered the Dapol 08 and got plans on some plans on a few wagon builds.

Found some cracking images of a Chipmans sump train built on a pair of FEA twins,

Plus I've re drawn the old faithful HOBC but it's 1m long the laser cutter can cut the steel beam sides, but I've got no clue what I'll do about running it......

Still undecided on the setting, exploring the east Usk branch. With a steel and chemical bias.

I'll paste up the track plan as its been re drawn. Still in the market for a crane. Details to follow.

post-9901-0-48822300-1477688831_thumb.jpeg

The loco is black and red, an you can see the thermal hoods on the bolster behind.

That's what I'd like to initially replicate as the motive power and stock.

With the strobe lamps in the cab sides above the door.

The first of the three boards...

But there is no room at the inn..........not until I get shot of Elliot rail services. And the Tarmac plant which will see an intensive amount of activity to assist in moving it on.post-9901-0-89127500-1477689122.jpeg

My son has just moved to st Mary cray. Near Orpington. And as I'm visiting him this weekend I googled model shops close by.

Ker Ching....... Kent garden railways is only 500m from his door.

G scale plasticard pattern sheeting is in stock, perfect for the steel cladding for the structure.post-9901-0-55437400-1477746126_thumb.jpeg

For Baz information........still the desire for a travelling of head crane.

The power pickups will be above the crane hidden by the front valence of the baseboard.

I will scale up a drawing of this as inspiration and see if I can get wattsy to cut out the beam elements from a sheet of Perspex.

Good to see you back Naturol, last time I I read your posts you had just broken up the parcels depot in 4mm and was selling the stock off ........... welcome to 7mm it is a decision I have not regretted swapping over to the larger scale, it's just like my 4mm modelling projects to me still no time to get on with it seriously at the moment.

Craig.

My son has just moved to st Mary cray. Near Orpington. And as I'm visiting him this weekend I googled model shops close by.

Ker Ching....... Kent garden railways is only 500m from his door.

G scale plasticard pattern sheeting is in stock, perfect for the steel cladding for the structure.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

seen this stuff in Antics in Cardiff , only one pack , was thinking of getting some for our Avesta Sheffield layout

Good to see you back Naturol, last time I I read your posts you had just broken up the parcels depot in 4mm and was selling the stock off ........... welcome to 7mm it is a decision I have not regretted swapping over to the larger scale, it's just like my 4mm modelling projects to me still no time to get on with it seriously at the moment.

Craig.

Hiya Craig. Still trying to shift some of the old parcel point stock, as well as the subsequent layouts.

All in a bid to fund the swap. How's life up north.

Hope all good your end.

Had a sabbatical for around 6 months whilst I worked in the house. Now complete with a new shed

14' X 7' but it has to hold my tools and Vopak.

Winters coming nights are dark. Out comes the liquid poly.

As the layout may need to be a bit generic. And double as a chemical based facility also. Monsanto in the Newport docks.

And loosely as a wagon repair / fabricator say PD or similar. I need a bit of visual pipe work at the right hand end to obscure the sector plate.

So this image will form the basis for ducting.

Alas a sad image as it was taken as part of the news coverage following the fatal explosion at the plant.post-9901-0-51344500-1477749676_thumb.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

You kept this under your hat: Not a mention of it when we were chatting about stuff at the Cardiff show.

It was your brother that spilled the beans when I emailed him about stuff and mentioned my  own 08 pre order.

I hope this will be ready for the small Cardiff show in Jan 17, which I shall be attending?

Ed and the boys will be coming along as well as they completed the competition at the last show and have been informed they've won a free family ticket to the next Cardiff show.

Trouble is, it is a family ticket, so either my 'little' brother or myself will have to turn up wearing a skirt!!

Super star wattsy turned up today with a new house name plaque, Great,....but no base boards. Promised them tomorow. Yippee.

Q. Where can I get hold of 20' containers? ( tried c rail but doesn't do O gauge.)

Paul

Will this latest Naturol Production be of the DCC inclination?

I'm lead to believe that my NCE powercab will drive the Dapol 08 easily. Even with sound. So yes, I'm sticking with DCC.

Not sure about the points yet, now the cobalts are much more reliable I'll most probably use two of these also.

It certainly won't be ready for Christmas. Might be running by the small Cdf show on 21st Jan.

( shameless plug),

But I'm also trying to finish " blue circle layout" as well so I can free up all available space.

( chances are that will be at the show.

Archived