FTG Models - CO2 TTA Tanker

Hugh Flynn

​i only seen a maximum of four in a mixed freight on route to Cameronbridge but a rake of twelve behind the forthcoming Bachmann class 37 split headcoad would look great on any layout.i this is one wagon i look forward too purchasing hugh(and a good br brown framed mgr if Hornby would do it )or maybe you could do one :mail:  :no: 

Edited by fife 27
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only just come across this, nice work.

Do you really need worry about couplings other than position? If your going to use NEM pockets then it be more viable to buy in ready made couplers?

Kev S

Hi

Sorry no it would not be viable - 1200 models divide by 5 wagons done per bag is 240 bags times £4 a bag =  £1000 just for couplings?

Their is no problem regards to coupling it is we are trying to give better detail on braking system and coupling is in the way? 

Hugh

• 1 month later...

Hi Richard

I should have finished cads by the end of next week (only decals to finish) then I have to obtain quotes for tooling I have had one provisional

but I do need to check on a couple of other suppliers.

Biggest thing being honest ,I still have a few more SPA network rail to shift before I can place final order ,I do have all tooling costs available.

Hugh

Hi Richard

I should have finished cads by the end of next week (only decals to finish) then I have to obtain quotes for tooling I have had one provisional

Biggest thing being honest ,I still have a few more SPA network rail to shift before I can place final order ,I do have all tooling costs available.

Hugh

Good evening Hugh, ok cheers for the heads up all sounds great and wish i could help on the N.R Wagons but way past my modelling era i'm afraid and i never even saw yellow ones tbh! But the Dutch & Railfreight are lovely i have plenty of both types ;)

Hi Richard

Hugh

How many yellow ones left Hugh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi

What we can see on drawing it looks to be a vent,I use these now and again on storage tanks but I would guess it was a motherwell bridge made item/

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fort+vale+uk&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi40KDQhInSAhWlF8AKHQZNCg8Q_AUICCgD#imgrc=ryRSvY4O7ticTM:

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

Correct - It's a pressure relief valve and does show on the Motherwell Bridge original drawings.

On one of the barely readable drawings that I didn't send you - as it's faded badly and not readable, there is an inset showing it.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hi

No not ever thing NR sell, 4 sets sold in last month.

I am unsure what to do at the moment as costs in China have shot up for tooling and unit cost.

If i sell 1000 tankers there is a big short fall in return ,1500 break even.

Hugh

Are there other sources outside China? Also, at what point do costs in China make production in Europe attractive?

Regards

I think what was it 6 people who wanted the yellow version.... think they need to be named and shamed now lol

Well i've bought a couple this year one for 14 quid an the other 20.00 both are now Railfreight red.

The costs in China are making things hard work very much so now but if you find the right engineer who has his very own workshop anything is possible :)

Of note the ex appleby co2's have been popping up on that auction site the last two months and none sold for less than 155.00 each.... a pair sold for 157.00 two quid more lol fun times, so basically a bit of drain pipe and white metal chassis and ends can fetch that wow is all i'm saying.

• Like 1