6REP, 5WES, 319/1 & 313/0 conversions and builds in NSE

pdanny

Transfers added and my 313 is actually looking like the real thing now.

post-20061-0-10696800-1536047758_thumb.jpg

Star buy was definately the Railtec Transfers door open button which are 3D so totally look the business.

post-20061-0-88418600-1536047832_thumb.jpg

Next job is to varnish and complete the detailing so glazing and undercarriage can begin.

post-20061-0-40463900-1536047968_thumb.jpg

I'm really pleased with it.

post-20061-0-73703300-1536047925_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Looking very good, well done.

Cheers.

Paul.

Hey, been a while. Hope all is well with you and the team. Thanks, glad you like. It's been a tough build but learning a lot from this one and loving the results. Want to get the glazing done so I can get cracking onto the interior. That'll be the bit that makes the difference.

post-20061-0-98277100-1536190117_thumb.jpgpost-20061-0-73126600-1536190160_thumb.jpg

How's things? Is TWY on tour right now? Loving the paint job you guys did on the portakabin. LSE never looked so good :)

• Like 3

Missed this thread until now, although not my timescale or area its always nice to see people building units and yours are absolutely top notch, a real credit.

Will follow with interest.

Martyn.

Thanks mate. I always remember not being able to model my own region as the Manufacturers focused on steam or the other 3 regions. The southern is dominated by units and until very recently most were only ever available in kit form. So I built them and even now I still do because all the ones I want are still only available in kit form not that I'm complaining, I'm loving building them.

i have not been active on Ebay for a few weeks as I’m looking to put my class 507-315 parts and other parts onto a web site, I am thinking of abandoning Ebay as the fees are ridiculous, if anyone needs any parts my e-mail address is Andrew.marsland@live.co.uk

Delivery time can be around a week from ordering as I do all the resin casting myself.

The kit used to come as 3 pieces per body side as was on this model Danny built but it now comes as one piece bodysides, I am also thinking of doing fully built bodyshells, and possibly painted ones,

The only thing I need to do is get the underframe components designed and then everything for the kit is done, the floors and bogie side frames have been available for the last month or so.

• Like 11

i have not been active on Ebay for a few weeks as I’m looking to put my class 507-315 parts and other parts onto a web site, I am thinking of abandoning Ebay as the fees are ridiculous, if anyone needs any parts my e-mail address is Andrew.marsland@live.co.uk

Delivery time can be around a week from ordering as I do all the resin casting myself.

The kit used to come as 3 pieces per body side as was on this model Danny built but it now comes as one piece bodysides, I am also thinking of doing fully built bodyshells, and possibly painted ones,

The only thing I need to do is get the underframe components designed and then everything for the kit is done, the floors and bogie side frames have been available for the last month or so.

That is very welcome news Andrew. I can certainly understand that the fees with eBay can be quite high especially as PayPal will put theirs on top too.

Your kit for the 507/508/31x is certainly the best I've come across.

I am no expert on 313s but when did they get door push buttons? 313001 did not have them at the time of being painted NSE but they did get them at some time later. However, the buttons do look very good.

Cheers.

Not sure on the exact date/time but all the research shows it as being during their NSE phase as I have pics with and without. 313001 when first in NSE was without but I also have pics with so I can only assume it was between 88 and 93 lol.

Glad at the news, was concerned after everything disappeared from eBay. Especially as I am still building and will need to source more parts. Good news on the one piece sides and possible bodyshell formats going forwards though, good luck.

Currently adding cab windows and preparing the side glazing. Need to get undercarriage parts next.post-20061-0-94156800-1536764079_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Can you put a price list up in this thread (and the other 507/508 thread maybe) for the new updated sides, still fancy doing a misery rail 508

Not sure on the exact date/time but all the research shows it as being during their NSE phase as I have pics with and without. 313001 when first in NSE was without but I also have pics with so I can only assume it was between 88 and 93 lol.

I trust your research, I only have a limited number of pics. Thanks.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Guest teacupteacup

Nice window etches, are they from Rubyrocco76 or your own production?

The etched frames are from PPD Ltd, reorder code 24905. Cost circa £21

MC

Regarding the window etches, are there any spare cab window frames on the etches?  I'd love to do a 314, these have an additional small window each side under the pantograph

Nice window etches, are they from Rubyrocco76 or your own production?

The etched frames are from PPD Ltd, reorder code 24905. Cost circa £21

MC

Regarding the window etches, are there any spare cab window frames on the etches?  I'd love to do a 314, these have an additional small window each side under the pantograph

Hey, thanks for the like. The window frames are produced by PPD Ltd and on the sheet that I had produced, there isn't an extra window as per the 314s I'm afraid. Try contacting the original vendor for the kits as he may produce them.

Long time admirer of your work. Doing the 457 with Kelly. One of the stumbling blocks is the need to have mk3 type windows with letter box vents above. Our initial source is no longer available so we need to get some etched but lack the measurements of the windows to do so. Despite 67300 being about 3 miles away when at the ERM we never measured those windows. I did the phase 3 components but that is all.

But back to your awesome models. Can I be permitted to make a small comment about your 313? On the first 10 units the roof vents are larger. Additionally as I am sure that you are already aware of is that some units in NSE had no black or a reduced amount on the yellow ends.

Looking forward to your next project- maybe a 455/7?

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 1

Long time admirer of your work. Doing the 457 with Kelly. One of the stumbling blocks is the need to have mk3 type windows with letter box vents above. Our initial source is no longer available so we need to get some etched but lack the measurements of the windows to do so. Despite 67300 being about 3 miles away when at the ERM we never measured those windows. I did the phase 3 components but that is all.

But back to your awesome models. Can I be permitted to make a small comment about your 313? On the first 10 units the roof vents are larger. Additionally as I am sure that you are already aware of is that some units in NSE had no black or a reduced amount on the yellow ends.

Looking forward to your next project- maybe a 455/7?Long time admirer of your work. Doing the 457 with Kelly. One of the stumbling blocks is the need to have mk3 type windows with letter box vents above. Our initial source is no longer available so we need to get some etched but lack the measurements of the windows to do so. Despite 67300 being about 3 miles away when at the ERM we never measured those windows. I did the phase 3 components but that is all.

Looking forward to your next project- maybe a 455/7?

Hey thanks. Really appreciate the feedback. Yes, on the vents. You are correct. The vents aren't available yet so waiting and looking at scratchbuild options. I have plenty of other things to do first but it is on my list of things to do. On 313001, I'm working from photos so the black around the cabs is correct to this unit.

I always wanted to model the 457 but I would rather do it in its original format as a class 210. I saw them at Reading in the 80s roaring through on the down fast at speed and was captivated by it. On the windows, they are Mk3 windows with a hopper section laid above so measurements wise, I would perceive them to be the same as the 455s in width. PPD Ltd would etch them for you if you can give them dimensions.

Did you try messaging Jim smith wright from p4newst.com. He did the etched window frames more than 10 years ago suitable for the class 210 or class 317,457 etc, I seem to recall that someone asked if the etches could still be obtained on the Demu forum a few years ago and he mentioned he could order them.

• Like 1

Did you try messaging Jim smith wright from p4newst.com. He did the etched window frames more than 10 years ago suitable for the class 210 or class 317,457 etc, I seem to recall that someone asked if the etches could still be obtained on the Demu forum a few years ago and he mentioned he could order them.

I have previously. He unfortunately hasn't anymore left, he said he could order some but wasn't sure when he'd be able to do so iirc. I'll have a word with him again maybe at Scaleforum at the weekend.

• Like 1

I am doing discounted prices cheaper than Ebay for the class 507-315 emu parts.

Prices are as follows.

Cab fronts and inner ends £10.00 each specify when ordering which type eg pantograph coach end.

Any type of body side each version is correct to each type of unit £12 each or a pair for £22.00

Floors £10 each

Window frame etches £25 per 3 car unit or £35 per 4 car unit. Each type is specific per unit type

Bogie sets £6.00 for 4 sideframes enough for one coach.

These prices are a good saving compared to buying on Ebay.

To order I take payment at Andrew.marsland@live.co.uk that is my paypal address and e-mail address.

I just need to get the underframe parts 3d designed and the various types of seating done eg original type low back seats and newer type high back seats.

I am also looking for someone who can finish the 3d design ( my current designer takes too long) and someone who can draw the units and who can do instructions on where the parts go and how to assemble each unit.

I am doing discounted prices cheaper than Ebay for the class 507-315 emu parts.

Prices are as follows.

Cab fronts and inner ends £10.00 each specify when ordering which type eg pantograph coach end.

Any type of body side each version is correct to each type of unit £12 each or a pair for £22.00

Floors £10 each

Window frame etches £25 per 3 car unit or £35 per 4 car unit. Each type is specific per unit type

Bogie sets £6.00 for 4 sideframes enough for one coach.

These prices are a good saving compared to buying on Ebay.

To order I take payment at Andrew.marsland@live.co.uk that is my paypal address and e-mail address.

I just need to get the underframe parts 3d designed and the various types of seating done eg original type low back seats and newer type high back seats.

I am also looking for someone who can finish the 3d design ( my current designer takes too long) and someone who can draw the units and who can do instructions on where the parts go and how to assemble each unit.