Lincoln & District Model Railway Exhibition

Webbo

Due to circumstances beyond our control the venue for the 2017 exhibition has had to be moved from the Lincolnshire Showground to Newark Showground and the recently re-built Lady Eastwood Pavilion, post code NG24 2NY. The venue is as mentioned a newly rebuilt ultra modern facility within easy reach of all major roads, there will be a bus from Newark Northgate and Newark Castle railway stations both days.

The dates for the exhibition are 25th and 26th February 2017

Saturday 10.00 - 17.00

Sunday 10.00 - 16.30

Early opening for disabled both days at  09.30-10.00

The line up is as follows>

LAYOUTS

7mm 0 gauge  Helmthwaite and Chapel Lane

4mm 00 gauge Leeds Central

2mm N gauge Westbrook

2mm N gauge Millfield Yard

4mm 00 gauge Deeping Lane Depot

2mm N gauge Glenellen Castle

10mm Gauge 1 The Glenngary tramway

4mm 00 gauge Blagdon

7mm 0 gauge Hassell Harbour Bridge

7mm 0 gauge Oxenhope

0n30 Grizzly Woods Railroad

3.5mm HO gauge Whispering Hollow

4mm P4 gauge Tredethy Wharf

3.5mm HO gauge Broadford

4mm EM gauge Diesels in the Duchy

4mm 00 gauge Newburn

4mm 00 gauge The Worlds End

2mm N gauge Lumpton Bank

2mm N gauge Loch Oran

4mm 00 gauge Sutton in Ashfield Town

4mm 00 gauge Loughley Town (Trams)

2mm N gauge Whatton Parva

2mm N gauge Rails along the sea wall

1.5mm Z gauge Loosely Warren

009 High Stamley

009 Burgedorf

4mm 00 gauge Gowts Bridge

4mm 00 gauge Canons Cross

TRADERS

Booklaw

Caistor Loco

Mad About Trains

Modelmania

Brickyard models

Ceynix model trees

Elaines trains

GRA models

Grosmont book shop

Hobby holidays

KFT Design

Layouts4U

ModelU3D

Online models

Petite properties

Sherwood models

Tools 2000

Wealistic models

ABC Model Railways

M & J Broomhead 7mm coaches

DEMONSTRATORS

Bea Broadwood

Buildings from the petite properties range

D.E.M.U.

Jacqui Perrott

Building trees from the Ceynix tree range

John Fownes

Cardboard John building loco's and rolling stock out of cardboard

M.E.R.G

Paul Chetter

Loco sounds

Pete Brinded

7mm loco & wagon kit building

Richard Dockerill

7mm coach building

Malcom Broomhead

7mm Coach building

SOCIETIES

Gauge 0 guild

Great Central Railway Society

Great Northern Railway Society

Lincolnshire Wolds Railway Society

Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society

R.C.T.S

That's it for now folks

Updates as and when neccessary

Alan

Looking good Alan, really hoping the change of venue works out and the show continues to grow from strength to strength. You've done a cracking job over the last few years.

I'm looking forward to being there with Deeping Lane, been working out a new way of operating it recently and can't wait to try it in a proper show setting.

• 1 month later...

Leeds Central will appear once again on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th February, at the "Lincoln" model railway exhibition actually to be held this year at the NEWARK showground, just off the A1 at its junction with the A46 and A17.

N.B. whilst it was previously suggested, incorrectly as it turns out, that Spalding, November 2015 might be this layout's last public appearance, the owner now tells me that the showing at Lincoln / Newark REALLY IS planned to be its last bow....

Pictures and other waffle at http://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7475&start=105

How much is the bus fare to/from the show?

The bus will be free of charge (donation more than welcome but not necessary) 

Details of the times and other important travel news will be posted shortly especially for those visiting on the sunday

• 3 weeks later...

For those visitors travelling by car some route advise to avoid congestion on the SUNDAY on the A46 between Newark -A1-A17 junctions

From the North and South heading along the A1, Come off at the Coddington turn off NOT the A46 turn off, head through Coddington to the A17 roundabout then follow the signs for the showground.

From the west A46 maybe wise to travel through Newark itself and head towards Coddington/Beckingham joining the A17 as above

Nige....

Never mind that, can you just have the ridiculously designed Lincoln "should be a by-pass but really a car park" cleared on the Friday afternoon please so that those of us unfortunate enough to live in East Lincolnshire, who now find that Lincoln show has moved 20 miles further away onto the "awkward side" of Lincoln (and out of the home county in the process), can actually get there for set up on Friday rather than die of old age on the outskirts of Lincoln...

Never mind that, can you just have the ridiculously designed Lincoln "should be a by-pass but really a car park" cleared on the Friday afternoon please so that those of us unfortunate enough to live in East Lincolnshire, who now find that Lincoln show has moved 20 miles further away onto the "awkward side" of Lincoln (and out of the home county in the process), can actually get there for set up on Friday rather than die of old age on the outskirts of Lincoln...

Graham,

If you live at the north east side of Lincoln why not use the A16 to Louth, the A153 to Sleaford and finally the A17 to Newark. Its a much more scenic and temper taming route.

Alan

If only time and fuel budgets would allow, I could probably go round via Boston, Peterborough and Nottingham as well.

Stuck with having to earn a living until mid afternoon on the Friday, and assuming that Lincoln club don't want to cover extravagant fuel claims, the quickest and shortest possible route is required. It's difficult to believe that the designers of the relatively recent Lincoln by-pass thought that it would be a good idea to narrow it down from dual carriageway to single carriageway in several places and leave it to intersect on the level with all of the major radial roads around the city! Then, given any relief road, what do all typical councils do, including the one relevant to this problem? Why, of course, they pass plans for loads of new developments requiring access off the relief road, guaranteeing that it fills up with traffic and becomes almost useless for its intended purpose.

I have a choice of routes in mind, but if I told you about those I have to..........

• RMweb Premium

If only time and fuel budgets would allow, I could probably go round via Boston, Peterborough and Nottingham as well.

Stuck with having to earn a living until mid afternoon on the Friday, and assuming that Lincoln club don't want to cover extravagant fuel claims, the quickest and shortest possible route is required. It's difficult to believe that the designers of the relatively recent Lincoln by-pass thought that it would be a good idea to narrow it down from dual carriageway to single carriageway in several places and leave it to intersect on the level with all of the major radial roads around the city! Then, given any relief road, what do all typical councils do, including the one relevant to this problem? Why, of course, they pass plans for loads of new developments requiring access off the relief road, guaranteeing that it fills up with traffic and becomes almost useless for its intended purpose.

I have a choice of routes in mind, but if I told you about those I have to..........

Hi

In addition they didn't think it a good idea to link it to the A46 instead of stopping at the A15. 

Cheers

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Apparently the Highways Agency are responsible for the A46 round Lincoln and they decided it didn't all need dualling. In which decision they are clearly wrong as we see at least twice every weekday. But it wasn't the County Council's decision, so I'm told.

Dava

Just for clarity, though sadly of no relevance to the show (which ought to be the topic of discussion), you'll notice that I did not say that either the County or the City Council determined the design of the road, but most councils do seem to be masters in the business of ruining by-passes by allowing numerous adjoining cheap-build developments, accessible only by car, while leaving high streets to become derelict.

Just for clarity, though sadly of no relevance to the show (which ought to be the topic of discussion), you'll notice that I did not say that either the County or the City Council determined the design of the road, but most councils do seem to be masters in the business of ruining by-passes by allowing numerous adjoining cheap-build developments, accessible only by car, while leaving high streets to become derelict.

Graham,

Can you please get back on to the exhibition, as you say it should be the main topic of discussion and its only 4 days away.

No matter how much you moan and groan about by-passes etc they will still be built the same way and become a circular car park, but at least it does mean you can get through the middle of town without much difficulty now.

Alan

Evening All 

Hassel Harbour Bridge ready to go , one of our members will soon be making his way from Australia , now that is what i call dedication , picking van up early now so hopefully we should have plenty of set up time .

If you would like to test any of your loco,s we will try and accommodate you , bearing in mind people have come to see trains run .

We are all looking forward to the weekend , shall i say Playing trains !!!!!

Thanks

Good morning everyone

The Glenngary Tramway  has undergone a service and test session ready for its  first outing of 2017, now all packed away ready for the off. Dianne and I are looking forward to a busy weekend.

Gary

post-16366-0-59943200-1487921392_thumb.jpg

Not long got back from setting Deeping Lane up and it's all ready for the punters tomorrow morning :)

Also had time for a quick nose round whilst others were setting up and it's already looking like a good show. Really looking forward to the next few days :)

Also I can confirm that there are barriers.

Evening everyone

Unfortunately during the journey down to Newark we were involved in an RTA with a large lorry .Both Dianne and I are ok but the layout received what on first sight appears to be only cosmetic  damage but will require a full test session to ascertain if this is the case.

The car however may prove to be a write off ! We had only just changed it 8 weeks ago and all can say is thank god Skoda Yetis are built like tanks.

We are really sorry not to make it to the show and hope everybody has an enjoyable  and safe weekend

Gary and Dianne

Archived