Sign in to follow this  
ianofsklr

Dutch Diesel Shunters

Hello,

i wonder if someone can help me...

I went to the Stoomtram Hoorne-Medlemblik railway in The Netherlands this summer (it is thoroughly enjoyable!) and I really liked the small diesel loco that they had there. Does anyone know what it is (Dieselok 101 of 1935 seems to be the best I can do) and whether there is an HO model of it?

I can find other diesel shunters, but not one like this with two bonnets either side of the cab.

Thank you very much for your reply  :good:

Your answer kind of confirms what I suspected, that it is an unusual and hard to find type loco, and that therefore there is no RTR model of it out there. I spent a bit of time Googling things yesterday and getting nowhere (except for getting a headache!).

I think therefore that a good present to myself to recognise my trip on that railway would be the Roco Sik shunting locomotive. :locomotive:

• Like 2

Some of these small shunters (nicknamed goats in English) were fitted with a crane and nicknamed kraansik. This, I think, makes the prototype a little more unusual looking.

Some of these small shunters (nicknamed goats in English) were fitted with a crane and nicknamed kraansik. This, I think, makes the prototype a little more unusual looking.

If the small shunter is nicknamed a goat....is the one with the crane nicknamed a 'Giraffe'...?

From the description given, it would appear that NTM 101 was intended for line work, not just a shunter.

One of the sik 200 series (292) was taken by the Wehrmacht in WW2, finding it's way to Czechoslovakia (CSD) after the war, where it was allocated the number T232.002. (Whether it actually carried the number is beyond my Czech ability and I haven't seen any pictures).  From what I can tell, it was repatriated to the Netherlands in 1947 during a time when the Comecon countries were exchanging locos according to provenance and to rationalise their fleets.  Additionally another six siks (sic) also found their way briefly to Czechoslovakia during 1946 (loans?) some of which are now preserved in the Netherlands.

post-10122-0-11900600-1479340513_thumb.jpg

NS 311, preserved at the NSM, Utrecht, was one of the Sik locomotors that spent time in Czechoslovakia (Nymburk) in 1946.

• Like 1