kes

It did after 3 days. I have beefed up the supports underneath, added some screws, and increased clearances. I don't know what it was about the atmosphere in that hall, but several exhibitors mentioned tightening fiddle yards!  It was good to see you and Nicola. Catch up with you sometime. Kev.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sandy Bay worked well for the two days of the Scarborough and District show at Scalby. The location was most appropriate as the station on Sandy Bay is based on the one that existed at Scalby. I have to thank the Club for a very well organised exhibition which was a pleasure to attend. The next outing for this layout will be at Jarrow on the 20/21st May. I now have  much modified M7 which is a G5 look alike. I built a new hopper bunker, new chimney, vac pipe and air pump. Here are a couple of photos in progress before the chimney etc and before renumbering.

IMG_20230324_122302.jpg

IMG_20230324_122110.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Sandy Bay will be attending the Thirsk model railway show at the town hall in Thirsk on Sun 30th July. The exhibition is open from 10am to 4pm. We hope to see some of you there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sandy Bay is back on the road at the Great British Model Railway Show at Gaydon, 28/29th October. It is currently sat in the garage being checked over. We look forward to seeing some of you at the show.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sandy Bay will be at the Alsager Model Railway exhibition at Bentley Motors on Sat/Sun 11/12 Nov. This will be the last outing for this year. It has been a busy one for exhibition appearances. We will be out and about at more shows in 2024.  Kevin.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

The layout worked well at the exhibition. One controller failed full on. I investigated it when we got home and found the signal transistor blown. I have replaced it, and the controller is back to normal. Here is a photo of a happy demented operator after assembling the layout!

IMG_20231111_160259789.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

We had a great time at the Pontefract show - many thanks are due to Richard and his team for the organisation. Sandy Bay worked perfectly all weekend and was well received by the public. It was a busy show which was good to see. The last train of the day was the demolition contractors special!  -quite appropriate.

IMG_20240128_160454_2CS.jpg

IMG_20240128_160357_1CS.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Great to see the layout again on Sat afternoon, Kes and thankyou for taking the time to explain the uncoupling system to me (probably for the 2nd time !) As you say all was working well ... and still looks great.

Regards,

Ian.

Just to say what a great layout thread about a lovely layout.

6 hours ago, kes said:

The last train of the day was the demolition contractors special!  -quite appropriate.

I do hope that was just in reference to the End of Show, and not anything more ominous for Sandy Bay’s future!

Steve S

• Agree 1

No, nothing to worry about, I just remembered the photo of the 03 and a train of brake vans taking the demolition contractors along the line to value/bid for the assets. This is as close as I can get with my stock.

Edited by kes
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

We had a very enjoyable day exhibiting the layout at the Rotary Club Newton Aycliffe exhibition. It was very well organised, very friendly, and excellent food. The layout won the Hardaker Trophy for the best layout as voted for by the visiting public. It is astounding this little layout still causes such a reaction many years after I built it.

Kevin.

IMG_20240323_092355648.jpg

IMG_20240325_084920081 (1).jpg

Edited by kes
Spelling
  • Like 5